collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?  (Read 256343 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2016, 07:17:55 PM »
Pete Way, ex-UFO, in an interview with Classic Rock mag after his recent heart attack..

“The only thing I ever worry about is Aston Villa. [Villa were relegated from the Premier League last season after an abysmal campaign.]

“I blame them for this, hahaha. They’ve caused me so much misery over the years - but I can’t let ‘em go, can I? They’re my team.

“I still go to see them. I’m going up next week. I ignore everything else. I shrug it off. I don't let anything bother me. The only thing I take notice of, the only thing that bothers me, is Villa.”

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-08-23/pete-way-ufo-heart-attack-interview

That's great. My mate Fleago used to like them for some unfathomable reason and occasionally made me listen to their 'songs'.

I like them now too.

*only joking.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2016, 08:47:19 PM »
I love 'em.

The pinnacle of blues based heavy rock from the 70's, and singer Phil Mogg has got a great voice.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #287 on: August 23, 2016, 10:59:29 PM »
Pete Way, ex-UFO, in an interview with Classic Rock mag after his recent heart attack..

“The only thing I ever worry about is Aston Villa. [Villa were relegated from the Premier League last season after an abysmal campaign.]

“I blame them for this, hahaha. They’ve caused me so much misery over the years - but I can’t let ‘em go, can I? They’re my team.

“I still go to see them. I’m going up next week. I ignore everything else. I shrug it off. I don't let anything bother me. The only thing I take notice of, the only thing that bothers me, is Villa.”

That's great. My mate Fleago used to like them for some unfathomable reason and occasionally made me listen to their 'songs'.

I like them now too.

*only joking.

I used to see Pete Way around all the time. Dad was a mate of his. He has pissed so much money up walls.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #288 on: August 23, 2016, 11:02:47 PM »

I like them now too.

*only joking.

I used to see Pete Way around all the time. Dad was a mate of his. He has pissed so much money up walls.
It wasn't for fun he called his solo band Waysted apparently. I'm just too young to have been going to gigs when he first left UFO, but from those I used to work with who are a couple of years older, it was the most appropriate name for a band.

Unless Justin Beiber starts touring under the iamawanker.com moniker.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #289 on: August 24, 2016, 12:56:05 AM »

I like them now too.

*only joking.

It wasn't for fun he called his solo band Waysted apparently. I'm just too young to have been going to gigs when he first left UFO, but from those I used to work with who are a couple of years older, it was the most appropriate name for a band.

Unless Justin Beiber starts touring under the iamawanker.com moniker.

The amount of names for Beiber running through my head now simply isn't healthy.

Offline Pete

« Reply #290 on: August 24, 2016, 10:45:13 AM »
My first ever gig was UFO at the Odeon, January 1980. They played every January and I went for a few years, one year hung around by the stage door and was let in by a roadie. I can confirm that Pete Way is a lunatic, absolutely larger than life.

As an aside, I missed Schenker with UFO by a year so a couple of years ago took my then sixteen-year-old to see him play Holmfirth for HIS first gig. He was backed by the Scorpions rhythm section, see below, and was brilliant. In this clip from 3.30 minutes he's astonishing.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #291 on: August 24, 2016, 12:37:23 PM »
I love 'em.

The pinnacle of blues based heavy rock from the 70's, and singer Phil Mogg has got a great voice.

Playing Leamington in November...I will be there

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #292 on: August 24, 2016, 12:40:02 PM »
My first ever gig was UFO at the Odeon, January 1980. They played every January and I went for a few years, one year hung around by the stage door and was let in by a roadie. I can confirm that Pete Way is a lunatic, absolutely larger than life.

As an aside, I missed Schenker with UFO by a year so a couple of years ago took my then sixteen-year-old to see him play Holmfirth for HIS first gig. He was backed by the Scorpions rhythm section, see below, and was brilliant. In this clip from 3.30 minutes he's astonishing.

was that the gig when Girl supported?? (you're first gig)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 12:46:08 PM by AGRIPPA »

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #293 on: August 24, 2016, 12:46:04 PM »
Saw Girl support KISS at Stafford in 1980

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #294 on: August 24, 2016, 01:30:56 PM »

I was at a couple of Scorpions gigs when Michael Schenker guested for a few songs. The support act was Uli-Jon Roth's band, so it was a Scorps guitarist reunion

My favourite Hard Rock / Metal band
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:45:27 PM by UK Redsox »

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #295 on: August 24, 2016, 01:43:59 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K78vRR4qg64[/youtub

I was at a couple of Scorpions gigs when Michael Schenker guested for a few songs. The support act was Uli-Jon Roth's band, so it was a Scorps guitarist reunion

My favourite Hard Rock / Meta band

At Wolves Civic Hall? I felt sorry for Matthias Jabs that night

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #296 on: August 24, 2016, 01:46:53 PM »

Yep. I saw them two nights running

http://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=26608.msg937044;topicseen#msg937044

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #297 on: August 24, 2016, 01:54:50 PM »

Yep. I saw them two nights running

http://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=26608.msg937044;topicseen#msg937044

Fantastic gig.... only got there for Uli Jon Roths last song of the support set though....

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #298 on: August 24, 2016, 02:06:23 PM »

I like them now too.

*only joking.

I never knew Way was a Villa fan. They were the first band I ever saw. They lived in Birmingham for a while in the 80's and a couple of my old school band mates played with them on and off. I'm surprised Way is a Villa fan though, especially being from Down South.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 02:08:10 PM by Stirchley Villain »

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2016, 02:07:28 PM »

That was mine too! The Mechanix tour?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal