collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by The Edge
[Today at 11:12:35 PM]

Athletics 2023/2024 by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 10:57:20 PM]

Season Review 23/24 by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:56:22 PM]

Alex Moreno - shirt stretched by Lizz
[Today at 10:38:40 PM]

Ross Barkley: Coming back? by john e
[Today at 10:30:29 PM]

The End of the Line - David O'Leary by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 10:25:11 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:16:25 PM]

The International Cricket Thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 09:25:56 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by The Edge
[Today at 11:12:35 PM]

Re: Athletics 2023/2024 by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 10:57:20 PM]

Re: Season Review 23/24 by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:56:22 PM]

Re: Athletics 2023/2024 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:55:59 PM]

Re: Alex Moreno - shirt stretched by Lizz
[Today at 10:38:40 PM]

Re: Athletics 2023/2024 by charlatan
[Today at 10:37:08 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by john e
[Today at 10:30:29 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by Richard
[Today at 10:26:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The future of Houllier and McAllister?  (Read 350706 times)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: The future of Houllier and McAllister?
« Reply #1500 on: May 29, 2011, 10:13:26 AM »
I haven't got a day off on Wednesday and would like to add, for the record, that you are a pair of bastards for making me work while you are skiving.

I've got a day off on Wednesday as well.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #1501 on: May 29, 2011, 10:21:57 AM »
The point I'm making is one that's not based on his record last season, or his ability, its his physical and mental state that to me says, no can do. Regardless of what these medical blokes say because they are not going to be there on the touch line, when we have our backs to the wall facing some scouse onslaught in a game, needing our manager to be going frantic at the lads to step it up, and he simply can't do it, he can't get involved.

Mr Houllier resigned from Liverpool on health and stepped down from Lyon because of pressure from the chairman for poor performance saying he was exhausted and needed a break.

This heart problem he has is one that is normally congenital (This is a defect in the aorta, the main artery that carries oxygen-rich blood to the body. In a healthy heart, the aorta is attached to the left ventricle. This allows only oxygen-rich blood to flow to the body.
In tetralogy of Fallot, the aorta is between the left and right ventricles, directly over the VSD. As a result, oxygen-poor blood from the right ventricle flows directly into the aorta instead of into the pulmonary artery to the lungs. Problems can occur when a greater flow of a blood/oxygen mix is required beyond the normal flow rate.)

The only point I'm making is, we have got over the MON era and the hangover that gave us, we now need a management team in place with a 5 year plan, the club needs that, the players need that (definably) and I think the fans need it IMO, also, surely Lerner needs it if he is about to invest further countless millions on rebuilding a side that may well be about to be ripped apart in the transfer market, thing is Houllier simply can't do that. IMO.

Excellent post Villanation - concurring.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #1502 on: May 29, 2011, 10:28:29 AM »
The point I'm making is one that's not based on his record last season, or his ability, its his physical and mental state that to me says, no can do. Regardless of what these medical blokes say because they are not going to be there on the touch line, when we have our backs to the wall facing some scouse onslaught in a game, needing our manager to be going frantic at the lads to step it up, and he simply can't do it, he can't get involved.

Mr Houllier resigned from Liverpool on health and stepped down from Lyon because of pressure from the chairman for poor performance saying he was exhausted and needed a break.

This heart problem he has is one that is normally congenital (This is a defect in the aorta, the main artery that carries oxygen-rich blood to the body. In a healthy heart, the aorta is attached to the left ventricle. This allows only oxygen-rich blood to flow to the body.
In tetralogy of Fallot, the aorta is between the left and right ventricles, directly over the VSD. As a result, oxygen-poor blood from the right ventricle flows directly into the aorta instead of into the pulmonary artery to the lungs. Problems can occur when a greater flow of a blood/oxygen mix is required beyond the normal flow rate.)

The only point I'm making is, we have got over the MON era and the hangover that gave us, we now need a management team in place with a 5 year plan, the club needs that, the players need that (definably) and I think the fans need it IMO, also, surely Lerner needs it if he is about to invest further countless millions on rebuilding a side that may well be about to be ripped apart in the transfer market, thing is Houllier simply can't do that. IMO.

Sounds good, copied directly from the Interweb, but sounds good.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #1503 on: May 29, 2011, 10:31:43 AM »
I'm off on Wednesday too, going to see Fleet Foxes down in That London.

I'll be checking H&V on the train instead of reading "RAPED BY MY GRANDFATHER'S GHOST - AND I'M EXPECTING TWINS" type stories in Take A Break.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1504 on: May 29, 2011, 10:42:08 AM »
I had all of next week booked off but as I'm a parasitic public sector worker I cancelled it due to pressure of work caused, in part, by redundancies.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1505 on: May 29, 2011, 10:49:39 AM »
See, one thing I really don't understand is this 'reviewing medical reports' stuff.
Houllier came to us (IIRC) after ungoing medical tests and him telling us that 'has never been fitter'.
Then, within 7 months he has his relapse and his long term health is put into question again.
There are now suggestions that his condition is not stress related, and that his profession does not mean he is more or less likely to have another episode.
But, there just has to be a correlation between his relapse and the stresss of the job. It can't be co-incidence, can it ?

Given that, WHATEVER, the latest reports say, even if they come back saying 'Gerard is fitter than a butchers dog' - it will actually mean bugger all, surely.

The risk is always there with Houllier, the board must do the right thing and tell him that he has to step down to try and protect him a little, and to protect the club.

Oh, and I'm working Wednesday.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1506 on: May 29, 2011, 10:53:23 AM »
Im off on Wed in Ibiza , will be busy rehearsing for my gig on thursday night. so will have to use my fone to get H&V to find out whats happening...     I think G-Hou will be staying .

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1507 on: May 29, 2011, 10:53:40 AM »
I've got Monday and Tuesday off, but not Wednesday. I'm so upset.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #1508 on: May 29, 2011, 11:03:38 AM »

Sounds good, copied directly from the Interweb, but sounds good.
Couldn't agree more. It's exactly what we need....a bit of stability...players are more likely to stay/join if they know what's going on!

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #1509 on: May 29, 2011, 11:10:28 AM »
See, one thing I really don't understand is this 'reviewing medical reports' stuff.
Houllier came to us (IIRC) after ungoing medical tests and him telling us that 'has never been fitter'.
Then, within 7 months he has his relapse and his long term health is put into question again.
There are now suggestions that his condition is not stress related, and that his profession does not mean he is more or less likely to have another episode.
But, there just has to be a correlation between his relapse and the stresss of the job. It can't be co-incidence, can it ?

Given that, WHATEVER, the latest reports say, even if they come back saying 'Gerard is fitter than a butchers dog' - it will actually mean bugger all, surely.

The risk is always there with Houllier, the board must do the right thing and tell him that he has to step down to try and protect him a little, and to protect the club.

Oh, and I'm working Wednesday.
You couldn't be more right andyh!
Surley Lerner needs to put the club's interests (and all that that involves: players, fans, the business!) above any individual. It's a shame GH is ill, but he is, so let's get on with building for the future by making the decisions NOW!
And I've got all bloody week off!!!!
Off to VP today to get my two boys screened for (IRONICALLY!!!) heart problems and calling to the Clearance tent...will NRC be there?

Offline villan1975

« Reply #1510 on: May 29, 2011, 11:46:10 AM »
Wednesday cannot come around quick enough.
The continued vacuum whether real or not is leaving the press to run riot.
We need a leader/spokesman for the club now.
Sunday Express saying Darreen Bent will have to consider his future at Aston Villa if Downing and Young leave.

Offline villanois

« Reply #1511 on: May 29, 2011, 04:11:52 PM »
I'm confused ! Does he have tetralogy of fallot ? This is a birth defect.
My understanding was that he has an aortic aneurysm and a previous surgery when at Liverpoo for an aortic dissection of an aneurysm.

I work in an intensive care unit here in the U.S and frequently take care of patients with aortic aneurysms and/or dissections. When explaining the condition to families and patients I use an inner tube of a bicycle wheel as a comparison to the Aorta. If an area of the "inner tube" weakens a bulge will appear. This bulging area obviously is not only already weakened but is now under more pressure and is at great risk of rupturing. A factor in the area of the inner tube becoming weak is that possibly there was too much air in the tire (or in the case of the Aorta - high blood pressure). The high blood pressure adds pressure to the weakened area and management of blood pressure is the primary treatment for aortic aneurysm. If blood pressure management does not work the there is a further risk of dissection (see surgery at Liverpoo).
While the aneurysm maybe controllable and Mr Houlliers associates are talking about him getting a clean bill of health, this in my opinion is the difference between telling the owner of a bicycle that it would be okay for a ride around the park once a week versus riding in the tour de france which is football management.

I had a minor surgery last week and I am off work until july the 3rd

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1512 on: May 29, 2011, 06:18:05 PM »
I'd rather be at work than watching SSN all day.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1513 on: May 29, 2011, 06:35:08 PM »
I'd rather be at work than watching SSN all day.

Too right, brain rot right there.  It's not as if by watching it will change the decision or make it come any sooner.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #1514 on: May 29, 2011, 06:42:59 PM »
I'm confused ! Does he have tetralogy of fallot ? This is a birth defect.
My understanding was that he has an aortic aneurysm and a previous surgery when at Liverpoo for an aortic dissection of an aneurysm.

I work in an intensive care unit here in the U.S and frequently take care of patients with aortic aneurysms and/or dissections. When explaining the condition to families and patients I use an inner tube of a bicycle wheel as a comparison to the Aorta. If an area of the "inner tube" weakens a bulge will appear. This bulging area obviously is not only already weakened but is now under more pressure and is at great risk of rupturing. A factor in the area of the inner tube becoming weak is that possibly there was too much air in the tire (or in the case of the Aorta - high blood pressure). The high blood pressure adds pressure to the weakened area and management of blood pressure is the primary treatment for aortic aneurysm. If blood pressure management does not work the there is a further risk of dissection (see surgery at Liverpoo).
While the aneurysm maybe controllable and Mr Houlliers associates are talking about him getting a clean bill of health, this in my opinion is the difference between telling the owner of a bicycle that it would be okay for a ride around the park once a week versus riding in the tour de france which is football management.

I had a minor surgery last week and I am off work until july the 3rd

Excellent post. It's been bad enough reading all the ill informed posts referring to GH's "heart problem" as if he's going to keel over any minute with a heart attack when it's nothing to do with myocardial infarction, but confusing a dissected aorta with a tetralogy of fallot is really not very helpful. It's easy enough to look it up. Just type "Aortic dissection" into wiki and Bob's your uncle.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal