collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?  (Read 256458 times)

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:31:42 PM »
 Never mind Tom Hanks, who doesn't even know what colours we play in, or Nige the fiddle player.
We have three of the most powerful people in Britain who claim to be Villa fans yet between them they still can't deliver the FA Cup to Villa Park.
We have Dave Cameron the prime minister, surely he should be able to pass a law that says only The Villa can win the FA Cup.
Then we have Mervyn King Governor of The Bank Of England, he should have the power to bankrupt any club drawn against us.
Add to those two, Prince William, president of the FA. Surely it must be in his power to make sure that we are drawn against the weakest team in each round.
Come on you three get your act together and deliver the FA Cup to Villa Park in May 2012.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:43:37 PM »
One is too busy counting cash, the other is too busy pretending to be in the shit with the rest of us and the final one has been too busy blasting beautifull creatures out of the sky with a shotgun, just for fun.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 11:44:28 PM »
think if you have a 'public' image you should be banned from supporting a team.. fair play to cameron but i don't want him anywhere near a villa match. same for kennedy who i remember back in the day as a posh voiced boy rather as some cockerny geezer, and prince william who's probably been erm a posh voiced boy since day 1. Actually i have rather have some sympathy for HR William - on a loser whoever he supports. god knows how manc's cope with the flotsum and jetsum that attach themselves with their club but them most of 'em are about as manc as i am.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 12:09:42 AM »
think if you have a 'public' image you should be banned from supporting a team.. fair play to cameron but i don't want him anywhere near a villa match. same for kennedy who i remember back in the day as a posh voiced boy rather as some cockerny geezer, and prince william who's probably been erm a posh voiced boy since day 1. Actually i have rather have some sympathy for HR William - on a loser whoever he supports. god knows how manc's cope with the flotsum and jetsum that attach themselves with their club but them most of 'em are about as manc as i am.

Your attempts at trolling are becoming far to obvious these days, you really should try harder.

But using your passion for such is extremely disrespectful to Nigel Kennedy who apart from being a world renowned Violin player has more support for the club he loves in a day's growth of his his little finger nail than you have or will have in your life time.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 12:13:12 AM »

Your attempts at trolling are becoming far to obvious these days, you really should try harder.

But using your passion for such is extremely disrespectful to Nigel Kennedy who apart from being a world renowned Violin player has more support for the club he loves in a day's growth of his his little finger nail than you have or will have in your life time.

Sorry, but i never trust someone who changes his accent. If you're posh you're posh. Live with it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:16:49 AM by Greg N'Ash »

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »
Trolling?

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 12:19:02 AM »
^^. And I thought starting this thread would introduce a bit of light heartedness into the doom and gloom that seems to have become the norm on H&V. ::)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 01:15:31 AM »
Greg could suck the air out of a vacuum if we're honest.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 01:19:10 AM »
...really?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 01:56:42 AM »
Greg could suck the air out of a vacuum if we're honest.

heheheh. that made me chuckle. Do i come across like that all the time?

ah bugger..

Offline nigel

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 08:42:16 AM »
Changing teams for a moment.
You have Elton John with Watford and Robbie Williams with Port Vale. 2 teams struggling away in their respective leagues.
These are multi millionaires and I'm sure with a touch of financial help these teams could be petty competetive. With their fan base they're not going to trouble the Premier League, but they could be a force in the Championship and flirt occasionally with the big boys.
I know not everyone will agree but I love it when the likes of Wigan and Fulham do well (not against us, obviously)
and you get the Blackpool's, Norwich's having their moment.

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 08:47:16 AM »
And fair play to Elton John, when he was chairman at Watford he did put wads of money into the club, resulting in them having the most successful period in their history. Plus he also had a young manager called Graham Taylor to work with.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 10:05:28 AM »
Never mind just the FA Cup with the political clout potentially wielded by having the PM, the governor of the bank of England and the heir to the throne on our side I'm sure a Dynamo Berlin in East Germany scenario could be cooked up. In other words everyone else is too scared to lose to us so we walk the league every year.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 10:13:21 AM »
Sometimes I think we are never happy.

When the glory hunters parade out thier celeb fans we slate and slag them.

When celebs attaches themselves to us, and lets face they can't exactly bathe in our reflected glory we slate and slag them.

Cant we just be happy that for some the Villa bug is still with them and they are happy to show it?

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »
Celebs don't pay the bills. Clubs give them free tickets in the hope that their attendance will, in someway, up the profile and encourage other people to support the team and spend their cash on tickets etc. It's just like any other industry sadly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal