collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Post-match thread - Newcastle v Aston Villa  (Read 91352 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: Having slept on it.....
« Reply #375 on: August 23, 2010, 02:04:52 PM »
To have a penalty and still not have any shots on target is not inspiring.

Anyway, I said when I renewed I was not going to get all wound up about football this season. I therefore intend to take this on the chin.

Offline regular_john

« Reply #376 on: August 23, 2010, 03:02:49 PM »
It's not the scoreline that bothered me about yesterday, it was the woeful ineptitude of the performance. It really looked like men against boys, almost like an FA cup match with a prem team playing a sunday league side. We made Newcastle, a newly promoted and very average side, look like Brazil. Our performance was absolutely gutless, that is the cause for concern, not the fact that we dropped a point or two.

Offline MadJohnnyC

« Reply #377 on: August 23, 2010, 03:11:20 PM »
Slept on it and it hasn't helped. I'm completely at a loss to explain why we have just lost SIX NIL to a championship side (only the fullback was an addition to last years team i believe). It wasn't even one bad half, we lost them both 3-0. It wasn't a dodgy ref, a dodgy lino, an injury hit team (In fact most had been "rested" the week before - if ever there was an argument that this "resting" lark is a load of bollocks then this would be great evidence for it.) Shots on target - zero. Corners - two. We were anhilated.

What makes it worse is thats the emptiest ive ever seen St James Park. They were quiet until they started scoring and seemed resigned to the fact they had already lost the moment we kicked off.

Don't really know why ive typed this actually as its nothing you don't already know. Sorry for wasting your time all, just had to get things off my chest !!

Offline H00513R

Re: Post-match thread - Newcastle v Aston Villa
« Reply #378 on: August 23, 2010, 03:13:22 PM »
This is one game that I'm glad I wasn't able to watch here in the states. Well, we know 2 things - 1. We are better than West Ham. 2. We are better than West Ham.

Offline DANNYG

« Reply #379 on: August 23, 2010, 03:35:52 PM »
Ive slept on it and without jumping the gun i never realised how much we need Gabby and Collins until now utter drivel yesterday and shamefull lets just hope the boys had a good look at themselves on the long bus ride back to their Bentleys and Aston Martins in the club car park...........

They fucking owe us now , we need a positive reaction from the players and the board to get us back on track or else I do think we will have a real fight on our hands for top 6 cos champs league aint happening full stop. Some changes are needed tho ...downing and petrov are never dropped no matter how bad they play that has to change ,I hope Ireland plays again Vienna as he just needs matches and Warnock and Luke Young need a psychiatrist to see whats goin on in their heads cos theyre different palyers at the mo .....

Offline Woody

« Reply #380 on: August 23, 2010, 03:49:34 PM »
having slept on it...I've decided that I'm not going Thursday and will also not spend money on my kids having the new shirts.  I think someone else said that the Villa will lose money on Thursday now.

Offline jay71

« Reply #381 on: August 23, 2010, 09:54:57 PM »
Disgusting, shameful,embrassing no effort pride or heart!!!!!

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #382 on: August 24, 2010, 08:45:32 AM »
I'm still gutted and spent all day yesterday in a daze (apart from when a couple of Dickheads in my office starting singing 6-0 and i told them to fuck off). It bothered me that they have no interest in football but were trying to wing me up. It worked  >:(.
I still can't believe how we can lose 6-0 to that shower of shit.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #383 on: August 24, 2010, 09:40:03 PM »
Fucking glad I was in Benbecula when this was on!

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #384 on: August 24, 2010, 11:54:21 PM »
I watched the game online over here on hols in Florida. Went to Universal Studios yesterday and barcodes were fecking everywhere - horrible.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal