collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Special message to the guy in the Trocadero on Sat night  (Read 27367 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Special message to the guy in the Trocadero on Sat night
« on: January 09, 2012, 03:06:43 PM »
Not sure if the other Villa fan (guy in his late 40's maybe early 50's) that was with his missus in the Troc watching the game on sat night is a member on here but if he is then fair play to him.
To cut a long story short
I was in town with my missus on sat and we decided to watch the game in the Troc - we got a seat at the bar and behind us was said villa fan and his wife. All around us was just normal sat evening drinkers so the guy in the pub put the game on for us (apparantly if any sniff of trouble and the game goes off) The  after a few minutes 5 typical noses came in and stood by us, all burberried up with some of the biggest golden bollocks i have ever seen, one of them was a woman decked out in full nose tracksuit and football shirt (classy). Once we scored all they did was take the piss and the other guy was getting agitated. My missus gave me the "You start and im off" lecture and i kept my cool. They really went out of their way to start something (mainly with this other guy) a few times he and one of the noses went eye ball to eye ball. I got in between them and calmed it down only for them to turn their attention to me.
Anyhow through much provocation the villa fan left with his missus after telling them all to fuck off.
Thankfully both the couple and after the game me and my missus got out of there without any further grief.

Firstly if you are reading this  - well done mate for taking no shit off them and holding your own
and secondly why are "the other side" such classless wankers that feel really brave having a pop at a couple of blokes having a drink with their missus and watching a game

Total knobs the lot of them

Oh and for the record only one of them (the tracksuited woman) had been part of the 14K actually at their game

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Special message to the guy in the Trocadero on Sat night
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »
I've never been physically threatened watching a game in the pub, thankfully. However, I have noticed certain Blose fans who turn up to a pub to watch when Villa are playing but don't bother when The Heathens are on the box. Bearing in mind I know these particular fans never actually attend the game they are sad beyond belief. To quote Trevor Francis "if Birmingham did the double over Villa and got relegated most of their fans would consider that a great season". Obsessed weirdos.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 03:46:55 PM »
There were a couple of 'noses' in the British Oak on Saturday night stood by the screen. As soon as we scored they started singing '16 years, and won fuck all'. I reminded them that we had round our version of that song upto 100 years. He shut up then. I also asked his friend where they watched the game... He said in the Three Horseshoes. My question of 'I guess it was difficult to decide where to sit down there eh?' went down a treat ;D

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 04:14:59 PM »
What a sad bunch! Says alot about their fans when they cant even fill out their stadium for a local derby in the cup game.  I hope they continue to ply their trade in the championship with a stint in league 1.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 04:21:22 PM »
The only real grief I've had with noses is after the 3-0 defeat under Taylor when I had to had to chin two of the little chav rats for spitting beer all over my bike (it had a Villa badge on the side fairing).

Otherwise its just been banter with those I know. Which has occasionally been... spirited, but never violent.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
Having lived in bandit country this story sounds fairly typical.

I now live in the Black Country among plenty of Wolves and Albion fans, and while I'm sure they have their fair share of idiots I have yet to have a problem when watching Villa.

The 'Noses have a reputation for picking on people who aren't looking for trouble.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 04:37:35 PM »
My flatmate says how it spreads around that 'The Villa are losing' in his block during their games.

Can't say I've ever heard the same down the Villa when it's a non-significant game for them.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 05:14:14 PM »
I'm beginning to think that football fans are like a decent wine, they mature with age.
There's a nose who drinks in my local who I had a few run ins with (to put it mildly) in the 70's and early 80's. Nowadays we drink together and sometimes reminisce about the 'good old days', but mostly we seem to bemoan the stupid attitudes from both sides of the divide. That isn't to say  that my absolute dislike of SHA has changed, or his dislike of the Villa. It's just that we have both mellowed a little and as we have grown up we have realised that the cross city rivalry isn't the be all and end all.
There are younger followers of both clubs in our local who knowing our personal history find it incomprehensible that we can drink and have a laugh together, and there's nothing either of us can say that will change their minds.

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »
When they got to Wembley, about 50 of them went in the Famous 3 kings in London, which shows live Premier League games on the Saturday afternoon before their game,  'looking' for Villa fans. We were at home to Blackburn.  They obviously knew there wouldnt be any of the villa mob in there and wanted to pick on people.

A mate of mine who usually sits next to me in the Upper Holte was in there.  Said they were horrible.

They are pathetic.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:03:01 PM by Fin Feds Dad »

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 06:03:46 PM »
Troc used to be a great place to watch Villa games. Went downhill when they took Jukeboxout and succesive landlords have prioritised serving food..

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »
Troc used to be a great place to watch Villa games. Went downhill when they took Jukeboxout and succesive landlords have prioritised serving food..

Exactly, I used to love the Troc.  Was distraught when they gutted the place and tried to go a bit more upmarket.  Went in there one day and BBC News 24 was on the TV for crying out loud, who wants to watch the news in a pub?

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 07:25:21 PM »

Exactly, I used to love the Troc.  Was distraught when they gutted the place and tried to go a bit more upmarket.  Went in there one day and BBC News 24 was on the TV for crying out loud, who wants to watch the news in a pub?

I can beat that. Assembly Rooms in Solihull put the Boat Race on at the behest of two old bags, turning off the Villa - Man U match.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 07:33:05 PM »

You may or may not have gathered by now but I live out in the Atlantic so is that the Troc of old out towards the theatre?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 07:34:13 PM »
You live in the middle of the ocean?

Offline Villanation

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »
You live in the middle of the ocean?

Not exactly, Scilly little place really  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal