collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 03:24:46 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:22:21 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:20:13 PM]

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 03:10:44 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:07:15 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 03:24:46 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:24:01 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 03:23:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 03:23:10 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:22:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:20:29 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:20:13 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Petrov pleads for harmony between GH and Big John  (Read 20970 times)

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
Re: Petrov pleads for harmony between GH and Big John
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2011, 02:23:29 PM »
I'd loan Carew to west brom- more chance of them going down with that lazy sod in their team!

Too right and if Sidwell joins Wolves things really do look promising, perhaps, we could shift Salifou to Wigan, or even Petrov to West Ham, Harewood might even pull off a great one at Blackpool if things go well.

I still have hopes for Agents Ridgewell and Gardner too.

Yes, let's sell one of our strikers to a fellow relegation struggler. I can't think of anything more stupid. Can you imagine Blues loaning Wolves Nikola Zigic?

Absolutely 100% agree. i can't think of another club or manager who would do a more stupid/spiteful thing, it's beyond belief.
Carew, for all his faults, is still the best centre forward we have and our top scorer for the last three seasons, Heskey is out for three games and given a run in the side and decent service, he will score goals for us again.
If the vindictive Houllier loans Carew to Albion and sees him score the goals that doom us to relegation how will we all feel ?
If he does'nt rate him and is so totally unprofessional that he lets personal vendettas get in the way of managing our football club then just keep him here, don't give him to one of our rivals in a relegation battle.
Unbelievable.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »
It beggars belief that having fuked up by swapping him once for the world beater Baros here he has an opportunity to redeem himself and he goes and fall out with the bloke AGAIN!!!!!  For fuk sake, how much more unprofessional are we going to look?
Hang on, a perfectly reasonable reply to a direct question to Houllier was made out to be some sort of slight on his character by Carew, and it's Houllier's fault? Seriously?

Houllier may have dropped a number of clangers in his time so far, but on this issue he was spot on.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2011, 02:25:20 PM »
Carew might be off, Heskey banned for three games. Where are the goals going to come from?

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
is it right that under a loaning, Carew could not play against us ?

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »
Carew might be off, Heskey banned for three games. Where are the goals going to come from?

To be fair/flippant, we could play with all 4 strikers on the pitch at moment, and we'd still find them hard to come by.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »

Not Gabby.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2011, 02:32:12 PM »

To be fair/flippant, we could play with all 4 strikers on the pitch at moment, and we'd still find them hard to come by.

to be double flippant, we would still have young up front whilst the rest of the strikers play on the wings.....

Offline eastie

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2011, 02:41:18 PM »
Doesn't matter how good Carew is or was - I'd rather a player give his all and have less talent than a player with talent who doesn't give his all- Carew is one of the laziest players Ive  seen here in 30 yrs and is not a player we should be looking to in times of trouble.

I do not rate him and could not give a toss where he goes as I don't think he would improve any of our rivals, he would only weaken them.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2011, 02:42:58 PM »
is it right that under a loaning, Carew could not play against us ?

I believe it's down to the agreement between the clubs, may be wrong.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2011, 02:58:47 PM »
Doesn't matter how good Carew is or was - I'd rather a player give his all and have less talent than a player with talent who doesn't give his all- Carew is one of the laziest players Ive  seen here in 30 yrs and is not a player we should be looking to in times of trouble.

I do not rate him and could not give a toss where he goes as I don't think he would improve any of our rivals, he would only weaken them.

I agree

The bloke is a first class wanker

Dont understand the how showing your unprofessionalism by going lapdancing results in cult status for some.

Look at his attitude when he got snowed in in Norway.

Players like him and that c*** ireland are players I would play a tramp out of aston park in front of

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »

Not Gabby.

If he's played up front he will. As he has done for the past four seasons.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2011, 03:02:47 PM »
It beggars belief that having fuked up by swapping him once for the world beater Baros here he has an opportunity to redeem himself and he goes and fall out with the bloke AGAIN!!!!!  For fuk sake, how much more unprofessional are we going to look?
Hang on, a perfectly reasonable reply to a direct question to Houllier was made out to be some sort of slight on his character by Carew, and it's Houllier's fault? Seriously?

Houllier may have dropped a number of clangers in his time so far, but on this issue he was spot on.

It was absolutely Houllier's fault for putting it in the press.  What Petrov has done here is equally wrong.  But Houllier should know better.  In my view he has absolutely no idea how to man manage in the modern game.  And when I say modern game, I mean, modern compared to even 2004 as sad as that is.

It is a fact that you have to manage players in different ways.  They are, in the main, egotistical pricks but, it just doesn't do to have a 'my way or the highway' approach to players.  Not anymore at least.  MO'N had similar problems with Carew but it still didn't stop him scoring 16 goals in the season and I believe the message about it being unacceptable got through without him going back to Norway only to 'miss' a flight back.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2011, 03:14:56 PM »
It was absolutely Houllier's fault for putting it in the press.  What Petrov has done here is equally wrong.  But Houllier should know better.  In my view he has absolutely no idea how to man manage in the modern game.  And when I say modern game, I mean, modern compared to even 2004 as sad as that is.
Afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one Kippax. I'm firmly in Houllier's corner on this particular issue. It was a completely innocuous quote that resulted in a massive over-reaction from Carew, who was obviously itching to test the manager's authority. I want him as far away from the club as is possible (but we obviously need a replacement first).

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »
Carew exit blocked
Heskey suspension means no move

John Carew's potential departure from Aston Villa has been blocked due to Emile Heskey's forthcoming suspension, skysports.com understands.

Heskey was sent off for Villa during their 1-0 defeat to Sunderland for raising his hands to Jordan Henderson.
As such Heskey is due to miss the next three games, and skysports.com understands that they will not let Carew leave until after he returns.

That means Carew will not be available until around 10 days before the window closes, which means he could yet remain at Villa Park.
One of the clubs looking to sign Carew are West Brom, and Houllier has confirmed their interest but he also underlined his commitment to use him.

"I know at some stage there were talks with West Brom. I don't know where it will lead to," said Houllier.

"But to me Carew is an Aston Villa player and, as soon as he is available and fit, I will be delighted to have him in the squad and to play."

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2011, 03:18:43 PM »
Excellent an olive branch for Carew now
Get him out there, get the crosses in and the goals will come

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal