collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why do I give valuable time...  (Read 16892 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Why do I give valuable time...
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2012, 08:03:06 PM »
Well you must care to some degree Dave otherwise you wouldn't keep posting on this type of thread. *winky*

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2012, 08:20:11 PM »
I don't go very often.  I did for a few years when I was a teenager but then started playing rugby at a fairly high standard where I was playing saturdays and training monday and wednesday.  Since I stopped playing rugby I've got too used to saturdays at home with the kids who are too young to go watch sport so no doing.

I'll be looking at starting to go watching sport a lot with my little boy in a few years and, even if it's shit, I can guarantee most of that will be going to watch Villa (with the odd rugby and cricket game thrown in), that I know this will happen despite the fact that I hate watching us at the minute (but still feel empty inside if I can't find a stream) makes me realise that it's clearly something that is in the blood and we can't do anything about.

Offline The Villan On The Wirral

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2012, 08:23:17 PM »
Because if you went to Chelsea you'd know why, get over it, move on and enjoy the good times.

Absolutely agree with this.I posted on twitter at the time that that win was for the 700-800 who went down.

Following Aston Villa is a long,frustrating and sometimes glorious journey.Keep the faith.

Up the Villa

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2012, 08:29:18 PM »
It is a long journey. I think being plunged into the 3rd Division set me up to appreciate everything that followed. As it happens, they were great days. You have to make a day of it. It is not just football.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2012, 08:31:23 PM »
You have to make a day of it. It is not just football.

My mate said the same thing to me yesterday. It's not just the game, win lose or draw, it's normally a good day out.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2012, 08:49:06 PM »
Its all about the beer. Few beers. QPR few more beers then Snobs. Quality!

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 09:41:20 AM »
Well you must care to some degree Dave otherwise you wouldn't keep posting on this type of thread. *winky*

Touché and all that.

Offline Aston Manor

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2012, 08:29:56 PM »
I persist with Villa because they're like heroin. They can give me a high like no adrenalin rush that can ever be explained. EG Wembley, Rotterdam, Everton 3-2... but they can give me lows that  are just bad trips, 86-87, 03-03-03 etc. But mostly it is a dependency jus to see me through the humdrum of what is turgid, middle-of-the road normality until I die. I sometimes wish I didn't have this dependency but can't shake it. And as any addict will tell you you can only get off it if YOU want to. I do but I don't. And so I'll keep going. Until I get those few and far between highs. Those few and far between highs that cannot be explained to those who don't share this addiciton but make us that do live in hope for a life of them.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2012, 08:46:31 PM »
I stop going to Villa and doesn't miss it. This is due to less income and changing work hours on saturday. I decided I prefer Salsa than football. There is not enough high in football. I just hate watching passionless dull pathetic football from our players.  I still watch Villa on TV when it is on. I noticed I watched more American football than football this season.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »
I persist with Villa because they're like heroin. They can give me a high like no adrenalin rush that can ever be explained. EG Wembley, Rotterdam, Everton 3-2... but they can give me lows that  are just bad trips, 86-87, 03-03-03 etc. But mostly it is a dependency jus to see me through the humdrum of what is turgid, middle-of-the road normality until I die. I sometimes wish I didn't have this dependency but can't shake it. And as any addict will tell you you can only get off it if YOU want to. I do but I don't. And so I'll keep going. Until I get those few and far between highs. Those few and far between highs that cannot be explained to those who don't share this addiciton but make us that do live in hope for a life of them.
What a brilliant post. The question is, what is the alternative?
I forgot to mention. Someone said to my wife once 'you should get a life'.
Those who follow football, whoever they support, have got a life; one that takes them to places where they would otherwise never go and one where they meet some great characters. An example is Bill Wyman or Jesus Dave who walked to our pub of choice from Euston on Sunday. It must have been four miles. He then walked another two miles to the ground.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:11:26 PM by Dave McLark Five »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2012, 09:15:29 PM »
What a brilliant post. The question is, what is the alternative?
I forgot to mention. Someone said to my wife once 'you should get a life'.
Those who follow football, whoever they support, have got a life; one that takes them to places where they would otherwise never go and one where they meet some great characters. An example is Bill Wyman or Jesus Dave who walked to our pub of choice from Euston on Sunday. It must have been four miles. He then walked another two miles to the ground.

No he didn't, he levitated.

Offline ez

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2012, 09:27:45 PM »
We could have done with a cup run to keep the season exciting. The thing is we are now halfway-ish between the europa league and relegation places and unlikely to finish in either so the casual supporters won't bother.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »
match program.
Have you taken up residence in Chicago with Mr Leach?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2012, 07:41:40 AM »
me?

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »
me?

Yes, that's what you need to add on to the end of the word 'program'!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal