collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by trinityoap
[Today at 07:00:10 PM]

Bristol Villa fans by The Edge
[Today at 06:55:20 PM]

Robin Olsen by olaftab
[Today at 06:53:59 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 06:50:36 PM]

Champions League Contention by olaftab
[Today at 06:36:06 PM]

VAR by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:35:46 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 06:20:06 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Tayls_7
[Today at 06:12:13 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reserves v The Arse  (Read 33423 times)

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
Re: Reserves v The Arse
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2011, 07:54:05 AM »
Just been mentioned by the Moose on talksport!

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2011, 08:34:53 AM »
Good old Kevin Mac
Rather have him in charge of the club than that twat houllier

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2011, 08:38:06 AM »
Well done the Villa kids.

UTV

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2011, 08:57:28 AM »
Maybe this fella could get in queue once the current lads get promotion?
Many a good goal scorer has come from that neck of the woods.
No mention of his performance otherwise I am afraid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12149647

Offline CheeriOneill

« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2011, 09:41:53 AM »
Lot of praise for Gardner and fully deserved just back from nasty injury. Weimann also seemed sharp after his lay off.

Stand out for me though was Hogg in CM. Nasty tackle on him for the sending off but he didn't do a Downing then he got up a continued to run the show with a cracking finish to boot.

I know it is a big step up and he hasn't always looked the part but last night he stood out and I think he will have a future.

Also worth a mention was Herd and Fonz who I think will both have a part to play over the next couple of seasons.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2011, 09:55:14 AM »
great stuff!

great to see gardner have a hand in loads of the goals on his first start back...

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2011, 09:55:42 AM »
I'd really like to see the Fonz getting on the score sheet for the team.  He has plenty of ability, far more than Gabby.  He just needs something to click.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2011, 10:09:16 AM »
I'd really like to see the Fonz getting on the score sheet for the team.  He has plenty of ability, far more than Gabby.  He just needs something to click.
I wonder if it's an attitude problem? Wasn't that being hinted at earlier in the season by KMac if I'm not mistaken?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2011, 11:08:43 AM »
Well done lads I am pleased to have won 10-1 margin but also the comebacks of Gardner and Weimann can't wait untill thay are in the first team the future looks bright if we can just get through this mess we are in then we have something to look forward too.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2011, 12:07:41 PM »
I wonder if it's an attitude problem? Wasn't that being hinted at earlier in the season by KMac if I'm not mistaken?

I've never seen anything but a willingness to play from him and besides, K Mac keeps playing him. And he keeps scoring.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2011, 12:14:13 PM »
there was talk of a confidence issue at the start of the season from macdonald...

but i have heard that he has a little touch of the "i have made it" to him...

the club hope that is an age thing and as he matures a little, that will improve...

we have to remember, he is still only 19 years old...

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2011, 12:43:47 PM »
Yes that is why they prefered Weiman early season until that injury at Rapid Vienna, I also note that Osbourne got a game last night but nothing for Salifou or Davies. Has Salifou's head gone after that shooting incident?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:45:36 PM by villasjf »

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2011, 12:48:57 PM »
Lot of praise for Gardner and fully deserved just back from nasty injury. Weimann also seemed sharp after his lay off.

Stand out for me though was Hogg in CM. Nasty tackle on him for the sending off but he didn't do a Downing then he got up a continued to run the show with a cracking finish to boot.

I know it is a big step up and he hasn't always looked the part but last night he stood out and I think he will have a future.

Also worth a mention was Herd and Fonz who I think will both have a part to play over the next couple of seasons.

I like the look of Hogg, he will tackle anybody he is strong in CM' he also has a good engine. Great to have Gardner and Weimann back too.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2011, 12:49:17 PM »
Arsenal suffer 'major embarrassment' as reserves lose 10-1 to Aston Villa

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger may pride himself on his ability to produce young talent at the club but last night the reserve side were utterly humiliated in a 10-1 defeat to their Aston Villa counterparts.

The Arsenal side included a number of highly-rated youngsters, including Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Craig Eastmond but they were no match for the Villa team.

Chris Herd scored a hat-trick, while Gary Gardner and Andreas Weimann both scored twice in their comebacks from long-term injury lay-offs.

Nathan Delfouneso bagged two goals in the game at Hinckley United's De Montfort Park ground as well, with Jonathan Hogg also getting himself on the score sheet.

Arsenal may point to the fact they went down to ten men when George Brislen-Hall was set off for a foul on Hogg, but Villa fans are sure to highlight the fact the Gunners were already 1-0 down at that stage.

The result lifted Villa to the top of the table, two points clear of Arsenal.

Speaking after the game, Arsenal reserve coach Neil Banfield described the result as a ‘major embarrassment’.

‘I don’t know where to start. It’s 10-1, what can you say? It’s a major embarrassment but we’ve got to get up and get on with it. No-one likes to get beaten 10-1. There’s not really much you can say, I think 10-1 says it all,’ he said.

‘It’s just an extremely bad day but it’s football and we will pick ourselves up. No team at Arsenal should get beaten 10-1. We’ve all got to take the blame, me as well, the staff and the team and we get on with it.’

Metro - Clicky

Same result from the big boys on Sunday will do.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2011, 12:53:30 PM »
Yes that is why they prefered Weiman early season until that injury at Rapid Vienna, I also note that Osbourne got a game last night but nothing for Salifou or Davies. Has Salifou's head gone after that shooting incident?
i always thought salifou was garbage.. even at reserve level, he made osbourne look like vieira in his glory days...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal