collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Delph - Are we ready for the future?  (Read 17024 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Delph - Are we ready for the future?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2011, 10:24:08 AM »
So apart from injuries, most he brings on himself, his penchant for yellow and red cards, his lack of experience, he should be first pick.

Meanwhile, back in the real world he'll be back at Leeds next year playing in the level hes good at. You watch

I'm going to remember this post.

If ever a post said "Please, please, please look at me, show me some attention" then this is it.

edit: Not yours Paul, Malcolm-in-a-Muddles'.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011, 10:25:26 AM »
Delph will be a cracking player, he's got everything to be our first choice midfielder.
this
I thought our midfield three was the correct choice & we did a good job of containing Ramsey & Wilshere.
this
Delph has looked class to me whenever I've seen him.  Vision, a range of passing, mobile, and gets stuck in.  He's a bit raw and makes some rash challenges but I think when he's given a run in the team he will prove to be top notch.  For me he could turn out to be MON's best signing.

..and this.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 10:27:18 AM »
He needs a real run of games, as the third man on the left of a midfield free, with license to get Forward.

I thought he was halfway fantastic yesterday, he's comfortable with the ball in tight situations and has really quick feet.

If we can put a destroyer in the middle of him and Makoun we've got a midfield three sorted.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 10:31:50 AM »
From yesterday, most of the bad can be attributed to a lack of match practice.  The good though was very good.

The big thing he offers that we've been missing is intelligent movement off the ball.  He did a great job of making himself available for the pass.  Once he gets cemented into the team with Makoun as a tidy passing player in there as well I think we'll start to see him really take hold of games.  I see similar in Bannan and would love them to get a bit of time on the pitch together in a three, probably in a pre-season game though with a bit of pressure off.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:40 AM »
If we can put a destroyer in the middle of him and Makoun we've got a midfield three sorted.

Exactly what I think!

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
Meanwhile, back in the real world he'll be back at Leeds next year playing in the level hes good at. You watch

Wanna put your money on that?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
So apart from injuries, most he brings on himself, his penchant for yellow and red cards, his lack of experience, he should be first pick.

I'm going to remember this post.

If ever a post said "Please, please, please look at me, show me some attention" then this is it.

edit: Not yours Paul, Malcolm-in-a-Muddles'.

Every post Malcolm makes is predicated on not giving any credit to MON. Delph was signing, therefore he's rubbish.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »

Exactly what I think!

Totally right. Someone like de jong would make that an awesome midfield .........

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2011, 11:26:34 AM »
As someone else said in another thread, Parker would also be an ideal one to slot in there.  My concern would be the fee they'd want considering his age and virtually nil re-sale value.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2011, 11:30:13 AM »
Sign Parker while preparing Gardner to be his replacement when the time comes?

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
Gardner, whilst being a physical presence of sorts, isn't really a defensive midfielder.

But I could see us signing Parker and some young French/African lad as understudy, sure.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 11:37:18 AM »
I think Delph looks abit like Ramires at Chelsea, he really struggled at first, but after a regular run in the team has become a really good player.

Next season I'd play Makoun, NRC and Delph as a 3! We really need to keep NRC.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2011, 01:25:32 PM »
I think Delph is going to be an all or nothing player. Not as in his commitment, I think this will always be 100%, but I think in terms of his contribution. He will always play some great passes, but will play some awful passes. He will make some great runs forward, he will lose the ball too easily. Repeat to fade. If nothing else, I don't think we can question his effort on the pitch, I think we weill just have to accept that with everything good that he does, chances are there will be some rubbish involved as well.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2011, 01:59:34 PM »
I think Delph is going to be an all or nothing player. Not as in his commitment, I think this will always be 100%, but I think in terms of his contribution. He will always play some great passes, but will play some awful passes. He will make some great runs forward, he will lose the ball too easily. Repeat to fade. If nothing else, I don't think we can question his effort on the pitch, I think we weill just have to accept that with everything good that he does, chances are there will be some rubbish involved as well.

No, Delph will be class when he's played in more matches consistently. He needs a proper run in the team. The odd appearance isn't enough. He's the future, he's still very young with lots to learn.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2011, 02:13:39 PM »
Young players make mistakes. As they gain experience they hopefully make less of them. Delph is still very young.
I'll gladly take a few msitakes now to get the player I think he'll be in the near future.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal