collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?  (Read 256380 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?
« Reply #510 on: June 19, 2019, 07:33:53 AM »
Yes I have Corden filed under C, for Complete Cxxxx

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #511 on: June 19, 2019, 09:49:34 AM »
Good old Tom...spotting us on the football scores on a June day and possibly confusing the FA Cup and Play-Off Final aside, good PR. Does he know his pic and quote are on one of the Witton Lane window-dressings?

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #512 on: June 19, 2019, 10:22:16 AM »
Good old Tom...spotting us on the football scores on a June day and possibly confusing the FA Cup and Play-Off Final aside, good PR. Does he know his pic and quote are on one of the Witton Lane window-dressings?

Not at all. He posted the badge on the day of the final on his IG account, and he'd mentioned The Cup for next year at the Soccer Aid game the other day. He holds the same dream as the rest of us.

Offline villabear

« Reply #513 on: June 19, 2019, 05:14:04 PM »
Tom Hanks was talking about us on the Late Late Show with James Corden tonight.  He was honest about why he ‘follows’ Villa but rather us than anyone else. At least he is confident we’ll be winning the FA cup next year 😉

Gillian Anderson didn't look impressed about the Villa 'soccer' chat. She must be a nose.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #514 on: June 19, 2019, 08:27:49 PM »
Surely we can tempt him to a game next season, he's in England enough promoting films.

Bring Lorna back if needs be.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #515 on: June 19, 2019, 10:47:42 PM »
Tom Hanks was talking about us on the Late Late Show with James Corden tonight.  He was honest about why he ‘follows’ Villa but rather us than anyone else. At least he is confident we’ll be winning the FA cup next year 😉

Gillian Anderson didn't look impressed about the Villa 'soccer' chat. She must be a nose.

She's as nutty as they come. Up her own arse and changes her accent depending on who she is talking to.  Fucking fruit loop.  Although, also quite sexy.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #516 on: June 20, 2019, 12:07:18 AM »
I can just see Gillian Anderson giving it the big SOTV whist standing on the Tilton.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #517 on: June 20, 2019, 12:19:12 AM »
Even though he didn't say it?

As for Cameron, he probably follows us due to the family connections but never claims to be a die hard fan.

If Cameron 'follows us' the least I'd expect is that he can remember our name. If he's been to Villa Park or Wembley as a cosseted guest of some corporate wanker because he once lied in the press about supporting Villa, that does not make him a fan. He might have trotted our name out because he has some tenuous family link to someone who supported Villa but that does not make him a fan. If anyone can show me a photo of him in the Hole End, arms aloft as Alan Hutton scored, I might change my mind.

Cameron is a wanker but tenuous family link to someone who supported us is pushing things a bit far.

Offline villabear

« Reply #518 on: June 20, 2019, 05:54:42 AM »

She's as nutty as they come. Up her own arse and changes her accent depending on who she is talking to.  Fucking fruit loop.  Although, also quite sexy.

I saw her play Blanche DuBois in Streetcar named Desire at the Young Vic. Her performance was amazing. Also I can vouch for her being sexy.

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #519 on: June 20, 2019, 07:23:42 AM »

As for Cameron, he probably follows us due to the family connections but never claims to be a die hard fan.

If Cameron 'follows us' the least I'd expect is that he can remember our name. If he's been to Villa Park or Wembley as a cosseted guest of some corporate wanker because he once lied in the press about supporting Villa, that does not make him a fan. He might have trotted our name out because he has some tenuous family link to someone who supported Villa but that does not make him a fan. If anyone can show me a photo of him in the Hole End, arms aloft as Alan Hutton scored, I might change my mind.

Cameron is a wanker but tenuous family link to someone who supported us is pushing things a bit far.

It’s not a tenuous family link, our former chairman Sir William Dugdale was his uncle. However I doubt that West Ham Dave has ever set foot in Villa Park, the spineless wanker.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #520 on: June 20, 2019, 09:54:50 AM »

It’s not a tenuous family link, our former chairman Sir William Dugdale was his uncle. However I doubt that West Ham Dave has ever set foot in Villa Park, the spineless wanker.

It was the Dugdale bit I was challenging, not that fat faced Etonian tosser.

Offline mike

« Reply #521 on: June 20, 2019, 10:09:54 AM »

It was the Dugdale bit I was challenging, not that fat faced Etonian tosser.

Yep, I didn't know about that bit but everything else stands and I can rant even more if you like about him leading us to appointing a racist, amoral serial liar and chancer to be our prime minister, perpetuating and entrenching the idea that birth into the elite buys you entitlement. If someone steals your possessions for their own benefit, they are a criminal. If someone bankrupts large swathes of the country by peddling lies to further their own agenda they are rewarded.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #523 on: August 06, 2019, 10:32:32 AM »

He was considering coming to VP once, but bottled it and let everyone else decide.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #524 on: August 06, 2019, 11:29:14 PM »
Saying all of the above we do have the ultimate- William

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal