collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Take Back The Game  (Read 22613 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Take Back The Game
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »
I always got the impression that Man U fans were quite happy with the unlevel playing field .Saying that I don't think I know a single Man U fan that comes from Manchester

Well, you don't live in Manchester so that's hardly surprising.  I used to work with loads of them in Manchester.  Of course they've got country and worldwide support, but if you think that most of Manchester doesn't support a team in its own city* that is so successful you're way off.

* Yes I know that Old Trafford is actually in Trafford.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2011, 10:38:56 AM »
I always got the impression that Man U fans were quite happy with the unlevel playing field .Saying that I don't think I know a single Man U fan that comes from Manchester

Well, you don't live in Manchester so that's hardly surprising.  I used to work with loads of them in Manchester.  Of course they've got country and worldwide support, but if you think that most of Manchester doesn't support a team in its own city* that is so successful you're way off.

* Yes I know that Old Trafford is actually in Trafford.

I know that but my argument is is it's not really an appropriate game as Man U do not suffer with modern football as they can practically buy who they want and win bloody everything.Aston Villa v Everton would be a more appropriate game in my view

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 10:43:55 AM »
I'd like to see 'Scudamore Out' banners at every PL ground. Easy to set up, direct and personal, attack the man at the top who is more responsible than anybody for what is wrong with the game today.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2011, 03:01:49 PM »
I'd like to see 'Scudamore Out' banners at every PL ground. Easy to set up, direct and personal, attack the man at the top who is more responsible than anybody for what is wrong with the game today.
I think the Bosman ruling has done as much harm to the game as Sky.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2011, 06:29:31 PM »
Silence is a hard thing to pull off without a lot of publicity. Just like a few people booing can sound like half the crowd, any partial participation in a "silence" will just sound like crap support. It has to be full participation or nothing (which is why I'm still a "maybe" on the fb invites)

This will take a lot more hard work to pull off than simply starting a facebook group. We seriously need stuff like flyers, and people giving them out before the game. For a "silence" to feel like fun rather than torture, people need to interact with it. Having something to hold up is probably better than asking people to turn their backs, because (other than Man City supporters) people generally like to see the game!

I also believe that Man U fans will be up for this, but someone will have to tell them!!!

There are 3 weeks - does anyone have any ideas for raising the profile of this? Or for a symbol or short phrase that could go on a flyer to be held up, or suggested for banners?

We got the official site to push the "bring a flag/scarf" thing but I doubt they'll go with us on this one!

I am trying to think of stuff myself, but feel short of inspiration. I'm hoping someone else might be feeling creative and could make this actually fly.

Online nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2011, 08:48:39 PM »
We could all dress up as Marcel Marceau and even if we do score we could just mime the celebration. 

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2011, 08:50:28 PM »
A Sky Sports logo in a sign like a no entry one?

Offline amfy

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2011, 09:06:15 PM »
We could all dress up as Marcel Marceau and even if we do score we could just mime the celebration. 
Love this!

Offline amfy

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2011, 09:09:26 PM »
A Sky Sports logo in a sign like a no entry one?
....but this could actually work - in a no entry sign or maybe on a red card?

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2011, 09:16:48 PM »
So you're protesting against modern football and ticket prices yet you'll be sat in the ground watching modern football having paid up to £47 for a ticket? Good one. Want to protest? Stay away. Even rocking up ten minutes into the game would be better and the first ten minutes played out in front of an empty stadium on Sky.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2011, 09:20:14 PM »
Could always do what the Lazio (I think) fans did a couple of seasons ago and not enter the ground until 20 minutes of the game has been played. I saw it on TV and it was quite eerie.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »
A silent, backs to the pitch response, would be the ideal protest.

Agreed.

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2011, 09:42:02 PM »
Could always do what the Lazio (I think) fans did a couple of seasons ago and not enter the ground until 20 minutes of the game has been played. I saw it on TV and it was quite eerie.
That would be slightly better than this silly idea. 'We've got Sky subscriptions and we've paid up to £47 to sit here but we're going to be silent for five minutes so ner ner ner ner'. I bet Sky and Chairmen are shitting themselves. Surely you can see the irony of protesting against modern football and then sitting in a ground watching modern football for £40 a throw? The only way to lower ticket prices is to stay away, if the ground is half empty the prices would soon drop. Staying silent for five minutes won't lower prices because you've still paid for a ticket.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal