collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is the game ready for gays?  (Read 27796 times)

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
Re: Is the game ready for gays?
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2010, 10:39:58 AM »
I dont see what the problem is with gays, up to them at the end of the day there doing us no harm

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2010, 10:59:50 AM »
If a player celebrates a goal by having sex with his entire team, dressed as the Village People to a Eurodisco backing track, he wont be as gay as Lawro's voice and he's been in the game for decades, unfortunately.

Honestly, I dont know what the fuss is about. There might be a bit of banter over it and the odd moron who'll need to be thrown out of a ground but I think times have changed more than we sometimes think. There are so many gay celebrities now, I dont see what makes sportsmen so different. The more secretive and taboo it is, the more sensationalised and awkward. Just get on with it. It doesnt need to be publicised because its irrelevant. Its no more interesting to me than what car a player drives.

I personally couldn't give a monkeys if the entire Villa team were gay as long as they were good.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2010, 11:02:16 AM »
If a player celebrates a goal by having sex with his entire team, dressed as the Village People to a Eurodisco backing track, he wont be as gay as Lawro's voice and he's been in the game for decades, unfortunately.

You'd certainly remember who was in the team if that was to happen.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2010, 11:03:46 AM »
I dont see what the problem is with gays, up to them at the end of the day there doing us no harm

Spot on Alex. The best of British.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »

Spot on Alex. The best of British.
I'm amazed we haven't had the classic.

'No problem with me, live and let live, as long as they don't try it on with me.'

Offline damon loves JT

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2010, 11:13:53 AM »
I admit, I am full of the `some of my best friends are gay' stuff. I have to go to a Lesbian wedding on Friday and I am bricking it.

I hate fights

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2010, 11:16:22 AM »
I dont care what they get up to as long as it's behind closed doors, with thick nuclear curtains, premium soundproofing and the keyholes blocked up with tissue, just in case I accidentally look through.

I dont want it in my face!

Oh go on then, honky tonk!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:46:18 AM by Mazrim »

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2010, 11:18:12 AM »
I have to go to a Lesbian wedding on Friday and I am bricking it.

That's very intolerant of you. Plus one of your bricks may hurt a bird who likes cock.

Offline damon loves JT

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2010, 11:20:54 AM »

That's very intolerant of you. Plus one of your bricks may hurt a bird who likes cock.

One of the girls getting married is a West Ham supporter and, I'm pretty sure, ICF

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2010, 11:33:27 AM »

One of the girls getting married is a West Ham supporter and, I'm pretty sure, ICF

So she's trying to have children?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
If a player celebrates a goal by having sex with his entire team, dressed as the Village People to a Eurodisco backing track

That was the toughest question from You are the Ref.

I think the correct answer is you award a red card to the goal scorer and yellow cards to the rest.

Offline Astral Weeks

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2010, 12:12:30 PM »

The rugby player that came out was i think unique in as much as i dont know a boxer, footballer or any other team / individual player in a sport predominantly watched by men that is openly gay.

Gareth Thomas.

There was also that top Gaelic footballer in Ireland, and I think there was an Aussie Rules player too. Both rough, tough macho sports.

I think those who believe that it would only take one or two players to come out to open the floodgates are being overly optimistic. They would forever be branded in the tabloids as "xxx - the gay footballer", and get horrendous stick from opposition crowds. It's the last major taboo in football, held in place by the tribal nature of football support.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2010, 12:29:19 PM »
Gareth Thomas.

There was also that top Gaelic footballer in Ireland, and I think there was an Aussie Rules player too. Both rough, tough macho sports.
It was the cork hurling goalkeeper. And yes, you'd want to be bat shit mental to be a hurling keeper. Think of a cricket ball flying at you with only a stick for protection and no padding. In fact, another keeper saved a penalty, but it hit him in the groin, and one of his testicles basically exploded. He cleared the ball before falling to the ground in agony.

I was pleasantly surprised by the reaction to his coming out (in his autobiography, naturally enough). I didn't follow it closely at all, but there appeared to be more controversy in some of his comments regarding rival teams than anything to do with his sexuality.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2010, 12:34:02 PM »
Who gives a fuck if there are gay players in football?

Is it really still such an intolerant world?

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2010, 01:11:44 PM »

Ah the infamous "into cunnilingus firm" no?

I have no gay best friends as I find I have little in common with the ones I've met.  For some reason they don't tend to share my main interests of football, tits and drinking beer, or enjoy discussing them.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 01:14:38 PM by ktvillan »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal