collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Barry Bannan to Leeds on loan.  (Read 47029 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Barry Bannan to Leeds on loan.
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2011, 10:15:56 AM »
Pointless keeping a player around on the off chance we'll suffer catastrophic injuries again. If you become paranoid about that you wouldn't loan anybody out and nobody would benefit from it.
The lad needs football and he'll get it and at a decent level for a big club. That's good. Good for him, good for us.

If we need to put somebody in in the meantime, I believe Gary Gardner is ready to start featuring.
A player with at least twice the potential of Bannan in my opinion.
Until then, there's  Makoun, Delph, Bradley, Reo Coker, Petrov, Pires, Herd and Gardner to cover 2 positions. I think we'll be alright.
Friendly request: Please stop shitting yourselves over every little thing. It's very difficult to read this forum at the moment.

Friendly request, please stop your Chris Smith style overreaction.  Nobody's shitting themselves.  Some people just think he's better than a lot of players in your list, and that we'd be better off keeping him.  And chucking Gardner in at the arse end of a relegation battle would be absolute lunacy.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »
It's fair to say i'm shitting myself.

We've been in the shit pretty much all season, it's only the depth that's varied.

I've got to sweat over whether we can bulit Wolves Saturday week.
WOLVES! For fuck's sake.

Offline peter w

« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2011, 10:26:59 AM »
I'm not into shitting myself territory at the moment and that includes letting bannan going out on loan. When he did have a good run of games due to injury he started off brilliantly but then he struggled in his last couple of outings. Looked okay at Man City but if we're honest nobody looked anything other than okay. On the run in he'll probably get the odd run here and there and I doubt he's what we really need in our midfield at the moment - he is with other players around him, but what we have he doesn't necessarily fit right now. Give him the rest of the season at Leeds and then start again in the summer.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »
It's fair to say i'm shitting myself.

We've been in the shit pretty much all season, it's only the depth that's varied.

I've got to sweat over whether we can bulit Wolves Saturday week.
WOLVES! For fuck's sake.

Me too.I've got a bad feeling about us and have done for ages and would have taken 17th weeks ago.I'm now having nightmares that we finish on the same points on Blues but go down on goal difference

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »
I rate him highly too and if you recall, I said it years ago, but if he's going to get more football elsewhere and come back better for it, it's worth doing.
He's not the finished article or anything like it. He still has some learning to do.

Gardner is probably, no, he definitely is better equipped to deal with Premier league football if lacking experience. But I'm not suggesting "chucking him in at the arse end of a relegation battle".
Firstly, I dont think we'll be in one and secondly, he'd be used in the event of major injuries. And who's to say we couldn't recall Bannan then anyway?

And dont make me laugh about overreaction. It seems that every little thing that happens, every decision that Villa or Houllier make is met with a barrage of hysteria and poor quality repartee. It a tough job wading through it to get to any kind of proper debate. In terms of overreaction, Chris Smith is very much down the pecking order.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2011, 10:40:37 AM »
By the way, I dont mean shitting yourselves or being concerned over our position. That's only natural. I mean making a complete melodramarama over the minutiae.
It was just a polite call for a bit of reason. Nothing more.
It's becoming so I look at the pravda headlines with dread becuase no matter what it is, everything will be world war III by the time it reaches the forum.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:42:40 AM by Mazrim »

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2011, 10:41:56 AM »
Firstly, I dont think we'll be in one

eh ? wake up, smell the Horlicks
We're in the thick of it (knee deep), any less than 3 pts vs Wolves and we are up to the armpits

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2011, 10:43:44 AM »
By the way, I dont mean shitting yourselves or being concerned over our position. That's only natural. I mean making a complete melodramarama over the minutiae.

Personally I think the debate has been very good, and it's only people moaning about overreaction from one or two posters in amongst the dozens of other decent posts that is spoiling things.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2011, 10:43:48 AM »

We're in the thick of it (knee deep), any less than 3 pts vs Wolves and we are up to the armpits

We're certainly in amongst it.

You're right about Wolves. Heaven forbid we should lose to them ... that would be an absolute disaster.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2011, 10:44:05 AM »

I know where we are now, genius. I mean by the arse end of the season.
Hands up, who doesnt realise it's a very tight season and points are very much the order of the day?

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2011, 10:44:59 AM »

Personally I think the debate has been very good, and it's only people moaning about overreaction from one or two posters in amongst the dozens of other decent posts that is spoiling things.

Looking for a row are you Risso?

Offline peter w

« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »
I don't think it will take as many points as some as around now one or two teams really start to stumble. Wigan have started, Blackpool and Blackburn are doing the same. We had a poor defeat at Bolton but in all fairness we should have won - ot seems that us winning/losing depends on the make up of the back4. 17 goals against in 10 games, or 5 in 6 it doesn't really matter, the defence was looking better and we were looking more difficult to beat. We clearly need at least one of Cuellar/Collins/Dunne back to give ourselves a chance of winning the 3/4 games needed to make sure we are mid-table. We should be able to do that but I'm not taking anything for granted.

« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2011, 10:58:48 AM »
If people are feeling tetchy at the moment, it's due to our precarious position, we haven't experienced this lowly position since the last season of DOL.

It's a mixture of feeling like you're going back in time and our passion for the club translating into being bad losers.

It's always the same, if we're not doing well, things get analysed to the nth degree.

I'm fucking livid if we lose. I was like a bear with a sore bell end after the Bolton game.

« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2011, 11:11:19 AM »
It a tough job wading through it to get to any kind of proper debate. In terms of overreaction
H & V is a very broad church

Mazrim - Like Spike from Tom and Jerry when he's talking to his pup.

Risso - Effete Quentin Crisp-a-like sipping Martinis at his keyboard all day

Chris Smith - Everybody's Dad, banging on your bedroom door to turn the music down and sneering at your dress sense.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2011, 11:12:32 AM »
Heheheh. I even look like him a bit.

The collar, mainly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal