collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:58:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Proposition Joe
[Today at 03:58:43 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 03:58:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:58:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:58:27 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:57:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dr Butler
[Today at 03:57:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:57:01 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gerard Houllier  (Read 437165 times)

Offline villa for life

Re: Gerard Houllier
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2010, 10:34:24 AM »
Lerner must be in a real dilemma, two in particular things to think about

He must be having a few doubts about GH and one must wonder if this will affect how much money he gives him to spend in January. If he thinks that we might have the wrong person at the helm, will he really give GH a big budget to spend in January?

Also, what about if he does give GH freedom to spend big and choose his players and then in March we are still three or four points from relegation. Do we then tell GH it's time to go?

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2010, 10:36:16 AM »
I say burn him as sacking isn't enough, and bring in Allardyce, Hughton, Holloway or Warnock.

You have changed your tune

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2010, 10:41:54 AM »
I just worry that the players do not believe in Houllier.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2010, 10:43:02 AM »
If only we could turn back time and have lerner with his money again but without an idiot spending it. We're left a squad that cost a fortune to put together and yet a good 30m of it is too old or not good enough.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »
I find the talk of Allardyce even more depressing than today's result.

So do I but I think we have to come to terms with that's all this Club can afford under Learner. Hopefully that would mean we stay in the Premier League - I don't honestly believe that we will do under GH although we'll have to give him January.

£120 million. Think about that figure numbnuts.

What on earth are you talking about? Is your calculater bust?

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2010, 10:59:59 AM »
I'm not usually a frettter, but it's apparent that Houllier's not the right man for the job, so I think it's time for the board to take immediate action.  Get rid now, and get the right man for the job. 

The right man is Owen Coyle.  Ok so allegedly he's a Bolton Man.  But if we offer the right money we will get him

A real loyal manager there!! What a joke his results were terrible when he went to Bolton, now he has had time to settle and a full pre season they are playing well.

People need to realise if houllier is allowed to run Villa the way he wants, we have a manager who can attract young talented players the likes of Coyle etc couldn't!

His results were still good enoough to keep Bolton up, and he left a Burnley team that were half way up the league.  Coyle left to further his career, and his decisions's been justified with the way Bolton are going this season.  He's not going to take Bolton any further already with the resources he has.  So give him the chance for a crack with a "bigger team"

Offline koreanmeatballs

« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2010, 11:08:48 AM »
There's something odd about Houllier that I think has an affect on the players.

Basically due to the type of work I am in (Catering) I know quite a few  'chefs' at Villa. Every match day Houllier is in early and sits down to lunch with the Directors and other VIPs for lunch a few hours before KO.

On 3 occasions this season, including yesterday (other times were West Brom and Chelsea) Mr Houllier has been in the room (either stayed since lunch or came back later on) with the Directors right up until moments before KO.

I think it's a bit odd that he doesn't really have much contact with the players just before games and leaves it all to Gary Mac and Sid.

Also another bit of exciting news concerning catering and Houllier, he eats at the training ground everyday with Mrs Houllier.

Offline villa1

« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2010, 11:10:55 AM »
Owen Coyle? I think someone's on the wind up!!!

Offline sfx412

« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2010, 11:25:15 AM »

Randy has spent millions, MoN fucked it up so Randy had to balance the books.  MoN couldn't hack it so fucked off and left us in the shit.

That's a pretty good summing up.  Now it looks like Houllier is going to finish the job of messing it up.

I admit to not being convinced by Houllier but have always prefferred his CV to Mons, so am surprised, especially considering the Squads circumstances, that so many see him as the no hope option so early on in his time at Villa.
I know from past experience from early predictions on Mon this site is completely behind new managers to the detriment of any dissenter.
Perhaps as thet were so wrong on Taylor mk 2, Dol, and Mon, Houllier just might just be the man.
He certainly needs more time but I must admit to having serious doubts, which I'm hoping a fully fit side will dispel quickly.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2010, 11:30:41 AM »
Also another bit of exciting news concerning catering and Houllier, he eats at the training ground everyday with Mrs Houllier.

Crikey, this is gold dust. Does he hold his knife like a pen? What condiments does he prefer?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2010, 11:31:35 AM »
There's something odd about Houllier that I think has an affect on the players.

Basically due to the type of work I am in (Catering) I know quite a few  'chefs' at Villa. Every match day Houllier is in early and sits down to lunch with the Directors and other VIPs for lunch a few hours before KO.

On 3 occasions this season, including yesterday (other times were West Brom and Chelsea) Mr Houllier has been in the room (either stayed since lunch or came back later on) with the Directors right up until moments before KO.

I think it's a bit odd that he doesn't really have much contact with the players just before games and leaves it all to Gary Mac and Sid.

That's interesting, considering the amout of times I've seen him arrive with the team about an hour before kick-off.

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2010, 11:32:49 AM »
Having thought about it a bit more rationally, I think the best course is to spend just enough money in January to ensure that we have the wherewithal to accrue 40 points and them in the summer, rather like with Venglos, accept that it was an appointment that didn't work out, cut our loses and move on.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2010, 11:40:05 AM »
The bit I'm struggling with is how come GH / GM have pissed off so many players so quickly ? and is it retrievable

Carew for example is a great player when he wants to be, we could do with him out there now

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2010, 11:46:55 AM »
Having thought about it a bit more rationally, I think the best course is to spend just enough money in January to ensure that we have the wherewithal to accrue 40 points and them in the summer, rather like with Venglos, accept that it was an appointment that didn't work out, cut our loses and move on.

back him or sack him for me,
i'd back him as i feel he can build something,
 but i wouldnt give him any money to spend on players if we are thinking of getting rid at the end of the season, the lads we have already are plenty good enough for a mid table finish as i expect us to be
limboland is no good to anyone,

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »
If we're going to get rid now, I wouldn't appoint a Jol or an Allardyce, instead let Kevin Mac, Tony Mac and Sid steady the ship, regroup the squad and get us through to May

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal