collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Knuckledragger responses this week  (Read 17604 times)

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
Re: Knuckledragger responses this week
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »
I'm non-plussed about it, but most of my Mom's side are Blues and it is nice to see them happy for a change.

UTV
The Doc

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »
When one arrived back to the hotel from Wembley his words to me were 'I bet you're gutted'.

Me 'No, not at all.  The best team on the day won.  Congratulations.'

He just stood there with his mouth open.

Exactly what I've been doing. It confuses them into a state of silence. Bless.

I've not had a single text from any of the noses I know.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2011, 02:57:02 PM »
I had a text within minutes of the final whistle (he was at the game) from one informing me "That's how it's done!". I replied with "You've just won a cup, forget about the Villa and enjoy your own teams fortunes for once."
He replied "True enough.", whatever that may mean.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »
Just read a facebook message from one who said she had a great time standing in the rain for 3 hours in a digbeth pub singing SOTV, you'd think they would come up with a new song for their biggest achievement in 136 years but no, they still talk about the Villa.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »
Was there not a roof on the pub?

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2011, 04:40:36 PM »

The impression I got from them was that they were standing out in the rain, knobheads!

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2011, 04:44:27 PM »
I had a similar "bet your gutted" message.
I replied: "Not really, it's a bit like you've just scored your second goal in a game we're winning 20-2. Well done you deserved it. Keep trying."

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2011, 04:47:41 PM »
I went to the pub with my Blues supporting mate last night who didn't go by the way sighting not being able to afford it (where before I hear you ask).  I took the 'sometimes there is nothing you can say except take your hat off to them' approach.  It seemed to have a barely acceptable effect and my night at the pub wasn't as bad as first feared.  For me, it was bitter sweet.  Because the sight of Wengers face after the 2nd went in was very funny indeed, as was the patting of Koscielnys head by some unsporting Blue nose on his way to celebrate with the rest of the players.  I fear however that the badger baiting of us is only just beginning.  Remember some of them still go on about the 96 trillion they had in attendance for the Leyland Daf Fina.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2011, 04:49:27 PM »
The only one in our office hasn't had a bad word to say, although the fact I sorted out his ticket despite loads of promises from his Blues mates has helped. I went down the fair play route last night on Facebook, which took the noses by suprise. The thing is I actually meant it. 

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2011, 04:52:50 PM »
I am surprised that I feel relieved that they have won something. I knew it would happen one day (just by the law of averages) and I reckon they deserve their moment in the sun. I am also pleased for the couple of mates I have who are season ticket holders at The Sty as they a true football supporters who have followed their team through bad and bad whilst always being under the shadow of the Villa without complaint and showing admirable stoicism.

Whilst the rivalry between the two sets of supporters should always exists I would hope (and it seems to be the case reading previous posts) that we can congratulate them on a job well done- the look of disbelief amongst the Arsenal fans who display the same arrogance and unwarranted superiority as their Manager was a real plus point.

Offline RunRickyRun

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2011, 08:40:30 PM »
I work in Marston Green so am surrounded by them. It's funny that the ones giving the grief are the ones who don't go to games...

I've congratulated the few decent ones though. The healthy sense of humour you develop following the Villa comes in handy at times like these.

Offline mikeb1982

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2011, 08:50:40 PM »

They trashed it when they knocked us out, still haven't fixed it....

Offline ChrissyPrice

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »
As soon as the offside/non-penalty thing happened I realised I might actually want them to win it. It's always the Sky 4 that get those calls. And as a couple of people have said the fawning over Arsenal in the media is ridiculous.

And as I live in London all I had to deal with was usually smug Arse fans looking a little crestfallen. It must be said that the Blues win seems to have given neutrals quite a bit of pleasure here.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »
I work with one Bluenose, who was absent today. That will draw the sting a little, but as this does not directly affect Villa, their history or their future I shall say well played and well-deserved. If we'd have lost to them in the final I would feel worse about it but there's no point being jealous as our day will come again.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2011, 02:20:37 AM »
I had to sit in the pub with my nose mates and listen to a load of shit !!! was diplomatic and then moved on with my Villa mates. Was hard but if they get relegated this will mean nothing ..........

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal