collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Random Stories About Footballers  (Read 127370 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Random Stories About Footballers
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 05:56:03 PM »
I'm just waiting for somebody to tell the story of Kenny Dalgish, Peter Beardsley and his wife. It's not your usual footballer's tale. It also goes a long way to explain why Liverpool sold Beardsley to Newcastle.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 06:13:45 PM »
I used to live in Tamworth and often used to see Nigel Callaghan pissed in the many pubs in the town centre. Also i use to see a young Tony Coton with a  group of mates causing trouble around the Ankerside shopping centre. Other famous people i used to see in the Wigginton pub in Tamworth were Duran Duran when they were just starting out.I think a couple of the band were villa mad.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 06:39:47 PM »
I'm just waiting for somebody to tell the story of Kenny Dalgish, Peter Beardsley and his wife. It's not your usual footballer's tale. It also goes a long way to explain why Liverpool sold Beardsley to Newcastle.

Does it involve someone finding Beardsley attractive? Can't be true in that case.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 07:10:59 PM »
I used to live in Tamworth and often used to see Nigel Callaghan pissed in the many pubs in the town centre.

Callaghan used to live by me and would drive past our house in his flash lamborghini and wave at us playing footy. Wasn't so flash when he wrote it off though.

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 07:16:36 PM »

Didn't Beardsley go to Everton from Liverpool? I'm guessing this doesn't change the story though.

Offline Sleeuwenhoek

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 07:41:37 PM »
Saw Mikael Silvestre go in to a garage at Alderley Edge to complain about the diesel nozzle not fitting into his petrol tank in his Audi S4, as he was walking towards the kiosk the staff were laughing and saying "he's done it again"

Offline kieron

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 07:44:10 PM »
When I was a nipper my mate and I were riding alongside Tony Cascarino on our bikes as he was jogging around Sutton. He told us he was moving to Celtic for £2.3m (or whatever the figure was) before it was announced in the press.

Shaun Teale's son wheel-span a 4x4 type car next to mine at Sutton Park in 1995 and smashed my windscreen with the pebbles/shit off the park. He paid me for the damage after taking me back to his/his dads place to get the cash, where I found out he was the son of Shaun.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2011, 07:55:29 PM »
I was at Dwight Yorke's 21st birthday party held at Villa Park. Nothing earth shattering, but a pissed up Garry Parker was dancing on a table in some leather trousers, Paul McGrath had a bit of a dance with his other half and then sat down rubbing his knees, Kevin Richardson was next to me at the bar and was arrogant and rude to the bar staff, Mark Bosnich was next to me at the bar, we chatted for a bit and he was a really nice bloke and Dwight Yorke and Bryan Small left with a couple of peroxide blondes old enough to be their mothers.

Offline russon

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 08:15:34 PM »
I almost mowed Gavin McCann down when he stepped into the road without looking outside the bookies in Mere Green

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 08:39:25 PM »
I saw 11 villa players all in one place last season. It was on a match day at Villa park on a Saturday afternoon playing some team in old gold, and i swear they must have all been pissed.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 08:45:51 PM »
I heard from a Brummie girl in met while traveling in India years ago that Steve Staunton has one on him like a babies arm.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 08:50:54 PM »
I also saw Ivo Stas in the same place many years earlier....

In fact, thinking about it, it wasn't him at all.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2011, 08:51:14 PM »
As a 13 year old playing on the streets in Kings Norton, four of us were hanging around our local red telephone box.  It just so happened that I lived 4 doors away from an ex Villa Player Darren Bradley.  He was having a party one night when he was playing for Smethwick.  It spilled onto the street and there were an array of Smethwick players.  None other than Don Goodman spotted us and came over and challenged us to a as many people you can get into a call box as possible competition.  It was very funny, around 9 Albion first teamers including Don, Darren, Stacey Coldicott, David Burrows trying to cram into our call box.

Offline GJH

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2011, 09:01:58 PM »
I met Dwight Yorke in the Dome Nightclub in about 96'/97 time.

He was with the Birmingham Bullets basketball team (all 6ft 6 and above) he had a Claret & Blue waistcoat on, dripping in gold and was after some blonde girl at the bar. Me & my mate went up for a chat,he didn't want to at first, but then my mate showed him his villa tattoo and he was good as gold, dancing round with a bottle of bud in each hand!!!

I met Brian Clough at Bromsgrove Rovers when Nigel Clough was playing for Burton Albion. A little lad by asked him for his autograph. He said "why do you want an autograph of an old man?, i used to be somebody but not anymore!, now leave me alone"

Remember watching England vs Sweden at Old Trafford, Bobby Charlton was just going into the directors box entrance when a little kid (united fan) had got a book on the History of Manchester Utd, the first page was a picture of Bobby in his playing days, He asked Bobby for his autograph (only person asking for it) he said no, not now son i'm busy!! The little kid was gutted. It would have took 10 seconds to sign the book - tosser!

Offline myf

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2011, 09:16:44 PM »
Gatecrashed a neighbours sunday lunch when BFR was there (his car was parked outside and they invited me in for a chat).

Got Alan Lee kicked out of Rosie's in Solihull after I passed him a record I had nicked from the DJ booth.

One of my mates went back to Collymore's pad with some slappers after a night on Broad Street.  Collymore dared the girls to swim in the canal and one of them did, then dripped the water on his cream carpet.  Collymore turfed them out and the girls grabbed my mates new patrick cox shoes and chucked them in the canal (thinking they were Stans).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal