collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Swansea City Post-Match Thread  (Read 84428 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Aston Villa v Swansea City Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 05:01:29 PM »
If you are a Villa season ticket holder you are being mugged. In fact you have been for a couple of years - MON's last season was like watching paint dry at home, last year was poor with the odd memorable game at VP, this season takes the biscuit. Fucking shameful.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 05:01:46 PM »

Footlong shit sub, with shit sauce.

Shit, shit, shit.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 05:02:13 PM »
Randy needs to realise that eventually people will stop paying to watch this shite. I have, but im lucky enough to not have been able to buy  a season ticket this year. Im sure there will be alot saying fuck it after the last 4 games

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
Oh dear. That's a shocker, to be honest. Even a draw would probably have kept a bit of Saturday's positive spirit going, but to lose (and badly, I think) is a real kick in the balls.

Four straight home defeats is difficult to defend, regardless of who those teams were. A shame, but after Saturday's top drawer performance, the pressure is right back on McLeish, and on the team.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 05:02:58 PM »
Sell Bent? Nonsense.

Start creating some chances for him and we might avoid any repeat of this type of performance this season. We must have had 70% of the possession after we went 2-0 and did sod all with it. Not one decent chance until the 96th minute

It's a point, but to create proper chances we need every contributing, we can't just have 9 outfield players and one glory-taking passenger. Modern football doesn't allow it.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
Well done to Swansea. Brendan Rodgers has shown that not having much money does not mean that you can't play proper football, and has given a lie to the idea that, just because you can't compete at the top, doesn't mean you can't play the game in the 'right' way.

Agreed Monts.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 05:03:45 PM »
Normally you can pull out a couple of positives in defeat. Today you can't from really any player or part of the game. Let's hope this is just a massive let down or just one of those days, and that we can find a way of pulling ourselves up from this. We don't half make it hard on ourselves.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 05:04:26 PM »
What Monty and Matt Collins said.

We were simply outplayed by a highly disciplined and fresh legged Swansea team.

Bent?

The defence. Where do you start?

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 05:04:46 PM »
Coincidence that our performances have been better with Bent out the side and as soon as he comes back we revert to type?

Yes, god knows what powers he has over Warnock to make him have that performance after he played so well against Chelsea.

We had over 90 mins (inc injury time) to pull it back if we had put the performance in.

We probably did, but all I read on here was Warnock being skinned time and time again. If he hadn't made the mistake then and with another one being made straight after half time we might have got something. But all that happened is they could do to us exactly what we did to Chelski.

But I did wonder the affect of Bent coming back into the Team and for who.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 05:06:03 PM »
Our home performances on the whole have been utterly atrocious. I do wonder whether we actually train for any attacking set pieces, not one of our 14/15 corners look threatening.

Offline ez

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 05:07:03 PM »
That was devastating. Just when there was hope that we had turned the corner. Back to normality.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2012, 05:07:41 PM »
I've been very supportive of him but Clark was really poor today, possibly due to tiredness. Gardner should have come on.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »
Our home performances on the whole have been utterly atrocious. I do wonder whether we actually train for any attacking set pieces, not one of our 14/15 corners look threatening.

We've been shit since Laursen left. Having Laursen and Carew combined with deadly deliveries from Ash and Barry made us incredibly dangerous.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »
Coincidence that our performances have been better with Bent out the side and as soon as he comes back we revert to type?

Yes, god knows what powers he has over Warnock to make him have that performance after he played so well against Chelsea.

We had over 90 mins (inc injury time) to pull it back if we had put the performance in.

We probably did, but all I read on here was Warnock being skinned time and time again. If he hadn't made the mistake then and with another one being made straight after half time we might have got something. But all that happened is they could do to us exactly what we did to Chelski.

But I did wonder the affect of Bent coming back into the Team and for who.

Maybe it was coincidence, maybe it was just team tiredness from the weekend, who knows, but it was just something I threw out there as a thought.

Like you I did wonder whether changing things to fit Bent in would have any effect.

Offline goldenjimi

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2012, 05:09:56 PM »
I think the biggest mistake was not freshening the team up, alot of effort went into the Chelsea game and you could see that today.  Warnock's nightmare game didnt help either, putting us on the back foot so early in the game.  Bloody annoying, but typical Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal