collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NextGen - Marseille  (Read 56342 times)

Online Billy Walker

Re: NextGen - Marseille
« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2012, 11:03:59 PM »
I love our youth team and always thought we would get trounced by Ajax. Seeing us destroy Ajax is fantastic made me think they were perhaps a bit of a poor patch of Ajax players, but Ajax managed to beat Barca 3-0. Even though anybody can beat anybody on their day it speaks really highly of our guys to  beat a world class youth system like the Ajax lads. Hope we did enough to allow us to stay in next year.

Lads I think will make it at Villa:

Gardner, Grealish, Graham, Siegrist, Clark, Crowley

all look like they could be fantastic 'top top' players. If they can meet their potential.. but it seems like we've been saying this about our youth graduates for years. But even still these 6 are (or have been) all tipped to be great players. If they all made it, it would be fucking superb. Especially the four midfielders. Garnder has been linked to Madrid and Inter in the past. I know Arsenal fans have called Grealish one of the best academy players in the country and, him being a Utd fan, it wouldnt surprise me if Man U came in for Graham if he isnt tied down.

There's a lot of inferiority complex in this Shoody. 

Maybe, just maybe, we have a world class youth system?  Such things are achievable and Aston Villa are just as capable as any other club on the planet of producing top, top youngsters.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #256 on: March 15, 2012, 01:27:09 AM »
So we beat Ajax and they went on and beat Barca and Liverpool (6-0).
Now I know football does not work like that but there must be positive signs there.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2012, 08:51:05 PM »
Result of Semi:

Liverpool (who jammed their way to the semi by default) 0

Ajax 6

;D

Get in there Ajax!

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2012, 10:31:37 AM »
Arsenal and Chelsea are in it next season.Is it being extended or are teams dropping out?

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2012, 10:34:13 AM »
Arsenal and Chelsea are in it next season.Is it being extended or are teams dropping out?

Extended. Well the quote I read said Arsenal and Chelsea are being "added" to last years entrants.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2012, 06:39:23 PM »

Extended. Well the quote I read said Arsenal and Chelsea are being "added" to last years entrants.

According to several people working at the club, they are making cuts around the ground so I wouldn't surprise me if we pulled out. After all it costs a lot to send the kids to several matches around Europe without any real payback. (In monetary ways, the experience could be priceless.)

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2012, 06:52:04 PM »
I very much doubt it.

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #262 on: April 20, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »
I doubt it too, the club have said that youth is one of their priorities and the costs are small beer compared to first team players wages/transfer fees.  PSG and Olympiakos are also joining in next year, they're expanding from 16 to 24 clubs.

NextGen

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #263 on: April 20, 2012, 06:56:16 PM »
I'm not saying we are pulling out, just that it wouldn't surprise me if we did due to austerity cuts around the club.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2012, 08:50:38 AM »
Were not pulling out. Cuts are just being practical.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal