collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by itbrvilla
[Today at 05:15:56 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 05:15:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 05:15:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 05:12:30 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by nigel
[Today at 05:10:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:10:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 05:08:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 05:07:30 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How big a derby is Coventry for us Villa fans?  (Read 47981 times)

Offline wombat

Re: How big a derby is Coventry for us Villa fans?
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2011, 09:08:28 AM »
Typical. Now I think about it, I'm sure Carl bloody Leaburn managed to score against us too!

Yes he did for Charlton........ home and away! One at Charlton where Spink goes AWOL and the commentator says something along the lines of 'What are Villa doing? What is Spink doing? Villa in total disarray and Leaburn makes it two, terrible defending from Villa'.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2011, 10:27:56 AM »
You know what this is?

It's the world's smallest derby just for the Coventry City fans.

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2011, 03:01:26 PM »
I always slightly hope we draw them away in the FA Cup 3rd round or the Carling Cup, 6000 Villa there taking the piss would be a laugh (when Lerner and McLeish have fucked off though so i can go). They would get their biggest crowd ever at their new ground for us, i think the only time they've sold out previously was against Chelsea in the cup?

I hope McLeish is with us for 20 years, you can go and support the Baggies - they hate the Villa as much as you do.
Haha what a fanny.

Offline Ryu

« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2011, 07:41:35 PM »
"Haha what a fanny."

Worst.  Post. Ever.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2011, 07:44:50 PM »
Coventry is a shit hole. A small minded city with a smaller minded bunch of shitheads making up a higher than healthy proportion of the populace. We have 2 local rivals - one more so than the other.

Small minded? You've just tarred about 300,000 people with the same brush mate.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2011, 08:33:31 PM »
Typical. Now I think about it, I'm sure Carl bloody Leaburn managed to score against us too!

Yes he did for Charlton........ home and away! One at Charlton where Spink goes AWOL and the commentator says something along the lines of 'What are Villa doing? What is Spink doing? Villa in total disarray and Leaburn makes it two, terrible defending from Villa'.

It was Brian Moore - "What's Spink doing? And what's he doing now?!" Good old Brian's voice was getting more high pitched with every word. It was on the season highlights video (88-89 I think) and I took great delight in showing my mate who worshipped Nigel Spink.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2011, 08:50:58 AM »
Seriously bc villa, why don't you fuck off? Most people come crawling out of the woodwork when things go well, you got it all arse about face, moan moan moan. Bore off, bet you were well gutted with the win yesterday

On the actual subject of the thread, its gunna be interesting to see their attendances next year from league 1

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2011, 09:22:27 AM »
I always slightly hope we draw them away in the FA Cup 3rd round or the Carling Cup, 6000 Villa there taking the piss would be a laugh (when Lerner and McLeish have fucked off though so i can go). They would get their biggest crowd ever at their new ground for us, i think the only time they've sold out previously was against Chelsea in the cup?

I hope McLeish is with us for 20 years, you can go and support the Baggies - they hate the Villa as much as you do.
Haha what a fanny.

You must be gutted that we won again and are sixth in the table while your new team threw away a two goal lead.  You're not boinging anymore.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2011, 08:30:52 PM »
Why does this thread rear its head every now and then? 

Must have closet cov fan's on the boards, because for the life of me, I cant see any Villa fan giving a toss what bloody crowd they might draw on Saturday..

Offline willywombat

« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2011, 09:01:19 PM »
Why does this thread rear its head every now and then? 

Must have closet cov fan's on the boards, because for the life of me, I cant see any Villa fan giving a toss what bloody crowd they might draw on Saturday..

My sentiments exactly. They interest me as much as Notts County or Oxford Utd ie not at all

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2011, 09:48:12 PM »
The only time i actually remember coventry exists is when i pass through it on the train... No Coventry City is not a derby for me.

Offline AVFCRob

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2011, 02:18:34 PM »
One of my worst days as a Villa fan was when Cov held us 0-0 at our place on the same day that Steve Bruce scored twice for Man U in injury time to beat Sheff Weds 2-1 when we were both going for the title ('91,'92?).

Cov players and Bobby Gould celebrating like they'd won the FA Cup final then getting back to Aston station and getting gobbed on by Cov fans as their football special train went past.

Horrible on too many levels to ever fully forget!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal