collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reserves v The Arse  (Read 33413 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Reserves v The Arse
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2011, 02:19:23 PM »
I'd really like to see the Fonz getting on the score sheet for the team.  He has plenty of ability, far more than Gabby.  He just needs something to click.
I wonder if it's an attitude problem? Wasn't that being hinted at earlier in the season by KMac if I'm not mistaken?

I've never seen anything but a willingness to play from him and besides, K Mac keeps playing him. And he keeps scoring.

Strange how this keeps getting mentioned.  I read an article over the summer from the England set up praising his attitude, saying how keen he was to learn.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2011, 02:25:25 PM »
How long before we start with Wiemann and Fonz up front for the 1st team and GG in the CM role

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2011, 02:26:58 PM »
Yes that is why they prefered Weiman early season until that injury at Rapid Vienna, I also note that Osbourne got a game last night but nothing for Salifou or Davies. Has Salifou's head gone after that shooting incident?
i always thought salifou was garbage.. even at reserve level, he made osbourne look like vieira in his glory days...

I cant figure out why either of them are at the club at all. It is obvious Osbourne wont make the grade and Salifou is the footballing equivalent of a toy from inside a Christmas cracker. It is just a complete waste of money.

Good result from the lads though.

Offline CheeriOneill

« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »
[It is obvious Osbourne wont make the grade...

Osbourne was a little bit lost first half with Hogg on and dominating the play. He played alot better second half when I suppose he was the experienced player.

He actually looked quite decent but if he struggles for confidence playing along side Hogg its not too difficult to see why he is so far from the 1st team.

I would not be too suprised to see Hogg start against Blues, Houllier must have been impressed and thats possibly why he didn't show for the second half.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2011, 02:46:30 PM »
if osbourne had a different head, then he could make it...

his physique is perfect for his position, and he is quick, etc...

but as he is bubba gump shrimp boy both in terms of whats up top, and aesthetics, he is pretty pointless..

shame really...

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2011, 02:48:02 PM »
Yes that is why they prefered Weiman early season until that injury at Rapid Vienna, I also note that Osbourne got a game last night but nothing for Salifou or Davies. Has Salifou's head gone after that shooting incident?
i always thought salifou was garbage.. even at reserve level, he made osbourne look like vieira in his glory days...

I cant figure out why either of them are at the club at all. It is obvious Osbourne wont make the grade and Salifou is the footballing equivalent of a toy from inside a Christmas cracker. It is just a complete waste of money.

Good result from the lads though.

I suppose if we could just rip up their contracts then we would.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »
It makes me wonder that when we were throwing untried kids into the CM roles that Salifou and Osbourne never got a look in - i think Osbourne made the bench once?

Sure i saw recently that Osbourne had been given a new contract when MON was here - no wonder the board are pulling their hair out over what we are paying players not to play

As for the reserves - superb to beat anyone by that score - even with 10 men. Bet if the score had been the other way round they would have interupted SSN to report how great the Arse kids were  >:(

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2011, 04:47:03 PM »
Talksport have mentioned the 10-1 quite a bit today, seems 1 or 2 are now starting to recognise what great kids we have in the pipeline and a 1st class set up under KMac / TMc

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
We want 10!

Hope you placed an inplay bet Legion :->

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2011, 05:40:59 PM »

F**k me... I didn't know he'd been shot in the head!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2011, 05:44:46 PM »

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:16:15 PM by Mark Kelly »

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2011, 06:12:23 PM »
The result even made the main sports page of the Sun website, how refreshing!

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »
Rumours on WM that a Villa player could have made the Walsall starting line up tonight had a deal been done in time - a midfielder who's been on the fringes of the first team for some time - got to be Osbourne.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2011, 10:18:30 PM »
Gardner gonna be a massive player for Villa ........

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal