collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?  (Read 261270 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?
« Reply #450 on: April 30, 2019, 03:29:50 PM »
you mean Dave whatshisfacemillionfilms? I like him too but all his movies are crap.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #451 on: April 30, 2019, 03:57:53 PM »
oh I dunno his portrayal of Arthur Webley in Hot Fuzz has been heralded as a masterpiece.

SEA MINE !!!

UTV
The Doc
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 04:01:03 PM by Dr Butler »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #452 on: April 30, 2019, 04:01:10 PM »
Cold War Steve is apparently a villa fan. Refused to sign his book SOTV for a blues fan who moaned about it on Twitter.

Why would the request even come into the head of a normal person?

It didn't. It came into the head of a bluenose.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #453 on: April 30, 2019, 04:03:27 PM »
no as far as I can tell, Dave never force fed Samantha crack cocaine and heroin. Let's keep politics out of it.

Are we going to have a vote who is the most likeable celebrity fan? The guy who helped his girlfriend become a junkie or the one who stuck his dick in a pigs mouth. Or Tom Hanks who only likes us because we have "a cute name".

Jim Bains has already won it mate
Brendan Gleeson is one of us, (Gleeson is a fan of English football club Aston Villa, as is his son Domhnall) - He gets my vote.

Closely followed by his son Domhnall, (He described the team's FA Cup semifinal win over Liverpool at Wembley Stadium in 2015, as one of the "great days of my life.)

I believe Brendan O'Carroll aka Mrs Brown is also a Villa fan.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #454 on: April 30, 2019, 06:47:37 PM »
no as far as I can tell, Dave never force fed Samantha crack cocaine and heroin. Let's keep politics out of it.

Are we going to have a vote who is the most likeable celebrity fan? The guy who helped his girlfriend become a junkie or the one who stuck his dick in a pigs mouth. Or Tom Hanks who only likes us because we have "a cute name".

Jim Bains has already won it mate
Brendan Gleeson is one of us, (Gleeson is a fan of English football club Aston Villa, as is his son Domhnall) - He gets my vote.

Closely followed by his son Domhnall, (He described the team's FA Cup semifinal win over Liverpool at Wembley Stadium in 2015, as one of the "great days of my life.)

I believe Brendan O'Carroll aka Mrs Brown is also a Villa fan.

Oh Damo, that's ruined everything for me.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #455 on: May 01, 2019, 09:05:57 AM »
But Mrs Doyle is a Villain so don’t feel so bad

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #456 on: May 11, 2019, 11:53:27 PM »
Saracens, England and B&I Lions hooker Jamie George is a Villa fan according to the rugby commentary today.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #457 on: May 12, 2019, 12:08:09 AM »
Spizz Energi, Ben Zephaniah, Tom Hanks for me (I don’t mind Hanks isn’t a real fan, he’s a good egg.)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #458 on: May 15, 2019, 12:00:27 AM »
Good to see respected historian and classics scholar Tom Holland showing his colours this evening. He is a cricket man but very much one of us via his father.

https://twitter.com/holland_tom

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #459 on: May 15, 2019, 12:03:25 AM »
I swear I read in H&V few years ago Peter Alliss was in a queue for Wembley tickets when we made a final. Never seen any articles or him saying he supports us so maybe he was in that phantom queue with Andrew Greaves?!

Online geolex

« Reply #460 on: May 18, 2019, 07:56:50 AM »
Ian lavender (private pike) is  villa fan hence the claret and blue scarf pike wears

Offline villabear

« Reply #461 on: May 18, 2019, 09:07:12 AM »
Very bitter stripey Chiles on Radio 5 saying he can’t face any Villa fans at the moment and doesn’t want to come back to Brum until the mid 2020’s. Well there’s another bonus then.

Reminds me of the time a few years back when I passed him as he was walking towards the Mailbox and said “up the Villa Adrian” to him. He wasn’t happy.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #462 on: May 18, 2019, 07:32:21 PM »
Very bitter stripey Chiles on Radio 5 saying he can’t face any Villa fans at the moment and doesn’t want to come back to Brum until the mid 2020’s. Well there’s another bonus then.

Reminds me of the time a few years back when I passed him as he was walking towards the Mailbox and said “up the Villa Adrian” to him. He wasn’t happy.

He ran the marathon around 2005 and I saw him in Limehouse around the 20 mile mark. He was struggling and I shouted out "you're going down with the Baggies". He gave some sort of slumped shoulder acknowledgement and looked distressed. I felt slightly bad about it.

I saw his programme on his booze addiction last night. Good programme and I wish him well in reducing his intake. He lives in Chiswick and I occasionally see him in west London. Always thought he is a decent broadcaster.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #463 on: May 18, 2019, 07:40:19 PM »
I loved that picture of Ian Bell with Jack Grealish the other day .That will have pissed a lot of noses off as will the fact that Chris Woakes gets down the Villa as often as he can

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #464 on: May 18, 2019, 10:32:51 PM »
I loved that picture of Ian Bell with Jack Grealish the other day .That will have pissed a lot of noses off as will the fact that Chris Woakes gets down the Villa as often as he can

Bell and Woakes paraded an Ashes replica on the pitch a few years ago too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal