collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:34 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?  (Read 256509 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?
« Reply #390 on: May 23, 2018, 04:15:46 AM »
He knows we’re the best club in the world. He might not have been born a Villa fan but he’s not afraid to show it now. Good for him. I hope he’s there in person to cheer us on.
TV every child born in this world is a Villa fan. It’s their parents ingnorance and misguided beliefs that leads to deviation away from the Villa.

Offline spartacuss

« Reply #391 on: January 24, 2019, 01:09:17 PM »
We might have Nigel Kennedy, Geezer Butler, Tom Hanks, Prince William, Martin Shaw etc as fans but - as well as that Albatross-around-the-neck David Cameron - we have the ex-'adviser' to Theresa May - Nick Timothy - onboard!   We're double-albatrossed I tell ya!  That's why we seem to be condemned to sail the rough seas of the Championship for evermore!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #392 on: January 24, 2019, 01:22:33 PM »
We might have Nigel Kennedy, Geezer Butler, Tom Hanks, Prince William, Martin Shaw etc as fans but - as well as that Albatross-around-the-neck David Cameron - we have the ex-'adviser' to Theresa May - Nick Timothy - onboard!   We're double-albatrossed I tell ya!  That's why we seem to be condemned to sail the rough seas of the Championship for evermore!

I didn't know Martin Shaw was a Villa fan. I will see if my aunt remembers that. She was in the same class as him at school in Sutton Coldfield.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #393 on: January 24, 2019, 01:38:03 PM »
Ok so he's not a celebrity but he's still Villa

Click me
I'd love it if Kevin Bouchal gets to come over for a match (I'd be even more gutted than normal if we didn't win that one). It would be a reet good story with a happy ending, possibly only topped if one of the lads from the academy ends up playing for us becoming a future Villa legend. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 01:49:02 PM by Diablo »

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #394 on: January 24, 2019, 05:58:09 PM »

I didn't know Martin Shaw was a Villa fan. I will see if my aunt remembers that. She was in the same class as him at school in Sutton Coldfield.
I thought he was an Erdington boy - Holly Lane

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2019, 06:01:36 PM »

My mom was at school with him, at Great Barr Comp.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2019, 06:22:53 PM »
Kennedy, Butler, Hanks, Prince William, Mervin King, Brendon Gleeson, Ian Lavender, Greg Davis, Godber, Jim Bains,
Ocean Colour Scene, Floella, bits and bats from Duran Duran & UB40, Ian Bell, Rupert Bell, Benjamin Zepphaniah,
Kris Marshall, Dave Woodhall, David Bradley, woman from father Ted, Oliver Phelps,Adil Ray, Holly Willoughby ( personal favourite so I just added her cus I’m sure she must be)

you have to admit that list is pretty good knocks every other shit arsed club into a cocked hat

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2019, 06:26:34 PM »
He knows we’re the best club in the world. He might not have been born a Villa fan but he’s not afraid to show it now. Good for him. I hope he’s there in person to cheer us on.
TV every child born in this world is a Villa fan. It’s their parents ingnorance and misguided beliefs that leads to deviation away from the Villa.

Just - this incredibly thoughtful and insightful post from Olaftab deserves another airing.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2019, 06:33:01 PM »
And, Pauline McLynn!

The ‘woman from Father Ted’  ;)

Offline steamer

« Reply #399 on: January 24, 2019, 06:57:52 PM »
Kennedy, Butler, Hanks, Prince William, Mervin King, Brendon Gleeson, Ian Lavender, Greg Davis, Godber, Jim Bains,
Ocean Colour Scene, Floella, bits and bats from Duran Duran & UB40, Ian Bell, Rupert Bell, Benjamin Zepphaniah,
Kris Marshall, Dave Woodhall, David Bradley, woman from father Ted, Oliver Phelps,Adil Ray, Holly Willoughby ( personal favourite so I just added her cus I’m sure she must be)

you have to admit that list is pretty good knocks every other shit arsed club into a cocked hat
you missed serial killer Fred west and allegedly IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands 

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2019, 07:27:38 PM »

My mom was at school with him, at Great Barr Comp.

Your mom will remember Tom Knowles then, I had him for French and drama, I have heard Martin Shaw talk about his influence in interviews. One or two years below me I think.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2019, 08:14:11 PM »

Bob Monkhouse , Noelle Gordon

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2019, 08:20:30 PM »

Reminds me of “We didn’t start the fire” by Billy Joel.

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #403 on: January 24, 2019, 09:52:15 PM »
Jim Baines must be the most prestigious of that lot surely.
We can't let anybody else claim him.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2019, 10:19:45 PM »

Reminds me of “We didn’t start the fire” by Billy Joel.

I didn't know Bob Monkhouse and Greg Davies were Villa fans.

I wonder if Noele Gordon ever took her mate Larry Grayson to the Villa. I bet Everard and Slack Alice loved it 'up the Villa'.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:22:03 PM by Damo70 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal