collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Random Stories About Footballers  (Read 127365 times)

Offline Damo70

Random Stories About Footballers
« on: July 23, 2011, 12:24:56 AM »
I once heard a story that back in the late eighties when Villa players used to get a club car like an Austin Montego, most of the players used to give it to the missus and drive round in something a bit more smart (although nothing like what they drive around in these days). Apparently Nigel Callaghan was single and driving a Lotus so he picked up his Austin, had some photos taken and drove it home. When he got a letter twelve months later to take it back to swap for a new one he hadn't seen the keys since the day he picked it up and had to get it towed back. I also worked with a woman about twenty years ago when I was about twenty and she was ten to fifteen years older who was a bit of a football groupie, she did The Bel Air (Villa) and Libertys (West Brom players apparently) and went out with Tony godden for quite a while. The story that interested me was about the Scottish Villa player she went out with in the late eighties who liked a drink or two. That didn't bother her but the bed wetting afterwards put her off a bit. And they reckon Alex Ferguson gets his young players on the straight and narrow.

Offline Karl Bridges

Re: Random Stories About Footballers
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 12:33:35 AM »
I caught the number 7 bus with Dwight Yorke after he made his debut for the reserves. Still got his bus ticket wedged in one of my old season ticket books.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 02:39:46 AM »
There were rumours circulating (via the ever reliable Baker and Kelly show moons ago when it was just Talk Radio) that ex Ipswich midfielder John Wark has an incredibly small penis. Micropenis territory.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 09:16:50 AM »
I once nearly got run over by Cyrille Regis at the traffic lights in Whiteheath.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 09:29:55 AM »
Gordon Cowans once told my mate to piss off in the beggars bush.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »
yago bellon chatted up my missus on a night out in sutton playing up his villa "connection" a lot, and while she was on the phone to me telling me about it because she knows i love the villa and found it very amusing, i could hear him in the background telling her that it didnt matter that she had a boyfriend, go with him anyway...

paul devlin was in a bar in sutton getting smashed up on £1 bottles of beer after the villa v cska away game a couple seasons ago, and for some reason we got chatting, and in between me taking the piss out of his small heath and scottish connections, he was agreeing and laughing about it (was a decent bloke tbf), his mate decided he didnt like the banter we were having and threatened to bottle me in the face...

mark bosnich laughing at me falling over during their trip to torpoint athletic a few years back.. bryan small just stood at the back with a moody look on his face... the players were all very accomodating to fans...

few others about some plymouth playes, ie, graham coughlin being a cock, tony capaldi enjoying the banter about his small heath connections, and the keeper who got sent down for death by dangerous driving shaking me by the hand after he failed to chat up my missus (seemed a nice fella), my brother in law burning ronne mauges missus arm in a bar, etc, etc...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:14:11 AM by pablopicasso_10 »

Offline El Hurricane

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 02:24:52 PM »
My mom babysat for Andy Townsend once,the charge was £25,to which Jackie Townsend said "how much?" and complained,bear in mind they lived on Four Oaks Estate at the time and Andy was probably on £15k a week(I'm just guessing).

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »
Gordon Strachen gave me a can of coke out of the mini-fridge in his training ground office when he was at Cov, as I was fitting a new phone extension there.

It was hot that day and I was sweating like a scouser in Dixons, so fair play to him. A nice bloke.

Online eric woolban woolban

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 03:19:14 PM »
I read in a Villa magazine I think or it was on a video that Tommy Johnson said one of his fellow teammates wore their Villa top in the house.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 04:00:52 PM »
I read in a Villa magazine I think or it was on a video that Tommy Johnson said one of his fellow teammates wore their Villa top in the house.

That's the kind of thing I'd expect Deano's Mullet to know the answer to.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 04:05:12 PM »

That's the kind of thing I'd expect Deano's Mullet to know the answer to.

Haha, I'd be interested to hear who this was though.

Offline Zhong Yi

• Let's All Have A Disco....la la la la
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
I saw Steve Hodge in a pub in Ashby de la Zouch one Friday night in early 1991 and whilst I looked at him for a few moments I refrained from breaking the law.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »
Kenny Burns shat in my mate's bog.

And what's more, he pebble dashed it.

Offline villanois

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 05:19:20 PM »
Always like the story about Cloughie in a biography, can't remember whose.

At Forest after senior players had all finished training and gone home Cloughie calls from his office to where apprentices were cleaning boots etc,
Apprentice answers phone : Hello
Cloughie : bring me a cup of tea up to my office
apprentice: fuck off get your own tea
Cloughie: do you know who you're talking to young man ?
apprentice: yes, do you know you're talking to ?
Cloughie: no
apprentice: then like I said fuck off and get your own cup of tea. hangs up and gets the hell out of there

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 05:26:22 PM »
I met Savo Milosevic in Macdonals in Edrington with his girlfriend in August 1995.  I then randomly spotted him on laybie of M42 Dunston Ireland. We offered him a lift or any assitance with his car. He said it was fine but Bozzie told him to meet him there on there way to the Bel Air.

I've also met Shaun Teale in Beatties in Sutton.  Tony Daley and Paul Mcgrath in Sutton.

Earl Barrett in my local in Manchester.  He's friends with somebody I work with.

Oh and I had my picture taken with Yorkie in his Mercedes at a sponsors do in July 1997.

Lee Hendrie in Tamworth on a night out.

Carry Cahill, Milan Baros, Freddie Bouma in the Arcadian.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal