collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by danno
[Today at 02:29:36 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 02:15:30 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Ollie Watkins by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:57:32 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:53:30 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Diego Carlos by OCD
[Today at 01:21:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by danno
[Today at 02:29:36 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by The Edge
[Today at 02:29:16 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:28:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by papa lazarou
[Today at 02:25:58 PM]

[Today at 02:23:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 02:17:15 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 02:15:30 PM]

[Today at 02:14:59 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa being discussed at length on Talksport right now  (Read 55632 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Villa being discussed at length on Talksport right now
« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
Don't we all see things from a C&B-tinted perspective? They're our club. We all want the best for our club. Don't we?

Yeah but tbh things are getting so bad on the pitch that if I wasn't a fan of this great club and they were playing at the bottom of the garden, those curtains and blinds would be drawn without question.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2011, 02:01:41 PM »
In fairness, Chris didn't think that two and a half years was really enough time to judge a manager.  *winky*
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:42:06 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline Iago

« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2011, 02:15:34 PM »
Whether you like it or not he did appoint him, so I'm talking about the here and now. If another club were sitting in mid table after selling their best players and after a third if the season fans were calling fir the manager to be sacked we'd be taking the piss out of them for acting like spoilt brats.
Wake up. The football and atmosphere at present is fucking dire under AM and it will not get any better under him. He never had the fan support and never will, see Gary Megson at Bolton. Everything at the club is weak.

AM had adequate funds to bring players in, he has had some flexibility on his budget to sign players. There is no reason for his boring and thuggish style of football here.

I can assure you once AM leaves, I will have no interest in him or his career.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
I'm having do much fun lately, annoying the Stalinists who cannot tolerate any other viewpoint. I imagine Iago and Compass walking home from school together planning new ways to say the same thing and then screaming at their PCs because they can't force me to change my mind.

Offline Iago

« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »
I'm having do much fun lately, annoying the Stalinists who cannot tolerate any other viewpoint.
Thanks for informing us of your agenda on this forum, which is primarily to annoy other members on a forum for fun. Great, I am going to take your viewpoint much more credibly in the future.

I can tolerate a different viewpoint and I respect you for having a different opinion. That is healthy in a debate, good, I welcome it. Will I contest your view? Yes.

I imagine Iago and Compass walking home from school together planning new ways to say the same thing and then screaming at their PCs because they can't force me to change my mind.
Why do you have to make it personal and demeaning? I do not know Compass, and my point of view is formed by myself not influenced by anybody else.

I do not want you to change your mind or be influenced by my thoughts. But maybe you have that goal? I do not know your intentions.

You can keep your emotionally detached opinion on the club, I am done debating with you, you offer nothing to the debate.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:30:46 PM by Iago »

Offline Compass

« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2011, 04:44:19 PM »
Apparently, challenging an opinion means we can't tolerate another opinion. ::) It can be tolerated, but it's illogical and it will be challenged.

He must get some thrill out of it when he tries to cause another stir. I won't waste any more time giving him the satisfaction. He'll have to find his 'fun' somewhere else.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2011, 04:45:34 PM »
I can tolerate a different viewpoint and I respect you for having a different opinion. That is healthy in a debate, good, I welcome it. Will I contest your view? Yes.

Fine words but clearly untrue. If it were the case you' reply "I can see your point but..." not "wake up". For some reason it seems to really bother you that i don't agree with you.

Annoying you isn't my only concern, it's just a happy by-product.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2011, 04:48:50 PM »
Apparently, challenging an opinion means we can't tolerate another opinion. ::) It can be tolerated, but it's illogical and it will be challenged.

He must get some thrill out of it when he tries to cause another stir. I won't waste any more time giving him the satisfaction. He'll have to find his 'fun' somewhere else.

Spoil sport, although how will you cope without having the heretic to condemn? Your post count will dwindle to zero.

Offline Compass

« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
At least I'll be watching matches and commenting them after. Unlike your laughable verdict of games you haven't seen *cough* Spurs *cough*

I'm beginning to think you haven't watch us play at all and just take all the positives from the highlights. Would explain it.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2011, 05:08:05 PM »
I kinda wish I hadn't bothered reading all that.  It was like reading a book expecting a plot twist but nothing came.

One conclusion I have come to is that the "next guy" will be landing a pretty decent job.  Houllier was cursed for NOT being MON and therefore alienated half the crowd.  Whereas McLeish seems cursed for NOT being Houllier (rev 2.0) and admittedly his dubious "Blues" tactics.

I would imagine that the next manager will be overwhelmed by the support of the masses that there will finally be a bit of a feel good factor about the place.  Not to mention the high earner's contracts expiring and a group of possibly decent youngsters to introduce into the team.

It's possibly harsh on McLeish as Chris is right, he hasn't been given enough time, but I want a change just so we have some HOPE again rather the current situation where the club and fans are pulling in different directions.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:02:10 PM by Dante Lavelli »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2011, 05:17:09 PM »
Would the people saying change the manager because things will continue to get worse rather than better be the people who wanted Houllier out after Wolves because we were definately going down under him? Then after a late rally that he wasn't totally involved in they wanted to give him a chance. Now it's a tragedy he wasn't able to continue. Houllier was the wrong choice, then he wasn't able to continue (although from his Times interview RL was getting rid of him anyway), then we made another bad choice. But I really think after the weakening of the side and the turmoil of the last year or so we should give AM this season at least before hanging him.

Offline Iago

« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »

Fine words but clearly untrue. If it were the case you' reply "I can see your point but..." not "wake up". For some reason it seems to really bother you that i don't agree with you.

;D That whole post made me chuckle, comedian.  My "wake up" was accompanied by my reasoning. You have missed the point, not for the first time I may add. I respect everybody's right to form an opinion, but I will not leave it unchallenged. And why should I present my argument to your standards? If I want to start my rebuttal with "wake up" or  whatever, I can do so. Remember it is not personal.

I admit, it does bother me when you label posters as "Stalinists" and look to demean others in various ways. It is quite sad, I pity you really.

I have given you too much credit in the past, that will not happen again in the future. Bye. Good luck irritating and personally belittling others who share a different view. Continue to humour me.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
At least I'll be watching matches and commenting them after. Unlike your laughable verdict of games you haven't seen *cough* Spurs *cough*

I'm beginning to think you haven't watch us play at all and just take all the positives from the highlights. Would explain it.

Season ticket holder, unlike you I put my money where my mouth is.

Offline Iago

« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2011, 05:27:19 PM »

I thought he was serious with his opinion, and I gave him respect by trading views. I am done with him. He can have the pleasure of irritating somebody else.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2011, 05:28:55 PM »

;D That whole post made me chuckle, comedian.  My "wake up" was accompanied by my reasoning. You have missed the point, not for the first time I may add. I respect everybody's right to form an opinion, but I will not leave it unchallenged. And why should I present my argument to your standards? If I want to start my rebuttal with "wake up" or  whatever, I can do so. Remember it is not personal.

I admit, it does bother me when you label posters as "Stalinists" and look to demean others in various ways. It is quite sad, I pity you really.

I have given you too much credit in the past, that will not happen again in the future. Bye. Good luck irritating and personally belittling others who share a different view. Continue to humour me.

You're just babbling now, you don't mean any of that you're just using all the Internet put downs you've ever read and stringing them together.

Funny how you and you and Compass weren't going to bother answering but neither lasted more than 10 minutes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal