collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: McLeish on Heskey  (Read 8874 times)

Online nigel

Re: McLeish on Heskey
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »
Putting him in midfield is accommodating him.  I'd prefer to see Bannan there to start with as he would give us much more creativity.  If he's carrying an injury put him on the bench and give him 20 mins at the end if we need strength to shore up a midfield or strength to the attack if we're chasing a game.
I think Bannans a great player, but, he couldn't have done what EH did on Saturday.

Online nigel

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 11:23:34 AM »
Will never understand why he automatically becomes the manager's golden boy. He doesn't score, create chances or assists, he can't tackle, pass, has no pace. Really i'm struggling to see anything there. Guess you have to be a manager.
Guess you have to know something about football too!!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 11:25:38 AM »
BOXING??

Ivanhoe's nickname at Thieverpool was "Bruno".

I think he was named after the boxer as the homosexual Austrian fashion show host had yet to hit the big time.

Online nigel

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »
I think that if you were to forget the fact that he's Emile Heskey you'd think he shows a fair bit of promise in the midfield role.
Think you're right Withey.
Just like if it had been any other manager, or if he'd come from any other club, there wouldn't be half as many moans. It would be a case of 'Let him get on with it so he can sort out his best line up' I think it's coming together now as players are begining to gel together. It's not the finished article, but, it's getting there.

Offline willywombat

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 11:32:18 AM »
I think that if you were to forget the fact that he's Emile Heskey you'd think he shows a fair bit of promise in the midfield role.

Bloody oath! I watched the game with a mate who's doesn't have a great deal of interest in watching the English game despite playing at a pretty good standard here in South Australia and he thought Heskey was excellent.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
Like I said see what heskey is like when we play Spuds against a highly mobile quick midfield.

Fuck me a half decent game against Norwich and all of a sudden he's Bobby Charlton

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 12:49:26 PM »
Will never understand why he automatically becomes the manager's golden boy. He doesn't score, create chances or assists, he can't tackle, pass, has no pace. Really i'm struggling to see anything there. Guess you have to be a manager.

I asked a few behind the scenes at VP and the main reason is that he follows the managers instructions to the letter  - you would be suprised how many dont!!

IN the cup game against Bolton Mc and the coaches were screaming at the Fonz to do certain things - he did not carry them out - he has not had a start since and only made the bench a few times
I think if you know as a manager you will get it in the neck for results then the very least you want is for the players to stick to your game plans - Heskey does this that is why either club or internationally he was always a favourite

Offline gerags

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 01:00:51 PM »

I asked a few behind the scenes at VP and the main reason is that he follows the managers instructions to the letter  - you would be suprised how many dont!!

IN the cup game against Bolton Mc and the coaches were screaming at the Fonz to do certain things - he did not carry them out - he has not had a start since and only made the bench a few times
I think if you know as a manager you will get it in the neck for results then the very least you want is for the players to stick to your game plans - Heskey does this that is why either club or internationally he was always a favourite

As a manager you can't ask any more than that from your players.

In this day and age when the majority of players think they're better than the club, manager and the fans and beyond reproach for their actions it's refreshing to see a player willing to do what's asked of him.

Even if it is Heskey.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 01:48:16 PM »

In this day and age when the majority of players think they're better than the club, manager and the fans and beyond reproach for their actions it's refreshing to see a player willing to do what's asked of him.

Even if it is Heskey.

Ah bless he does as he's told.  Makes up for the fact he cannot tackle, score, pass etc..   I've heard it all now.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »
I'm not a Heskey hater, but I'll be so glad when he finally leaves the club and we are done discussing him to death.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »
You saying Greg knows nothing about football Nigel?

Online nigel

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 01:56:54 PM »

Even if it is Heskey.

Ah bless he does as he's told.  Makes up for the fact he cannot tackle, score, pass etc..   I've heard it all now.
I think you should look beyond your, obvious, dislike of Heskey, Greg.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 02:03:34 PM »

Even if it is Heskey.

On MOTD after they had shown the highlights they did an analysis of our attacking threat. They showed 5 examples, most of them involved Heskey and 1 led to a goal and another was the Bent miss. But you're right, he can't pass blah de fucking blah.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:20:34 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Online nigel

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »
You saying Greg knows nothing about football Nigel?
To me? It would appear so, Phil.
I suppose now you're going to tell now 'Greg' is an assumed name for some top drawer manager :-)

Offline TonyD

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 02:10:09 PM »

Even if it is Heskey.

I think you should look beyond your, obvious, dislike of Heskey, Greg.
Nothing personal about the guy but I see his place in the team as extremely damaging and is preventing any long term progression.   So you can see why it bothers me and will continue do so until he stops playing for us.  I don't know a single fan who knows why he is in the team when we have other options.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal