collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Swansea City Post-Match Thread  (Read 84429 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Aston Villa v Swansea City Post-Match Thread
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2012, 04:39:33 PM »
CNZ 3/10 - rubbish! The Real Passenger

MAybe I was watching a different game to you.  I thought he & Dunne were the two players to emerge with credit.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »
Yes of course it would have been 0-0  if they didn't score at all and the game had carried on exactly the same. But I'm trying to say is that if we hadn't had duffed em the first goal we would have won. Comfortably as well.
I am not sure we would have one, but we would not have been so easy to beat, Warnock game them the game.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #347 on: January 03, 2012, 04:50:11 PM »

MAybe I was watching a different game to you.  I thought he & Dunne were the two players to emerge with credit.

You're not alone, I thought Charlie finally started to show signs of why we bought him. I love the way he can receive and pass a ball when closely surrounded by opposition players. He's not an out and out winger, what he does is receive it out wide and bring it in, linking up superbly with Ireland.

A month ago I'd have sold them both; now I don't know what we'd do without them. A goal would probably help N'Zogbia no end but credit to the lad he's kept at it and we are starting to see the rewards.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #348 on: January 03, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »

I have to agree.  Certainly in the first half as far as N'Zog is concerned.  He also had our two best chances in the 2nd.  One a weak header when he might have done better with and the other that hit the bar at the end. 

He also got in a great cross first half which Gabby should have at least hit the target with.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #349 on: January 03, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »
He's not an out and out winger, what he does is receive it out wide and bring it in, linking up superbly with Ireland.

This is true.

Maybe the way forward for us is to give him a free role behind Bent and use Gabby and Marc wide? 

Offline Merv

« Reply #350 on: January 03, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »
I like the shape we had v Arsenal and Chelsea - Albrighton and N'Zog wide, both looking comfortable in that role. Then I think it's a straight choice between two central midfield players (Petrov and Clark currently) and Gabby and Bent up front, or three midfield players (P, C and Ireland currently) with one centre-forward, Gabby or Bent. Depending on availability, fitness and opposition.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #351 on: January 03, 2012, 05:11:51 PM »
Im still trying to figure out why Guzan kept running backwards when the ball was passed to him!  :o

He should have run towards it and do what we do best HOOF it!
Because on 2 or 3 occasions the pass back was too hard, others it's to give himself
time.
Interesting that you say "Hoof it" though

I say hoof it as thats what I have witnessed for large parts of the season.  When put under pressure, the goalie should be hoofing it to clear his lines.  no point in trying to control it and then fannying about with it especially when a striker is charging at you.

Have you noticed how goalkeepers in general are dodgy with kicking away a back pass?
This has been particularly noticeable since they were penalised for picking the ball up. If the keeper doesn't control it then he could slice it anywhere, to more derision from the crowd.

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #352 on: January 03, 2012, 06:32:36 PM »
Quote from: rob_bridge link=topic=45704.msg1942784#msg1942784
date=1325533843

I completely disagree 1/10 for me. No idea where to stand with or without the ball, got swapped with Gabby at half time because he was no support to Warnock, then we concede down that side. Could not take a free kick or corner and should have gone off instead of Ireland. Other than that he had a great game.

I have to agree.  Certainly in the first half as far as N'Zog is concerned.  He also had our two best chances in the 2nd.  One a weak header when he might have done better with and the other that hit the bar at the end. 

He also got in a great cross first half which Gabby should have at least hit the target with.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #353 on: January 03, 2012, 07:51:50 PM »
Let's be honest, Jon, their goalie was a considerably better footballer than our defenders.

Offline VILLAZONE

« Reply #354 on: January 03, 2012, 10:44:36 PM »
ABSOLUTE FUCKIN RUBBISH

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal