collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby Agbonlahor  (Read 137190 times)

Offline littleoldme

Re: Gabby's future
« Reply #255 on: April 30, 2018, 10:11:51 PM »
Subway surely

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2018, 10:20:45 PM »
If he has any sense he'll be on the phone to SVC for career advice. Two pea's in a pod them two,

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #257 on: May 01, 2018, 07:36:00 AM »
If he can get a deal I can definitely see him going to the US

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2018, 08:15:33 AM »
African Car Reverser is more interesting than Gabby.  For a start I hope one of them is seen again at Villa Park.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #259 on: May 01, 2018, 11:34:53 AM »
If he has any sense he'll be on the phone to SVC for career advice. Two pea's in a pod them two,

Yeah, one had professionally diagnosed clinical depression whereas the other just pissed it against the wall due to lifestyle choices. Almost identical.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #260 on: May 01, 2018, 11:38:34 AM »

Yeah, one had professionally diagnosed clinical depression whereas the other just pissed it against the wall due to lifestyle choices. Almost identical.

Lots of people have clinical depression. Surprisingly, the symptoms don't include smacking up women and acting a dick.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #261 on: May 01, 2018, 11:45:49 AM »
Are we honouring Ross McCormack before the next home game? Or Micah?

Participation Medals will be awarded.

Offline SheffieldVillain

« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2018, 11:46:25 AM »

Lots of people have clinical depression. Surprisingly, the symptoms don't include smacking up women and acting a dick.

Surprisingly, the illness manifests itself in different ways depending on the person. Either way, Gabby does not have clinical depression. He also actually hasn't 'gone around smacking up women'. So either way, your point that they are 'two peas in a pod' is wrong. SVC took a career break because of a medically diagnosed condition. Gabby took a career break because he was out of shape.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #263 on: May 01, 2018, 11:53:30 AM »

Surprisingly, the illness manifests itself in different ways depending on the person. Either way, Gabby does not have clinical depression. He also actually hasn't 'gone around smacking up women'. So either way, your point that they are 'two peas in a pod' is wrong. SVC took a career break because of a medically diagnosed condition. Gabby took a career break because he was out of shape.

Well as someone who has suffered clinical depression and who knows many others who have, i can assure you SVC's symptoms are a rarity and most also cope without disappearing to a clinic for 3 months  or quitting work. Depression can affect anyone, nice people, horrible people, just like a cold or cancer and while it may be possible his depression made his behaviour worse, I think its more likely he was just a dick who happened to have depression, rather than someone acting a dick because of depression

Offline SheffieldVillain

« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2018, 12:02:35 PM »

Well as someone who has suffered clinical depression and who knows many others who have, i can assure you SVC's symptoms are a rarity and most also cope without disappearing to a clinic for 3 months  or quitting work. Depression can affect anyone, nice people, horrible people, just like a cold or cancer and while it may be possible his depression made his behaviour worse, I think its more likely he was just a dick who happened to have depression, rather than someone acting a dick because of depression

Sorry, after "most also cope without disappearing to a clinic for 3 months or quitting work", I've just lost interest in anything you have to say.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2018, 12:06:47 PM »
fair enough, but if you think everyone with depression turns into a total cock then i think you have a complete lack of understanding of the illness

Offline SheffieldVillain

« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2018, 12:17:40 PM »
fair enough, but if you think everyone with depression turns into a total cock then i think you have a complete lack of understanding of the illness

And if you think it's ok to judge people on the support they need to cope with the illness as you did above or that yours is the only experience of the illness that counts, then you have a complete lack of understanding of pretty much everything.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #267 on: May 01, 2018, 12:22:52 PM »

What’s Collymore done to upset you so much? I can remember one instance where he lost it and hit someone, but other than that I can’t think of much else.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #268 on: May 01, 2018, 12:28:22 PM »

And if you think it's ok to judge people on the support they need to cope with the illness as you did above or that yours is the only experience of the illness that counts, then you have a complete lack of understanding of pretty much everything.

We all go by personal and others experience to an extent so me and the 6 or so people i know who have/had it is mine, and i can assure you fighting people, beating up women and generally acting like a complete madman are not common symptoms at all. Personally i hate the public impression SVC brought to the condition because believe it or not, most of us just get on with it and don't do anything of the sort. I'm betting you probably work with people who have had treatment or are on medication and you wouldn't know. I know someone who has beaten up his girlfriend. He hasn't got depression, he's just an arsehole, and if he did have depression he'd still be an arsehole.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:31:07 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2018, 12:36:25 PM »
What a load of bollocks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal