collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Big Ecks welcome to VP barometer  (Read 31565 times)

Offline Rob Gee

Re: The Big Ecks welcome to VP barometer
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2011, 09:11:51 PM »
Someone old guy by me had a banner saying "Muck Off" which was held aloft as the teams walked out. It was ripped from him by a fellow fan who enquired "How's that going to help?" who proceeded to screw said banner up with a bit of squaring off over the shoulder of a steward to follow. By Upper Doug Ellis standards it was quite the ruck.

Offline gaucho1966

« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2011, 09:32:32 PM »
The old guys are the worst.  ;)

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2011, 07:44:18 AM »
It's you yobbos in the Doug who get the club a bad name. :o
AM was met with polite applause from the Holte. And I didn't hear any abuse.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2011, 09:38:48 AM »
It's you yobbos in the Doug who get the club a bad name. :o
AM was met with polite applause from the Holte. And I didn't hear any abuse.

We were in the Lower Holte and the applause was polite I thought. The feeling was that we await, and want, to be won over?
The howling build-up on the PA didn't help.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2011, 12:12:12 PM »

What I mean is that Villa manager or not to me he still feels like he's a Nose. I want him to succeed but a manager is not like a player.A manager has their stamp on a club and they - especially the playing side - become an extension of their own personality. Small Heath and McLeish became one and the same because of that. Its that what's difficult to shake. his personality and his ex-club are still too recent and he feels like  he's broughta bit of them with him.
[/quote]
“The heritage, the history of success and the tradition of Aston Villa are compelling and irresistible."

Who was the last new manager to say something like this?

the last manager who either a)meant it or b)had to win the fans over?

I don't like him standing there it just feels  all wrong. He's a Nose.He's tainted and nothing yet will change my view on him. I want him gone but that will only mean we are doing very badly which is not something I want to see. Moreover, and this is something that hasn't been really hit upon, but a sacked/removed McLeish means we have to face the board making us look a laughing stock again with another managerial 'after you Claude'.

That's the spirit. He's not a nose, he managed them but so what? He's Villa manager.

What I mean is that Villa manager or not to me he still feels like he's a Nose. I want him to succeed but a manager is not like a player.A manager has their stamp on a club and they - especially the playing side - become an extension of their own personality. Small Heath and McLeish became one and the same because of that. Its that what's difficult to shake. his personality and his ex-club are still too recent and he feels like  he's broughta bit of them with him.

Begs the question, what bit a Villa did Saunders take with him, over to them?  :-\

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2011, 12:37:13 PM »
The question is, whats more important, how much you love Villa, or how much you hate Small heath, if Villa comes first, you`ll support the gaffer no matter who he is, if hating the shite comes first, find another hobby. Give the fella a chance, he`s got Warnock back onside, Gabby`s playing his nuts off, and the commitments there for all to see, so he`s doing something right. oh, and were top as well, may not be for long, but its a start.

Offline Simba

« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2011, 12:38:29 PM »
The bit where he won nothing.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
Begs the question, what bit a Villa did Saunders take with him, over to them?  :-\

His secretary, the youth team coach and Robert Hopkins.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »
I can't get my head around the level of fury against Blues at the best of times - they're now metaphorically and ACTUALLY in a different league to us and still get whole threads devoted to them! McLeish hasn't put a foot wrong so far, in fact the team looked happier and more confident yesterday than during the entire last season, so the antipathy towards him looks petty and childish at the moment. Hansen (yes I know) said on MOTD that the welcome the fans gave him yesterday showed they had "a touch of class", that strikes me as being more about what Villa's about! UTV.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »
From a PR point of view he's been spot on, four points from a tough away game and a winnable home game is a good return. I couldn't give a toss if he came from Blues. Former Liverpool and Man City-ite Matt Busby didn't do too badly at Man U.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2011, 03:20:46 PM »

We were in the Lower Holte and the applause was polite I thought. The feeling was that we await, and want, to be won over?
The howling build-up on the PA didn't help.

As he came out I thought the applause was warm, polite, and sustained in a way that made it  clear that most of the crowd wanted to make the point that he was "accepted", but I thought the PA spoiled that by introducing him in a tone which clearly expected us to "Go Wild" for our new manager, and it being met by more polite applause. We're not ready to go wild for him just yet, we're ready to see what he can do.

Offline martin

« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »
I embraced the Confucian concept of the sound of one hand clapping.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2011, 03:50:44 PM »
I thought it was a warm, polite welcome which is what I expected from the large majority of normal, reasonable blokes that make up our hone crowd.  But, as I commented on the post match thread, one contemptible individual made my piss boil by his constant "blue-nosed cnut/wanker/bastard" comments.  From minute 1 to 90 he was all over it.  TWAT.

I haven't had a season ticket for years and attend as many home games  as work allows.  Every time I've had a seat in the lower North it's been the same: pissed up cocks spouting obnoxious drivel about a game they clearly a) have no understanding of b) actually enjoy.   As such I'm never siting down there again. 

And another thing while I'm having a rant.  Two fucking pounds for a small cardboard cup of tea?  It's that kind of daylight robbery that makes me think that the club are taking the piss out if me.  Can you imagine the mark up on that?  How much does a tea bag and boiling water actually cost?  We're being treated like mugs.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2011, 04:25:04 PM »
We're being treated like mugs.
Cardboard mugs.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2011, 04:29:24 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal