collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Robin Olsen by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:55:47 PM]

FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 03:53:21 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:53:05 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:49:01 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:55:47 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:54:12 PM]

Re: FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 03:53:21 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:53:05 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 03:52:33 PM]

Re: FFP by aev
[Today at 03:51:02 PM]

Re: FFP by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:50:32 PM]

Re: VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The petulance of Ashley Young  (Read 25481 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: The petulance of Ashley Young
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »
I am no fan of Young and wont be particularly sad to see him go because of his attitude. It will be less of a loss than Millner, probably no more of a loss than Barry. 

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2011, 11:30:57 AM »
Just watched the goal again on Goals on Sunday - as Young celebrates and Petrov is running towards him he shouts "Fuck Off" at someone (don't think it is at Stan).

It didn't look like it was directed at Petrov to me either. I got the impression that turning his back, pointing to his name and then saying 'fuck off' were all part of one action. Maybe he didn't like the applause at being booked.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2011, 11:31:04 AM »
Just watched the goal again on Goals on Sunday - as Young celebrates and Petrov is running towards him he shouts "Fuck Off" at someone (don't think it is at Stan).

It's just a release of frustration after scoring a great free kick.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »
I am no fan of Young and wont be particularly sad to see him go because of his attitude. It will be less of a loss than Millner, probably no more of a loss than Barry. 

Yep. We won't miss him and his assists. Good riddance.

Online luke95

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2011, 11:38:30 AM »

He should be so proud, after all it only took 1001 attempts. 

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2011, 11:38:50 AM »

Except we had Jimmy to help pick up the slack after Barry left. Who will step in for Ash?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2011, 11:39:35 AM »
Sometimes players need to be moved on, no matter what their quality. We've suffered this season from pandering to Young by keeping him on the park. Why we ever play him through the middle I don't know.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2011, 11:40:39 AM »

Except we had Jimmy to help pick up the slack after Barry left. Who will step in for Ash?
N'Zogbia.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2011, 11:42:31 AM »

yes because inbetween scoring those freekicks he's done nothing for the team whatsoever. Those assists  that have kept us in the Premier League were just a dream after all.

Online Stu

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »
Sometimes players need to be moved on, no matter what their quality. We've suffered this season from pandering to Young by keeping him on the park. Why we ever play him through the middle I don't know.

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be going, I just find it disappointing the amount of pelters he's getting on here. He's a great player, we'll miss him and it makes me sad all day :(

Online luke95

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2011, 11:49:38 AM »

yes because inbetween scoring those freekicks he's done nothing for the team whatsoever. Those assists  that have kept us in the Premier League were just a dream after all.
"Those assists have kept us in the Premier League"...lol,  if his assits had got us in the Champions League id be more than happy to sing his prasies. 

Online Stu

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2011, 11:53:11 AM »

"Those assists have kept us in the Premier League"...lol,  if his assits had got us in the Champions League id be more than happy to sing his prasies. 

Hang on, so are you saying it's AY's fault we didn't qualify for the CL? Or are you saying that helping us to avoid relegation doesn't matter? Not getting in the CL was disappointing, getting relegated would have been a total disaster.

Online luke95

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2011, 12:19:37 PM »

Hang on, so are you saying it's AY's fault we didn't qualify for the CL? Or are you saying that helping us to avoid relegation doesn't matter? Not getting in the CL was disappointing, getting relegated would have been a total disaster.

His assists/pens/freekicks have helped us aviod relegation , doesnt that say something about his assists/pens/freekicks ?? Like they are very few & far between..?
There must be a stat somewhere out there of all his free kicks , penalties & assists that he has tried/wasted to all those that have come off . I'm no betting man but id be pretty certain its a very small percentage that have actually come off.   

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2011, 12:27:47 PM »
If we're talking about his delivery from dead balls, there was a classic example yesterday when he went to take a corner.  The vast majority of our players were way past the back post and no one was nearer Ash than the penalty spot.  They've obviously finally realised that Ash won't change from overhitting every corner so they might as well just deal with it!!

Online Stu

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2011, 12:30:58 PM »
His assists/pens/freekicks have helped us aviod relegation , doesnt that say something about his assists/pens/freekicks ?? Like they are very few & far between..?

Yes. That they've helped us avoid relegation.

If you're only going to cheer our players when we get into the CL, you might be waiting for a long time. Why only focus this on AY though? You could apply this to almost every member of the first team squad. Or do you think its all AY's fault that we're where we are? Most of the team, particularly the defense, has been total shite all season.

There must be a stat somewhere out there of all his free kicks , penalties & assists that he has tried/wasted to all those that have come off . I'm no betting man but id be pretty certain its a very small percentage that have actually come off.   

So what? The entire team has underperformed this season, I don't know why you're concentrating on AY. Remember that he worked and scored the equaliser pretty much on his own yesterday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal