collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:08:04 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 11:08:00 AM]

Champions League Contention by KRS
[Today at 11:03:17 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 11:01:12 AM]

VAR by Risso
[Today at 11:01:08 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Risso
[Today at 10:56:14 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:35:10 AM]

Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:08:04 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 11:08:00 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:07:43 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by KRS
[Today at 11:03:17 AM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 11:01:12 AM]

Re: VAR by Risso
[Today at 11:01:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:58:20 AM]

Re: VAR by Drummond
[Today at 10:57:38 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The petulance of Ashley Young  (Read 25474 times)

Offline Villa'Zawg

Re: The petulance of Ashley Young
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2011, 12:32:11 PM »
Can we change the thread title to The petulance of Villa fans.

Offline Countryside Villain

• GM : 11.05.2016
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »
I'm not denying that he's got the potential to be a quality player and we would have missed him this season almost as much as he's  missed the target.  It doesn't change his attitude though.  He might work hard but he's like a 5 year old when things aren't going his way and when they are its all about him, not the team.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2011, 01:00:04 PM »
agree 100% - I cheered when he was booked.

And I tell you this, he was lucky to be on the pitch coz he clearly dived in the first half trying to get a penalty = something no one seems to have picked up on.

He did not throw himself to the ground on this occasion.

A defender was slyly tugging his shirt from behind and when he let go Ash stumbled forward. One of Newton's Laws of Motion.

Maybe if he had a bungy jump rope tied round his waste but a bit of shirt pulling? I know he's a streak of piss but I'm afraid he's a cheat, dives better than Tom Daley and moans like hell at every opportunity. Saying all that I had to defend him, and me, when awarding him the MOTM against West Ham. Its a sad fact but football changed when the rules changed and you couldn't tackle anyone with any commitment.

From what I remember in the 80's nobody was booked for diving, you went down because Allan Evans hacked you down and you got up off your arse to get it back, not rolled around crying like a fucking baby. I'm going to bed.   

The bungy dump rope analogy makes no sense at all in this context and you seem to be crying like a fucking baby yourself.

I'm at ease with my analogy thanks. May I suggest you lay off the Stella.

I apologise for the abusive nature of my post, Kingthing, and you are quite right that alcohol was involved in no small measure.

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2011, 01:01:07 PM »

I am sick and tired of modern day players, whether it by Young, Rooney, Heskey or Lionel Messi giving foul mouthed rants to officials - whether they play for Villa or not.

I don't think I've ever seen Messi moan at the ref.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2011, 01:04:45 PM »
Ashley needs taking down a peg or two. Going to Man Utd, or any big club, and being surrounded by much better and bigger players than him will do wonders for his game. I don't think he'll lose much of the petulance, because that stuff is only magnified with those teams, but I'm sure his game will mature as he settles down to a job that he's TOLD to do, rather than one he himself demands. 

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2011, 01:08:58 PM »
For those who are happy for Ashley to leave, here is some stats for you (Premier League Only)

(Assists/Goals - Total Villa Goals - % goals Ash responsible for)

2010/11 - 10/7 - 45 - 37.8%
2009/10 - 10/5 - 52 - 28.8%
2008/09 - 9/7 - 54 - 29.6%
2007/08 - 17/8 - 71 - 35.2%

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2011, 01:24:56 PM »
For those who are happy for Ashley to leave, here is some stats for you (Premier League Only)

(Assists/Goals - Total Villa Goals - % goals Ash responsible for)

2010/11 - 10/7 - 45 - 37.8%
2009/10 - 10/5 - 52 - 28.8%
2008/09 - 9/7 - 54 - 29.6%
2007/08 - 17/8 - 71 - 35.2%

But he swore when he scored yesterday! Bla bla bla!

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2011, 01:26:35 PM »
I just pointed out that he shouted "fuck off" at someone when he scored and wondered if anyone knew who he was looking at when he did that (it was someone off camera).

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2011, 01:44:27 PM »
I just pointed out that he shouted "fuck off" at someone when he scored and wondered if anyone knew who he was looking at when he did that (it was someone off camera).

I know. Seems though that many have been offended by it though. Pathetic really.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2011, 01:53:33 PM »
I know. Seems though that many have been offended by it though. Pathetic really.

I'm sorry SH but it is not 'pathetic' to expect someone who has a wonderful lifestyle, a job any of us would give our left arm for, and is paid obscene amounts of money to be a role model to kids to behave like a professional and not scream profanities at his colleagues in the full gaze of the watching world.

For large parts of this season he's been the club's captain and that sort of behaviour is nothing like what should be expected of Aston Villa's captain.

There will be kids who've watched that who will want to emulate their hero.  I don't want a generation of kids who think shouting 'fuck off' when they do something good at work is acceptable.  Rooney apologised when he did it directly into a camera.  Although I'm not saying Ash should publicly apologise the principle that he's done something wrong is exactly the same.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2011, 01:57:11 PM »
I don't want a generation of kids who think shouting 'fuck off' when they do something good at work is acceptable. 

I take it you haven't met many young people recently? Say, in the last thirty years?

This is a load of old nonsense, if you ask me. People bleating because Ashley Young shouted fuck off at another player.

Who really, really gives a fuck beyond giving them another reason to say "well, he was shit, and he was a bad influence" when he moves to a club in a much better position this summer? After a season of being spoon fed a heap of shit week in week out by Aston Villa, I can think of 1000 things more worthy of moans than a player swearing at another one.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2011, 02:00:43 PM »
They were all at it yesterday anyway.  Looked like Collins was having second-half long arguments with all and sundry.   It's not a happy camp.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
Who really, really gives a fuck beyond giving them another reason to say "well, he was shit, and he was a bad influence" when he moves to a club in a much better position this summer? After a season of being spoon fed a heap of shit week in week out by Aston Villa, I can think of 1000 things more worthy of moans than a player swearing at another one.

The FA seemed to 'give a fuck' when they charged Rooney with bringing the game in to disrepute.

I'm not saying the FA are always right (they're generally not!) but most people agreed with that action.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »

I'm sorry SH but it is not 'pathetic' to expect someone who has a wonderful lifestyle, a job any of us would give our left arm for, and is paid obscene amounts of money to be a role model to kids to behave like a professional and not scream profanities at his colleagues in the full gaze of the watching world.

For large parts of this season he's been the club's captain and that sort of behaviour is nothing like what should be expected of Aston Villa's captain.

There will be kids who've watched that who will want to emulate their hero.  I don't want a generation of kids who think shouting 'fuck off' when they do something good at work is acceptable.  Rooney apologised when he did it directly into a camera.  Although I'm not saying Ash should publicly apologise the principle that he's done something wrong is exactly the same.

Get a grip.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2011, 02:05:40 PM »
Good player who we will miss though probably not as badly as Milner this. He will benefit from going to a bigger team as he will be around players of his level or better and will be taken down a peg or two. I don't really have much a problem with his diving and petulance as long as it benefits us which is dubious. I do have a big problem with the way the club has pandered to him letting him take every set piece and playing him through the middle.

The brute fact is that the £15-20million we will get for him will be better for us than keeping the player now. Whilst he contributes a lot our team at present is absolutely shocking and the money we will get will improve our team a great deal. I just don't think Randy will be willing to give the money needed to complete our rebuilding job without getting some money from selling a player. Indeed, it is quite unreasonable to expect him to pay the large sums needed to do it. Ideally, he would and Young will stay but I don't believe in fairy tales.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal