collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?  (Read 256378 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?
« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2016, 08:43:23 PM »
Good old Barney. Always used to buy a fanzine off me when I worked in Trinity Road.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2016, 09:35:06 PM »
Don't know if he is classed as a celebrity but this guy is one of us http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-05-24/napalm-death-barney-greenway-download-2016

Napalm Death, of course he is. They are big in the game.  8)

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2016, 11:17:07 PM »
Barney Greenway is an all round good egg, as evidenced by

Napalm Death's Barney Greenway urges metal fan President Widodo to show mercy to British death row grandmother Lindsay Sandiford

and

NAPALM DEATH'S MARK "BARNEY" GREENWAY ON WHY HE'S FIGHTING TO SAVE THE LIVES OF AUSTRALIAN NATIONALS SENTENCED TO DEATH IN INDONESIA

And who knew the president of Indonesia was a death metal fan?

As an aside you've got to love the fact that a band Napalm Death originally had  a guitarist called Oppenheimer
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:22:26 PM by Villa in Denmark »

Offline peter w

« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2016, 09:30:53 AM »
Christ ViD - I don't give two shits about his excellent record in fighting to save lives in Indonesia of convicted drugs mules. Where does he stand on the Tony Xia debate?

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2016, 09:34:43 AM »
He'll let us know as soon as he personally delivers Xia's signed Greatest Hits compilation and a couple of  t-shirts.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2016, 12:41:44 PM »
We need more Grindcore on threads!!!

Offline stuart r

• Location: Highley (Home of the Gerry Hitchens Fitness Suite at the local leisure centre- He started his career with Highley Miners Welfare)
« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2016, 03:37:47 PM »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2016, 05:06:27 PM »
Dudley Labour MP Ian Austin who shouted "Sit down and shut up" to Jeremy Corbyn today is a Villa fan.

https://twitter.com/IanAustinMP

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-told-to-sit-down-and-shut-up-in-commons-as-he-criticises-iraq-war-after-publication-of-a7122871.html

The same Ian Austin who complained about Nigel Kennedy at the Proms. Ian Austin, as far as I know, has never been seen at an away match.

Offline mike

« Reply #248 on: July 06, 2016, 05:08:20 PM »
Dudley Labour MP Ian Austin who shouted "Sit down and shut up" to Jeremy Corbyn today is a Villa fan.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-told-to-sit-down-and-shut-up-in-commons-as-he-criticises-iraq-war-after-publication-of-a7122871.html

The same Ian Austin who complained about Nigel Kennedy at the Proms. Ian Austin, as far as I know, has never been seen at an away match.

Not like Dave Cameron and Tom Hanks.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #249 on: July 06, 2016, 05:18:34 PM »
I presume Austin will be a Blairite if he doesn't like criticism of his hero's war crimes?

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2016, 08:21:38 AM »
I presume Austin will be a Blairite if he doesn't like criticism of his hero's war crimes?

He certainly is, his Twitter feed confirms that.
Mind you it was quite funny yesterday when he denied voting against the Iraq War enquiry and then someone posted his official voting record where he voted against it on all three occasions. Funnily enough he deleted that Tweet shortly after.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »
I just signed up to Netflix recently having ditched my Foxtel and have been watching a comedy called Cuckoo. It's a few years old now, but never heard of it before. It's got the wanker teacher from inbetweeners in it and the family live in Lichfield. Seen a few villa references in it and a villa tea towel in the last one. Not sure if the character is a villa fan, or whether it's the actor shoehorning villa references into the show?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2016, 08:46:03 AM »
shades of Ian Lavender?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2016, 09:20:04 AM »

Not like Dave Cameron and Tom Hanks.

I once saw Floella Benjamin smashing up the toilets at St Andrews.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #254 on: July 07, 2016, 09:33:26 AM »
I just signed up to Netflix recently having ditched my Foxtel and have been watching a comedy called Cuckoo. It's a few years old now, but never heard of it before. It's got the wanker teacher from inbetweeners in it and the family live in Lichfield. Seen a few villa references in it and a villa tea towel in the last one. Not sure if the character is a villa fan, or whether it's the actor shoehorning villa references into the show?

I believe the writers are Villa fans, so they made the character one too.  Not sure if Greg Davies is a Villa fan though, I've never heard him mention it. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal