collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Mister E
[Today at 11:34:56 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:33:36 AM]

Robin Olsen by London Villan
[Today at 11:32:24 AM]

Champions League Contention by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 11:32:04 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Lsvilla
[Today at 11:22:37 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:18 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Nev
[Today at 11:16:38 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The petulance of Ashley Young  (Read 25461 times)

Offline Villa'Zawg

Re: The petulance of Ashley Young
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 12:01:27 AM »
agree 100% - I cheered when he was booked.

And I tell you this, he was lucky to be on the pitch coz he clearly dived in the first half trying to get a penalty = something no one seems to have picked up on.

To me , Ashley Young epitomises everything that is wrong with modern day footballers - get rid, I dont care how bloody skillful he is - he is fast turning into the modern era Steve Hodge !

However, saying that, I did think he played quite well today - however, I then get home to find Capello was in the stand - so thats the reason why !

You need to take a trip to the perspective clinic.

Offline Tony

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 12:03:52 AM »
Lionel Messi not only doesn't seem to abuse refs, his second away at Real Madrid the other week was a perfect example of the benefits of staying on your feet, he could easily have gone down, he didn't he scored and even when he's foulded he gets right back up again.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 12:20:44 AM »

And I tell you this, he was lucky to be on the pitch coz he clearly dived in the first half trying to get a penalty = something no one seems to have picked up on.

To me , Ashley Young epitomises everything that is wrong with modern day footballers - get rid, I dont care how bloody skillful he is - he is fast turning into the modern era Steve Hodge !

However, saying that, I did think he played quite well today - however, I then get home to find Capello was in the stand - so thats the reason why !

You need to take a trip to the perspective clinic.

Whatever happened to the word filter for Hodge-face?

When AY goes at the end of the season I'll miss him loads, he's a brilliant footballer. Why he's getting so much stick is beyond me. Today he got fouled, got up and banged the resulting freekick into the net. That's what top players do.

His pointing at the shirt antics are weird though, and I saw him mouthing 'fuck off' to Stan on his way over to celebrate, but I imagine this was some sort of dressing room banter.

Perhaps people are just preparing themselves for when he leaves, its easier to let go if everyone thinks he was a wanker.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 12:22:37 AM »
Yes I did !!!!

I dont give a toss of he plays for Villa or not - he was an utter disgrace.

I am sick and tired of modern day players, whether it by Young, Rooney, Heskey or Lionel Messi giving foul mouthed rants to officials - whether they play for Villa or not.

My 11 yr old son is in a successful team - champions of their league. I help out with his team - I make sure his team are 100% ceorteous and sporting at all times to both officials, parents and the oppostion.

Sorry mate, if you think Ashley Young being paid 70000 a week and then thinking he has the right to go around shouting and swearing at officials is acceptable, that is your problem not mine !

I applaud the ref for doing it, and whether it be a Villa player, Blues or even a Crawley Town player - the day the ref red cards a player for swearing at him - I will applaud as well !

Football is becoming a disgrace - and Ashley Young epitomises it (as well as Emile Heskey - who should have been sent off as well , and even Kyle Walker for doing a dive that Tom Daly couldn't match !

The Villa were a disgrace today !

I think you should take up knitting or something.

Offline Tony

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 12:40:24 AM »

He really doesn't, Steve Hodge is on a completely different planet, Ashley Young has not came back from an England game and demanded a transfer, this is not a fair comparison at all.

Online Karlos96

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 12:50:57 AM »
When he was booked there was quite a number around me in the Lower Holte who cheered.  To be honest I am glad he was booked I can't stand players mouthing off at the officials they should be booked that sort of attitude should be stamped out.  When I watched him do that today all I thought was you'll fit right in at Man Utd or Liverpool next season.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 01:14:17 AM »

He did not throw himself to the ground on this occasion.

A defender was slyly tugging his shirt from behind and when he let go Ash stumbled forward. One of Newton's Laws of Motion.

Maybe if he had a bungy jump rope tied round his waste but a bit of shirt pulling? I know he's a streak of piss but I'm afraid he's a cheat, dives better than Tom Daley and moans like hell at every opportunity. Saying all that I had to defend him, and me, when awarding him the MOTM against West Ham. Its a sad fact but football changed when the rules changed and you couldn't tackle anyone with any commitment.

From what I remember in the 80's nobody was booked for diving, you went down because Allan Evans hacked you down and you got up off your arse to get it back, not rolled around crying like a fucking baby. I'm going to bed.   

The bungy dump rope analogy makes no sense at all in this context and you seem to be crying like a fucking baby yourself.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 01:22:45 AM »
The bungy dump rope analogy makes no sense at all in this context and you seem to be crying like a fucking baby yourself.

Don't be daft, no need for that.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 01:24:43 AM »
Pack it in, please.

Online astonvillan

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 03:23:27 AM »
When AY goes at the end of the season I'll miss him loads, he's a brilliant footballer. Why he's getting so much stick is beyond me. Today he got fouled, got up and banged the resulting freekick into the net. That's what top players do.

His pointing at the shirt antics are weird though, and I saw him mouthing 'fuck off' to Stan on his way over to celebrate, but I imagine this was some sort of dressing room banter.

he wasn't fouled. not even close. he'd almost hit the floor by the time the challenge came in.

his pointing to his name and screaming 'fuck off' was quite hilarious for someone who has managed to get just two direct free kicks on target all season.

done nothing for two years and speaks volumes that the game against west ham was his best since 2008 but like you say, that's what 'top', world class, geniuses can do..

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 04:30:47 AM »

here here

Offline Simba

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 07:08:13 AM »
 Actually, taking THIS game as the sample. He played well, but not as well as he can. I was impressed with his effort and obvious frustration as he couldn't get into the game, especially second half.

He didn't complain when he went down in the area. Just got on with it.

Capello at VP? Well that explains a lot to me. He wanted to shine and is being used incorrectly so was frustrated.

But in regards to his whinging today ( or any other game) - too much, too constant, and mostly without reason. Shut up Ash FGS.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 08:18:53 AM »

He did not throw himself to the ground on this occasion.

A defender was slyly tugging his shirt from behind and when he let go Ash stumbled forward. One of Newton's Laws of Motion.

Maybe if he had a bungy jump rope tied round his waste but a bit of shirt pulling? I know he's a streak of piss but I'm afraid he's a cheat, dives better than Tom Daley and moans like hell at every opportunity. Saying all that I had to defend him, and me, when awarding him the MOTM against West Ham. Its a sad fact but football changed when the rules changed and you couldn't tackle anyone with any commitment.

From what I remember in the 80's nobody was booked for diving, you went down because Allan Evans hacked you down and you got up off your arse to get it back, not rolled around crying like a fucking baby. I'm going to bed.   

I'm at ease with my analogy thanks. May I suggest you lay off the Stella.

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 08:33:22 AM »

Oh come on, you're taking the piss.

I have to say, I applauded when he was booked too. The ego and petulance of the player knows no bounds and just sets an incredibly poor example. The thing that really bothers me is that we know how good he can be, but all this attitude and hurling insults and shouting at the referees and lines people simply detracts from his game - it wins him nothing, but the disdain of some of his own fans. Its simply not needed. He's good enough to beat these players with his skill alone, so it does make me angry and slightly sad when the ego and attitude takes over. As said, he will fit in perfectly at somewhere like Manchester United, simply becuase he can't take that billy big bollocks attitude there. He'll have to prove himself and fall back on his skill and ability. And he'll be a better player for that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 08:38:03 AM by Mr Diggles »

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2011, 10:19:24 AM »
We would have lost the game if it wasn't for Young yesterday but all you read on here is, "he dives, he cheats, he moans at the ref, he's a disgrace".

What a load of bollocks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal