collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sky now saying phil Thompson will not be assistant!  (Read 76698 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Sky now saying phil Thompson will not be assistant!
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2010, 07:58:07 AM »
Garry mac is assistant to strachan at boro- Sammy lee might be the call , maybe hodgson wouldn't mind Sammy going-I wonder what changed thommos mind?

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2010, 08:59:27 AM »
Why would the big nose twat take the role?
Probably less money. He'll be the whipping boy for his SKY mates when Villa lose. Some of the players seemingly do not like him.

Makes no sense to take it. At all.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2010, 09:06:09 AM »
intersting article here   
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/7987962/Phil-Thompson-snub-for-Gerard-Houllier-and-Aston-Villa.html

If true this is slightly worrying as any new manager needs to choose his own staff.  If Gezza (I'm trying it out) likes K-Mac then brilliant, but if he prefers Pinnochio then that should be his choice and Kev goes back to the reserves.

Offline Bosco81

« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2010, 09:27:03 AM »
intersting article here   
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/7987962/Phil-Thompson-snub-for-Gerard-Houllier-and-Aston-Villa.html

If true this is slightly worrying as any new manager needs to choose his own staff.  If Gezza (I'm trying it out) likes K-Mac then brilliant, but if he prefers Pinnochio then that should be his choice and Kev goes back to the reserves.

We've lost a manager, assistant, coach and a goalie coach, so all of them need replacing, and if Houllier is our choice then he needs to decide who he wants helping him out.

I'm willing to whack half volleys at the keepers to help out in the meantime.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2010, 09:29:44 AM »
Garry mac is assistant to strachan at boro- Sammy lee might be the call , maybe hodgson wouldn't mind Sammy going-I wonder what changed thommos mind?

Maybe he's been reading this thread  ;)

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #261 on: September 08, 2010, 09:47:58 AM »
Soccer Saturday will make for interesting viewing to see what kind of (if any) grilling he gets off Jeff and the lads.

I suspect it was a case that the money on offer was no better than what he gets for shooting the shit with other ex-pros and who can blame him.

Actually, having thought about that, it must have been more but probably no enough to give up the cushy number he has.

Offline Astral Weeks

« Reply #262 on: September 08, 2010, 09:58:31 AM »
Why would the big nose twat take the role?
Probably less money. He'll be the whipping boy for his SKY mates when Villa lose. Some of the players seemingly do not like him.

Makes no sense to take it. At all.

I object to your nosist remark. There's nothing wrong with having a bit extra in the proboscis department.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #263 on: September 08, 2010, 10:03:50 AM »

Maybe he's been reading this thread  ;)

yeah Mcallister and Hamann mentioned in todays paper..

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #264 on: September 08, 2010, 10:20:35 AM »
I thought Sammy Lee was assistant to Rafa and not Houllier

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #265 on: September 08, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »
intersting article here   

I still dont believe that K-mac wanted the job, he's always been reserves and has a proud record in that, if he wanted the job he would have made himself look more interested from the start.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #266 on: September 08, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
Bottom line, Villa will appoint the best person for the job and we'll be left to support that person.  End of.

Behave yourself, like past appointments we'll appoint the person willing to come for the money we're prepared to offer them to then give them twenty times more to spend/blow as they see fit.

We certainly wont get 'the best' person for the job.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #267 on: September 08, 2010, 10:33:39 AM »
I think that atricle is a load of bollocks, I feel they are making it up as they go along, Houllier has many years in the game, he'll have no problem getting a number 2 and I wouldn't mind if it was our Kev either

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #268 on: September 08, 2010, 10:40:19 AM »
Having been initially chilled to the bone by the news of Thompsons possible arrival I have to admit that the idea had grown on me and that I think some of our squad could possibly do with a Thompson character making it clear when they aren't pulling their weght.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2010, 11:24:19 AM »
Having been initially chilled to the bone by the news of Thompsons possible arrival I have to admit that the idea had grown on me and that I think some of our squad could possibly do with a Thompson character making it clear when they aren't pulling their weght.

Definitely. Can't be doing with players telling the media which managers / coaches they like or don't like. Anyway, why didn't the come clean about disliking O'Neill before he left? Exactly. They will all be writing little articles in the papers about how great it is with whoever gets the job. Curtis Davies will be first.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal