collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How big a derby is Coventry for us Villa fans?  (Read 47999 times)

Online rob_bridge

Re: How big a derby is Coventry for us Villa fans?
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2011, 11:22:37 PM »
Coventry is a shit hole. A small minded city with a smaller minded bunch of shitheads making up a higher than healthy proportion of the populace. We have 2 local rivals - one more so than the other.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2011, 11:35:48 PM »
the new generation hate 'fester'.

Also known as 'incester' by the Cov fans

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2011, 11:40:08 PM »
I allways feel a bit sorry for Cov fans because they are so sad, I used to like going to Highfield Road as an away game except that Boxing Day when Mickey fkin Quinn scored a hatrick i think. They used to be our feeder club.

Online TonyD

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2011, 11:43:22 PM »
I used to like it when we played Cov. Always a good game going to HR and VP for the games except for the one when the Scouse spit the dog bloke undid at HR on Boxing Day.

Offline willywombat

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2011, 05:26:28 AM »
I used to like it when we played Cov. Always a good game going to HR and VP for the games except for the one when the Scouse spit the dog bloke undid at HR on Boxing Day.

That was the game where Paul McGrath subsequently admitted to being pissed wasn't it? The whole day was a f*cking misery, went in a mates car that kept breaking down so had to get out and push as car loads of felchers drove past taking the piss. Stood in that poxy open end watched us get taken apart then got attacked on the way back to the car

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2011, 12:17:59 PM »
Probably never  bigger than 2nd round league cup or 3rd round FA cup match.
After this season they will be having to win a game or two to get that far and even be in the hat with the us.

Offline eastie

« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
I allways feel a bit sorry for Cov fans because they are so sad, I used to like going to Highfield Road as an away game except that Boxing Day when Mickey fkin Quinn scored a hatrick i think. They used to be our feeder club.

Quinn only scored 2 goals that day, rosario got the other.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2011, 08:46:40 PM »
Every year they used to throw all sorts over the barrier with the stewards doing nowt, until the year they sang "getting sacked in the morning" when some loon vaulted the barrier and banjoed this Cov arse into next Monday.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2011, 09:44:09 PM »
Coventry is a shit hole. A small minded city with a smaller minded bunch of shitheads making up a higher than healthy proportion of the populace. We have 2 local rivals - one more so than the other.

An interesting assessment. It's also totally wrong.

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2011, 09:34:39 AM »
I always slightly hope we draw them away in the FA Cup 3rd round or the Carling Cup, 6000 Villa there taking the piss would be a laugh (when Lerner and McLeish have fucked off though so i can go). They would get their biggest crowd ever at their new ground for us, i think the only time they've sold out previously was against Chelsea in the cup?

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2011, 12:48:38 PM »
I always slightly hope we draw them away in the FA Cup 3rd round or the Carling Cup, 6000 Villa there taking the piss would be a laugh (when Lerner and McLeish have fucked off though so i can go).
Can you also stop posting shite until lerner and mcleish 'fuck off'. Pretty please

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2011, 01:13:24 PM »
I always slightly hope we draw them away in the FA Cup 3rd round or the Carling Cup, 6000 Villa there taking the piss would be a laugh (when Lerner and McLeish have fucked off though so i can go). They would get their biggest crowd ever at their new ground for us, i think the only time they've sold out previously was against Chelsea in the cup?

I hope McLeish is with us for 20 years, you can go and support the Baggies - they hate the Villa as much as you do.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2011, 02:34:39 PM »

Are you sure, because I was there and the way I remembered it Quinn got all three. Secondly, I find the Rosario bit unlikely. Isn't he the striker who made Carl Leaburn look prolific?

Offline eastie

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »

Are you sure, because I was there and the way I remembered it Quinn got all three. Secondly, I find the Rosario bit unlikely. Isn't he the striker who made Carl Leaburn look prolific?

Positive , i was there too and have the highlights on a dvd -quinn scored twice and rosario got the other-dreadful day and put a real damper on the festive season.

Where Quinn had pacy wide players stretching the defence, notably Kevin Gallacher, Saunders had to forage ever deeper for the ball. The wing play of the injured Stephen Froggatt was vital to his early success, and Coventry's second, expertly converted by the right boot of Quinn after Rosario's cross, was a reminder of an element Villa have lost.

Rosario, after a reciprocal gesture by Quinn, completed a burst of three goals in 10 minutes, and it could have been more. After Ron Atkinson's angry rebuke - 'The worst performance since I've been at the club . . . we were hopeless and then we got worse' - Villa will relish an immediate opportunity to redeem themselves against Arsenal tonight.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-quinns-essential-instincts-coventry-prey-on-contenders-1565707.html

Offline Damo70

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2011, 03:09:25 PM »
Typical. Now I think about it, I'm sure Carl bloody Leaburn managed to score against us too!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal