collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NextGen - Marseille  (Read 56330 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
NextGen
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2012, 11:57:32 PM »
Pauline, we've signed a two-year deal to play in this. So, yes, we are definitely in it next year and hopefully we will be able to extend the deal and keep playing in it. There is talk of expanding it to 24 clubs and inviting Real and Manure, amongst others, too.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: NextGen - Marseille
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »
We should have cruised it tonight. Played much better than v Ajax buy very wasteful in front of goal. Gary G sleep walked most of the match and boys made some poor decisions at crucial times. Talking of poor decision the first offside was crazy. I sat in lower Trinity 4 seats from front right in line with the linesperson and there is mo way she was right and that's a pity. Straight after she got loads of vile abuse mostly gender orientated however I thought she was very good.

How old is Jack Grealish? This boy has  class sort of similar to Brian Little when he won the youth cup for us.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2012, 12:03:44 AM »
Pauline, we've signed a two-year deal to play in this. So, yes, we are definitely in it next year and hopefully we will be able to extend the deal and keep playing in it. There is talk of expanding it to 24 clubs and inviting Real and Manure, amongst others, too.

Jolly good.  You may well have told me some or all of this on Saturday but I got too cold to remember.

This could be our European away next season then.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2012, 12:39:38 AM »
I think this competition is great and long may it continue and long may our involvement with it continue.

Very unlucky tonight. Really could and should have won. Couple of dodgy decisions and some rather annoying playacting.
A bit of niggle too.

Oh well, the experience will be invaluable for these kids.
Nice to see Graham and Grealish get some time at the end. Those are two of the most highly rated youngsters.

I'm still of the opinion that Williams is the only real class act in the defence in this age group. We have the keepers, midfielders and strikers, I think the youth scouting set up should go after some top quality defenders of tomorrow. I mean, of course they would anyway but concentrate on getting them.

Anyway, despite the disappointment and injustice of the result, I'm proud of how we've played in this tournament. Well done Villa.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2012, 02:46:44 AM »
What I loved about tonight is that it goes to prove that we have the technical ability to live with some of the continental elite. Our passing and movement was superb, and on another night we'd have battered Marseille. They are a good team, and we got hit by two sucker punch goals having done almost all of the pressing throughout the evening.

Still, the young lads did us proud and it fills me with a lot of confidence that our academy is alive and well, and is still developing the future of our club.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2012, 08:00:39 AM »
Great game. The best team lost. Our disallowed goal was definitely onside. Terrible decision by the assistant referee. Marseille players should be ashamed of their play-acting.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2012, 08:03:22 AM »
V good performance only let down by bad finishing. Like the look of Carruthers and Johnson of course. Gutted how we lost that.

On the plus side was being felt up by a nice, excitable hot yankie bird for most of the game - was really looking forward to penalties!

Great fun standing with the Brigada firm.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2012, 08:35:34 AM »
V good performance only let down by bad finishing. Like the look of Carruthers and Johnson of course. Gutted how we lost that.

On the plus side was being felt up by a nice, excitable hot yankie bird for most of the game - was really looking forward to penalties!

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2012, 08:41:07 AM »

Gutted for the lads but excited by the future of he club.

She was hot!

Really enjoyed the section down there last night certainly paying for it voice wise this morning!

Should be a few pictures about later especially of the display for Janoi Donacien.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2012, 08:57:11 AM »
Eh? Rude person.

Peter it was drenching it down and as you know front seats in Trinity are open to  elements.

Offline nigel

« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »
Great game. The best team lost. Our disallowed goal was definitely onside. Terrible decision by the assistant referee. Marseille players should be ashamed of their play-acting.
On the offside goal: Although Drenan, the scorer I think, was onside, I'm sure Gardner was off, though. I think because the ball was played from Gardners side he was deemed to be interfering. It's one of those decisions that had it happened to the opposision we would have agreed with the decision.
I will say that I wasn't in line, but had a decent view, so I'll stand corrected if anyone had a better view
I thought the ref bottled it in extra time.
I would like to see a close up of Drenans challenge on their keeper, I was at the other end and it didn't look like he touched him

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2012, 11:02:35 AM »
The player who was coming back (Gardner?) was still being played onside by the defender wearing the gloves. The fella who actually took the pass must have been three yards onside. An atrocious decision.

I cant really moan about the ref, he let a lot of our more robust challenges go and he at least tried to hurry along the injury feigners.

Where was the usual keeper by the way? I dont wish to knock last nights lad but we really missed the assurance of the other fella.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2012, 11:16:08 AM »
I agree with the other guy - what a dozy bitch. It was never offside. If it was a bloke, I'd call him a dozy c***. Either way, the fucked it up.

If a male lino is a c***, shouldn't a female one be a prick?

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »

I was standing right behind you Percy and yes she was hot. I'm surprised that you didn't complain to the stewards about being sexually harrased.
Apart from the result, an enjoyable game and on another night we would have been out of sight midway through the second half.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2012, 11:57:10 AM »
I wasn't complaining, especially when she was shouting 'fuck me'. Ok, it was in that exasperated way we all say it when a chance goes astray, but I can dream.

I'm sure I had a chance with her, but my missus is hot too and I can't face another 18 years of maintenance.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:59:51 AM by PercyN'thehood »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal