collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa being discussed at length on Talksport right now  (Read 55708 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Villa being discussed in length on Talksport right now
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2011, 10:28:20 PM »
Compass, slow down a bit you'll give yourself a heart attack.

However, as I have said, I don't think 14 games is enough to judge a manager on .

But 7 games was enough to judge Jean Makoun though?

Not only is seven games enough to judge Makoun, it is seemingly enough for a club with not a pot to piss in, and a problem in midfield to do it.

Madness.

Offline Compass

« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2011, 10:32:13 PM »
Why did we send Makoun and Gardner on loan anyway? They were immense at Hong Kong when they came on against Chelsea. So pointless when we're really lacking in that area.

And before someone says sending Gardner on loan will help him. You do realise being in a losing team won't help him that much?

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2011, 10:35:29 PM »
Compass, really, I agree with you by and large, but you mentioned how Villa fans shouldn't 'turn on their own' when people were personally criticising you. I urge you to refrain from doing the same.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2011, 10:35:32 PM »
Don't we all see things from a C&B-tinted perspective? They're our club. We all want the best for our club. Don't we?

What I mean from a Claret & Blue perspective is everything is fine and dandy in the club. It's not though, not really. There's just too many issues under the manager.

Yes, I want the best for our club, but it's evident to the vast majority that AM remaining at the helm isn't the best for the club. Maybe the minority will turn if we lose against Bolton or when we'll get relegated. Hell, they might still back him in the fucking Championship because they think that low of us.

It's not evident to the only person that matters though, you can have as many little tantrums as you like but Randy Lerner has appointed him and, like any sensible person, will not be panicking just yet.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2011, 10:37:05 PM »
it'd be good - at the second time of asking tonight - of the personal digs and squabbling could stop.

There's enough to moan about without resorting to personal digs and vendettas to pass the time, so, please, again, can we knock it on the head?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2011, 10:47:31 PM »
Why did we send Makoun and Gardner on loan anyway? They were immense at Hong Kong when they came on against Chelsea. So pointless when we're really lacking in that area.

And before someone says sending Gardner on loan will help him. You do realise being in a losing team won't help him that much?

It will though in a way, he'll appreciate what he's got when he comes back and hopefully make him even more determined to succeed with us.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2011, 11:57:56 AM »
I haven't read the whole thread but the title is frustrating me.

Villa being discussed AT length on Talksport......

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2011, 12:06:13 PM »
Don't we all see things from a C&B-tinted perspective? They're our club. We all want the best for our club. Don't we?

What I mean from a Claret & Blue perspective is everything is fine and dandy in the club. It's not though, not really. There's just too many issues under the manager.

Yes, I want the best for our club, but it's evident to the vast majority that AM remaining at the helm isn't the best for the club. Maybe the minority will turn if we lose against Bolton or when we'll get relegated. Hell, they might still back him in the fucking Championship because they think that low of us.

It's not evident to the only person that matters though, you can have as many little tantrums as you like but Randy Lerner has appointed him and, like any sensible person, will not be panicking just yet.

A sensible owner wouldn't have appointed McLeish in the first place.

Online Chris Smith

Re: Villa being discussed at length on Talksport right now
« Reply #203 on: December 08, 2011, 12:43:10 PM »
How bad must the owners and managers of the clubs below us in the league be if ours are apparently so useless?

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #204 on: December 08, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »
How bad must the owners and managers of the clubs below us in the league be if ours are apparently so useless?

How many of those clubs can afford to give out the sort of contract that the likes of N'Zogbia have at Villa Park? It's horses for courses.We don't expect to be up there with City but likewise given the means at our disposal we shouldn't be in and amongst the likes of WBA and QPR

Offline Iago

« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2011, 01:11:44 PM »
I would not have called Randy a "sensible" person when he appointed AM in June. I believe Randy should be listening to the supporters concerns, because that would be a sensible act in the long term future.

These tantrums, as you call them Chris, are continuing to grow around the place. They are expressions of care and passion from fans, and if they are not heard we will lose them like any other business and suffer the financial consequences.

I could argue that sacking McLeish would be a sensible and rational decision. Could you do the same for appointing him in June?

Things need to change at the club for the better.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2011, 01:23:56 PM »

However, as I have said, I don't think 14 games is enough to judge a manager on .

Not only is seven games enough to judge Makoun, it is seemingly enough for a club with not a pot to piss in, and a problem in midfield to do it.

Madness.

Exactly, ditching Makoun like we have given the 'chance' he had is an absolute joke.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2011, 01:50:17 PM »

Do you have to be such a huge drama llama?

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2011, 01:56:45 PM »
Whether you like it or not he did appoint him, so I'm talking about the here and now. If another club were sitting in mid table after selling their best players and after a third if the season fans were calling fir the manager to be sacked we'd be taking the piss out of them for acting like spoilt brats.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2011, 01:58:43 PM »

Players and managers are completely different, it's not a like for like comparison. With every other manager we've had people have said that you need to wait until he has his own players to properly judge him but for some reason that doesn't apply this time.

Makoun isn't a bad player but I just couldn't see how he could fit in. What sort of midfield pairing would suit his style?

In answer to your over aggressive question, I don't think we'll be in a relegation battle, I've seen plenty of worse sides than us this season, that's why there are so many  of them below us in the table. However, as I have said, I don't think 14 games is enough to judge a manager on I'm not really going to be able to answer it, am I.

Most people had sussed out O'dreary by Doncaster Gate in November of his final season, you kept on saying you'd give your verdict at the end which basically came out as a wishy washy yeah he should probably go but he's working under Ellis, who could we get that's any better etc. so I presume we'll get the same on this occasion?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal