collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by Villan82
[Today at 09:23:56 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:20:35 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:14:01 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:12:29 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 09:11:32 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:54:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stephen Warnock - loaned to Bolton Wanderers (reply #231)  (Read 65663 times)

Offline Rick_avfc

Re: Stephen Warnock
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2012, 09:36:06 AM »
Warnock needs to be taken out of the firing line for a few games as his performances are fairly poor.  That own goal was shocking.  Last time we had Given to thank for being alert (Everton game) but this time it was like he wanted to do one better and score which he did! 

I dont agree with booing the guy during the game as its hardly going to improve his overall performance on the pitch now is it?

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2012, 09:45:52 AM »
As annoyed as I was at Warnock's calamitous blunder, I do actually feel sorry for the guy. There was no need for the booing aimed at him.

Well done. Boo one of our players. That's really going to help, isn't it? He hardly did it on purpose. Morons.

You say that Legion, but the gift to Swansea, the near miss against Everton, and then last night, you can;t blame people for wondering if it's mere incompetence, or a case of "Hodgenessabounds" (sorry to use the H word). 

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2012, 10:35:29 AM »
It's so wrong to boo one of our own players I don't agree with booing them but I reckon he needs to be dropped and give somebody else a chance at left back because his form is woeful.

Offline tarzansbrother

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2012, 10:43:14 AM »
It's so wrong to boo one of our own players I don't agree with booing them but I reckon he needs to be dropped and give somebody else a chance at left back because his form is woeful.

Who? Clarke ain't looked great and do you throw in the new youngster?

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2012, 11:39:58 AM »

Who? Clarke ain't looked great and do you throw in the new youngster?
Someone who gives a toss is fine by me
I didn't boo him, i don't feel sorry for him though, he and Hutton are liablities, have been all season and its plain to see, neither got their acts together at any point so far. When that own goal went in I vented my frustration. I don't regret it, the o.g was horrendous from the whole defence and it was him who cost the 1st goal.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2012, 11:54:27 AM »
I thought he was excellent second half and was heavily involved down the left linking well with N'zogbia.
it would be easy to drop his head and hide from the ball after the moronic booing but he kept looking for it and contributed as much as anybody else second half. You certainly cannot fault his effort and sometimes it is easier to keep a player in the team and work through the bad form. He certainly wont benefit by playing in the reserves where most teams play young players and non squad players. Before the premiership came into existence reserve team football was full of what I call proper players and that was a time when you could drop down and rediscover your form but those days have gone.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »
I thought he was excellent second half and was heavily involved down the left linking well with N'zogbia.
it would be easy to drop his head and hide from the ball after the moronic booing but he kept looking for it and contributed as much as anybody else second half. You certainly cannot fault his effort and sometimes it is easier to keep a player in the team and work through the bad form. He certainly wont benefit by playing in the reserves where most teams play young players and non squad players. Before the premiership came into existence reserve team football was full of what I call proper players and that was a time when you could drop down and rediscover your form but those days have gone.

He was much better in the second half largely because he didn't have much defending to do - we were on the front foot the entire second half.

Offline glasses

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2012, 12:15:58 PM »
As annoyed as I was at Warnock's calamitous blunder, I do actually feel sorry for the guy. There was no need for the booing aimed at him.

Well done. Boo one of our players. That's really going to help, isn't it? He hardly did it on purpose. Morons.

You say that Legion, but the gift to Swansea, the near miss against Everton, and then last night, you can;t blame people for wondering if it's mere incompetence, or a case of "Hodgenessabounds" (sorry to use the H word). 

Personally, I just dont think he is very good at all. His reaction to the OG was one of embarrassment and not one of someone who doesn't care.

Offline glasses

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2012, 12:20:08 PM »
I might have a bit more time for him and his shit performances, and yes they have been shit, if he wasn't such a dick when Houllier was here.

Gerard found him out and now everyone else is. I hope he realises how crap he has been, and is working his nuts off to turn it around with extra training etc. Somehow doubt it, big time Charlie.

I think his confidence is so low he can't get his act together.

Booing him was ridiculous, like he meant to score such a great goal !!

Wayne Bridge to O'Neill's latest army looking like one we genuinely missed out on.

I may be alone, but I think when Warnock has his head straight, he is a much better player than Bridge

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2012, 12:55:14 PM »
Just because he played well doesn't mean he was a leader. Keane was the only leader out there last night.
It doesn't mean that he is a leader, no - but I'd say it was unlikely that he'd be able to both play very well and play like "he couldn't give a toss".

Wayne Bridge to O'Neill's latest army looking like one we genuinely missed out on.
So that Warnock would be kept company by the one full-back in the league who looks shakier and more useless than he does?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2012, 12:56:43 PM »
Needs to be dropped. Looks in bits to my mind. Wouldn't stick a yoof player in though because its the whole back line and i don't think its fair to have a kid cope with that.

Who do you suggest Greg? I only ask because someone suggested Delph on another thread and you was'nt keen. He can't be any worse than Warnock has been but i agree sticking a yoof player would'nt be wise either. There's always Clark but i think he's better suited to midfield duties. Either way, we need a new left back in the summer.

On the other side of the pitch, Hutton for me is slowly getting better, even if it is going forward. Take away that needless giving away of a corner in the first five minutes and he was'nt that bad.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2012, 12:58:35 PM »
Needs to be dropped. Looks in bits to my mind. Wouldn't stick a yoof player in though because its the whole back line and i don't think its fair to have a kid cope with that.

Who do you suggest Greg? I only ask because someone suggested Delph on another thread and you was'nt keen.
Don't forget that Greg, in his infinite wisdom wants Delph in at centre-half.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2012, 01:17:07 PM »
I think the problem for Warnock is his ability to respond, personally I think he's panicky, faced with a situation that needs consideration and time on the ball he lashes out as a first response.

Problem is Hutton is not much better, hence the the semi cleared ball of the Arsenal player and into the net.

So in short, put these players in the vicinity of there own goal that they have to defend, anything could happen, for me these players look like in there early days in football they where midfielder's, so had players behind them to cover, converted to the back and now they are the last line. Cool heads required.

Offline Merv

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2012, 01:23:27 PM »
Anyone can make a mistake, but the most worrying thing about the og was that Warnock had done the same thing against Everton, heading a ball back to the 'keeper, and almost scored then. Did the same last night and it cost us - lesson not learned. Both he and Dunne could have just let that ball soar over their heads and out for a throw-in - there was no QPR player anywhere near them. We're not talking about kids here - one seasoned international, aged 32, and another long-standing PL defender pushing 30. Poor choices made by experienced defenders.

Options for McLeish? Even if we leave Clark in CM - which I think we should do - we have Stevens and Baker who we could play at LB. That's a brave decision though, and I don't think McLeish will make it.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2012, 01:27:35 PM »
Just because he played well doesn't mean he was a leader. Keane was the only leader out there last night.

Agree, we have been missing leaders in the team for a very long time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal