collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: ITV4 Coverage last night  (Read 9424 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
ITV4 Coverage last night
« on: August 20, 2010, 08:36:09 AM »
Made my blood boil

Deano in the studio - looked like he had been on the piss all night and was coming over as being a "bit slow"

Constant references to Moscow and last years weak squad

And as for the match commentry - my oh my just about the worst i have ever heard

Did not know we had a Japanese right back called Lee How - and Ian Dowie - what a great analyst of the game he is

They were almost clamouring for Guzan to be sent off and likening him to Schumacker in the 82 world cup when he assaulted the frenchman was unfucking believable. Could not beleive that Dowie kept going on about it - i bet every keeper in the land is told thats how you go and collect the ball, even if you knock your own man over

Piss piss poor and then to cap it off the last few minutes all the talked about was the 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' game on ITV 1 - no after match analysis or press statement from Kev mac - bloody shit

Offline mshurst

Re: ITV4 Coverage last night
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 08:54:34 AM »
I gave up on ITV a long time ago. I listened to the match on BBC WM instead - at least I know the commentators aren't cocks there.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 08:55:28 AM »
I watched it in HD on a German channel called ORF1 HD. German commentary but picture superb compared to ITV4 which makes it look like your TV screen has been smeared with grease.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 08:58:35 AM »
Watching Sky Sports News last night, they came up with the news on the yellow ticker that West Ham's James Collins is in the Wales squad.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 09:01:44 AM »
No mention of the dreadful behaviour of their fans either. Can you imagine what the commentators would have been like if a Liverpool or Manure player was being hit with missiles and sprayed?

Their attitude to Weimann was completely uncalled for.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 09:14:38 AM »
These days I just ignore all the commentary,punditry etc and just watch the nice moving pictures.
Last years game I watched in the Barley Mow in Sutton (is it still called that?) on a their totally crap internet connection.   

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 09:26:08 AM »
Dowie also made a big deal of K-Mac not picking Dunne and saying he was needed in the back four.  Great reserach seeing as he was suspended, Davros!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »
I must agree there commentry and analysis was shit.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 09:39:24 AM »
Dowie also made a big deal of K-Mac not picking Dunne and saying he was needed in the back four.  Great reserach seeing as he was suspended, Davros!

And he questioned why Ireland wasn't playing,even though he wasn't registered in time...tool.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 09:56:18 AM »
Dowie was terrible. Your typical "solid, well organised unit" pundit. In other words he didn't know shit.

He thought Bannan was Albrighton, asked why Ireland wasn't playing (Doh!), had no understanding of the fact that suspended players cannot play and likened Guzan to that dirty, cheating cnut German Harold Schumacher.

His droning tones really did my tits in. Ugly prick.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 09:57:47 AM »
It seemed that every ten mins the caption would come up advertising the Liverpoo game and you are all correct the "punditry" was poor....no strike that, it was shit !!

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 10:00:14 AM »
The fuss over Guzan was ridiculous.  He had every right to go for it, the bloke got a bit of a nudge off Warnock and it took him right into Guzan's path.  Maybe next time Brad should change the path of his jump in mid-air or just leave the ball completely.

If we progress, hopefully the rest of our away games will be on Five.  Their football coverage is much better than ITV.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »
The worst thing about Dowie was his tone of voice sounded disinterested like he didn't want to be there.  This might also explain why he seemed to have done fuck all research to know who was and wasn't eligible to play for us.  Maybe he thought commenting on Villa was beneath him and he should have got the Bin Dippers game?  Sorry, but that's not just a matter of being a poor pundit, it's an unprofessional attitude that should see him no longer working for ITV.   

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 10:08:44 AM »
The picture quality on ITV4 is appalling. When that channel gets High Definition, will it be just like a normal channel's Standard Definition?

I don't often comment on such things, but I have to agree, as an "expert summariser", Iain Dowie is also appalling.

Didn't bother watching the pre-game, half-time and post-game bobbins. Good job too, by the sound of things.

ITV should be banned from showing football.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 10:22:39 AM »
ITV 4 have the match next Thursday as well! I hope they get a decent commentator and summariser in time because last nights pairing were rubbish.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal