collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 03:47:29 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 03:47:07 PM]

FFP by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 03:42:29 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by tomd2103
[Today at 03:41:06 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by simboy
[Today at 03:32:30 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by Smithy
[Today at 03:21:40 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by paul_e
[Today at 03:08:30 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 02:33:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa. Tevez refuses to play for Citeh  (Read 32821 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: 0% Villa. Tevez refuses to play for Citeh
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2011, 10:42:07 AM »
Am I alone in thinking that it would be a good thing if both Beye & Ireland refused to play for Villa, saving us from a) having to watch them in horror through clasped fingers & b) pay them for the rest of their worthless contracts?
Huh... don't know where you have been but Ireland did refuse to  play in the entire match against Bolton and  the first half against QPR.

So what's the excuse of the other 10 players?!

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »
Although I don't have much time for Gordon Taylor as head of the PFA his job is to look after the interests of his members so I don't see why he should be criticised here.
Tevez is an arsehole and I just hope they have the balls to deal with him as he should be.

Err, you give an example of why Gordon Taylor should be criticised in the second half of your post. I'm glad to say I'm not the only one on here sickened by Taylor's decades of spineless toeing the line. He's got about as many opinions worth hearing as Jamie Redknapp.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2011, 11:59:01 AM »
Misunderstanding my arse.
First he should be fined the maximum allowed. That money should then be distributed equally amongst all Man City fans who went to Munich for the game. 
For footballers, with their 1st class seats or in private jets and transitting through VIP lounges all paid for, international travel is just a simple regular occurence.
For football supporters going to watch these players on pitches abroad can involve careful planning, discomfort and monetary sacrifice. Yes, when we go its our choice but the least we should expect is for the players to walk over and give a quick acknowlegment at the end. If I dont get that I am going to have a bit of a moan, so if any Villa player did what Tevez did and I was there I would be foaming at the mouth with rage.
Complete and utter total disrespect of the worst form to the fans.
I really dont care whether he plays for Man City again or not, he will finish up playing for someone. He hope he gets absolutely slaughtered by home and away fans wherever he turns up.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:01:21 PM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2011, 12:21:24 PM »
In my opinion nothing underlines the chasm between city and united morethan this. With Fergie his arse wouldnt have touched the floor on the way out. I reckon he would have been sacked on the spot, regardless of value.

Or they would have given him a massive pay rise.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2011, 12:30:08 PM »
Next time you go into work and the boss tells you to do something just tell him to fuck off.
Yes you'll be out so fast you'll think you're a neutrino, but at the industrial tribunal you can claim that you were just following the example set by a "role model".

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2011, 02:49:45 PM »
Next time you go into work and the boss tells you to do something just tell him to fuck off.
Yes you'll be out so fast you'll think you're a neutrino, but at the industrial tribunal you can claim that you were just following the example set by a "role model".

I dare say there are people out there stupid enough to hold footballers up as 'role models'

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2011, 08:51:38 AM »
Instead of Tevez's two weeks wages staying in Sheik Mansoor's pocket. It might be a good idea if he made Tevez hand over a cheque in person to The Royal British Legion, where the money would benefit some real role models.,

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2011, 09:49:49 AM »
Although I don't have much time for Gordon Taylor as head of the PFA his job is to look after the interests of his members so I don't see why he should be criticised here.
Tevez is an arsehole and I just hope they have the balls to deal with him as he should be.

Err, you give an example of why Gordon Taylor should be criticised in the second half of your post. I'm glad to say I'm not the only one on here sickened by Taylor's decades of spineless toeing the line. He's got about as many opinions worth hearing as Jamie Redknapp.

Err, you do understand what Taylor's job is don't you? He's head of the players union, his responsibility is to his members not fans or the wider game.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »
Seems strange that Scholes, a devoted player to Manchester Utd as come out and said that not only can he understand Tevez, he actually did worse under Ferguson, ffs, can you imagine anybody doing that under Fergie, no wonder he hasn't been able to string a sentence together for years.

Seems strange as well that Pardew who came out yesterday with his point of view having managed the player didn't exactly condemn Tevez, in fact his parting shot was more aimed at how the player and situation was managed

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2011, 09:58:35 AM »
Sitting outside a coffee shop in Finsbury Square yesterday a bloke came up to me for 'some change'.

I asked him why he was in that position, his story ( if true) really moved me.

He has no fixed abode and as such can't get benefits.

Because he can't get benefits he has to 'make' £25 each day by begging to pay for his stay at a backpacking hostel and each day was a 'make £25 then go home' day.

He was in a catch 22 situation - no identity to get a job, no way of getting an identity ( address, utility bills, passport etc.) so he was persona non gratis in today's world.

One tenth of Tevez's weekly wage could sort his life out.

Puts things into perspective, Tevez, the guy who came from the back streets of Argentina to now be earning a reported £13 million a year is a total arsehole.

Sack him and move on, football, even in its current state can't afford to have this mentality employed in it.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2011, 11:43:35 AM »
Instead of Tevez's two weeks wages staying in Sheik Mansoor's pocket. It might be a good idea if he made Tevez hand over a cheque in person to The Royal British Legion, where the money would benefit some real role models.,

I'm sure that would go down well in Argentina...

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2011, 10:44:53 AM »
From @sikipediabot "If Carlos Tevez doesn't wanna play in Europe he should have signed for Liverpool."

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2011, 10:53:54 AM »
From @sikipediabot "If Carlos Tevez doesn't wanna play in Europe he should have signed for Liverpool."

nicked for facebook

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2011, 01:32:05 PM »
Tevez sums up Man city right now, good football but no credibility whatsoever. Wherever he lands next (and he will), someones getting a top player with the integrity of a snake.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2011, 10:21:16 PM »
That great man of Virtue and honesty Kia Joorabchian has had his say here.

Two points I will take issue with are

"Carlos does speak English but his English his not good enough to host a full-blown interview," stated the Iranian-born businessman.

"I listened to the questions in English and the interpretations in Spanish. Both questions were interpreted incorrectly and both answers of Carlos were then misinterpreted."

and
"You have to remember Carlos joined Manchester City when he had an official offer from Real Madrid and Manchester United on the table.

"He was one of the first players to join Manchester City's new vision. It's a great vision and Carlos was brought in to help start that vision.

Now if there is a massive misinterpretation (again) then surely the interpretor who would have been his own or the clubs I reckon (why else have one in Germany for that match) should need sacking if he got it wrong both ways.

And the fact he turned down offers from Manure and Real Madrid to go to Citeh just shows that money came first to Kia... I mean Carlos and not playing football for the glory.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal