collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% villa -Coventry city on the brink?  (Read 74657 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: 0% villa -Coventry city on the brink?
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »
To be fair i think eastie's comment was probably Tongue in cheek so cut him a little slack

and he is only 19!

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2011, 09:32:51 PM »
So that makes you 235 then?!

Offline peter w

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2011, 09:39:26 PM »
I'm backing out of this.
There seems to be a lot of animosity towards a club most of you apparently don't care about.

Yeah, I couldn't give a shit about Coventry. but in this emotional, irrational world of football that we all exist within, when someone explicitly hates what is dear to you then you'll react when what's dear to them could possibly be taken away. Survive, don't survive I couldn't give a shit. But I certainly won't shed a tear for them. Or a signature on a petition. Or my piss to dous any of their bonfires. Sod 'em.

Offline Rico

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »
I lived and worked in Nuneaton, which is a stone's through from Cov, for 6 years. I actually believe most Cov fans hate Villa more than our knuckle dragging friends from across thẹ city. And yes they refer to us as thẹ scum. It's weird because I don't know any Villa fans who give a toss about them. Very strange area! Considering it's not too far from Brum, I hardly ever met any Villa fans, but came across plenty of Man ure and red scouse fans. Hope they don't go bust, but equally hope we don't ever have to play them ever again.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »
I recall being very happy when we relegated them in 2001. From the day following that to this I haven't given Coventry City a second's thought.

Offline eastie

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »
To be fair i think eastie's comment was probably Tongue in cheek so cut him a little slack

and he is only 19!

I wish I was 19 aftab, I'm 45 as it happens!

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 10:01:05 PM »
I'm backing out of this.
There seems to be a lot of animosity towards a club most of you apparently don't care about.

Back away

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:09:30 PM by WikiVilla »

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 10:11:44 PM »
As I say, there but for the grace of McGrath go us, think how you would feel if it was Villa in that situation, and it's not so far fetched either.
But if it makes you feel good that fellow football fans could be losing their club carry on, I personally wish them all the best and hope they get through this.

Offline peter w

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 10:14:45 PM »
As I say, there but for the grace of McGrath go us, think how you would feel if it was Villa in that situation, and it's not so far fetched either.
But if it makes you feel good that fellow football fans could be losing their club carry on, I personally wish them all the best and hope they get through this.

Pointless question asking us how we would feel if Vila were in this situation. Its like saying how would you feel if your dad died. and how we should feel if someone elses dad died even if he had spent his whole life spitting abuse at your dad.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 10:14:51 PM »
I wonder how many Coventry supporters are these mythical Villa-hating monsters of legend and how many are exactly like us.

Offline eastie

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2011, 10:15:16 PM »
Hey wiki, a ken Dodd fan I believe from your signature- remember big Ron got stan boardman in before we beat man u - as we are up there in Liverpool  maybe GED  could get doddy in to do a turn?

( yes, it is Tongue in cheek).

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 10:16:28 PM »
DC have u had the pleasure of that walk back from Highfield to the station

Offline peter w

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2011, 10:17:15 PM »
I wonder how many Coventry supporters are these mythical Villa-hating monsters of legend and how many are exactly like us.

You could say the same as fans of The Shit. yes they are like us, but why should we care for them or their clubs? because we're all in this together? That's nonsense.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »

You could say the same as fans of The Shit. yes they are like us, but why should we care for them or their clubs? because we're all in this together? That's nonsense.

Why is it?

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2011, 10:22:22 PM »
Hey wiki, a ken Dodd fan I believe from your signature- remember big Ron got stan boardman in before we beat man u - as we are up there in Liverpool  maybe GED  could get doddy in to do a turn?

( yes, it is Tongue in cheek).

It's like they ALL need a big blowout before they start afresh

Leicester spa gate may have offered that opportunity but GED and the mute facked off to watch spurzzz !!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal