collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa.. Sky blue to buy Scum ?  (Read 20752 times)

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
0% Villa.. Sky blue to buy Scum ?
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2010, 08:27:09 PM »
Quote from: "villabear"
All in all they have no one else to hate and can't stand it when we say we don't care about them. I didn't care one way or the other about them before that day so Merse's goal a few years later made it all the sweeter.

I think they should contact Leicester and have a 'hatred' agreement, a bit like cities twinning. Not so far apart, both hate teams that have more serious rivalries, both are a bit rubbish. Perfect.

Offline eastie

« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2010, 08:28:20 PM »
Or was it the one where I think it was Joachim Who scored from the byline , amazing how he got it in from that angle ?

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »
I remember seeing some very heated scenes between the police and some Coventry fans after a Villa game, possibly after they were relegated in 2001. It was uncomfortable in town beforehand as well.

Without wishing to sound patronising/condescending, I almost feel sorry for Coventry - the city on the whole that is. It might be considered terribly sophisticated to mock Birmingham in some quarters, but paraphrasing someone famous [ie, I can't remember who right now] there's only one thing worse than being mocked and that's not being mocked. And that sums up Coventry for me. Always in the shadows.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2010, 10:48:43 PM »
The police at Highfield Road were particularly wanky as well, they’d only look one way.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2010, 10:50:27 PM »
Quote from: "Lizz"
I remember seeing some very heated scenes between the police and some Coventry fans after a Villa game, possibly after they were relegated in 2001. It was uncomfortable in town beforehand as well.

Without wishing to sound patronising/condescending, I almost feel sorry for Coventry - the city on the whole that is. It might be considered terribly sophisticated to mock Birmingham in some quarters, but paraphrasing someone famous [ie, I can't remember who right now] there's only one thing worse than being mocked and that's not being mocked. And that sums up Coventry for me. Always in the shadows.

Godforsaken place. My old company's head office used to be in Coventry and so I did a lot of running in and around the city when staying up there on business. I never did find one single nice bit...

Offline peter w

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2010, 11:22:16 PM »
Quote from: "Lizz"

Yeah, the shadows of Solihull. Our interest in that neck of the woods ends somewhere around Balsall Common.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2010, 11:29:34 PM »
Quote from someone in a Coventrian hotel a few years ago, "This place look a bit rough." They were from Belfast.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2010, 01:15:29 AM »
Used to work in Coventry, when Blose beat Villa they celebrated like they had won the Cup. They know that's as close as they're likely to get to getting one over on Villa.

Sad bastards.

I reminded one of them that nobody gives a toss about them and he said "Leamington hate us". I assume he was joking.

I doubt Leamington are that sad.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2010, 08:22:48 AM »
Quote from: "dave.woodhall"
Quote from someone in a Coventrian hotel a few years ago, "This place look a bit rough." They were from Belfast.

cheers Dave that made me smile.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2010, 09:20:55 AM »
Coventry has an excellent transport museum.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2010, 10:12:31 AM »
Marlon King's agent is Tony Finnigan.  Is he the ex lower league player who was done for possessing heroine a few years back?  If it is, he'd seem to be the ideal agent for King.

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2010, 10:23:40 AM »
Quote from: "Risso"
Marlon King's agent is Tony Finnigan.  Is he the ex lower league player who was done for possessing heroine a few years back?  If it is, he'd seem to be the ideal agent for King.

That's the one!

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2010, 10:31:46 AM »
Shit - I've just had a flash back to 'that' Boxing Day!

Offline Mark Samuels

« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2010, 10:33:04 AM »
I can tell you for a fact that Leamington FC are more concerned about Nuneaton and Bedworth. Even the now sadly dreadful Racing Club Warwick.

My Dad was very ill in Coventry Hospital a few years back. All turned out OK but we were in the same intensive care waiting room as a bunch of Coventry fans. We were getting on OK until I mentioned our family were Villa fans - I have never seen, or heard, a response like it. Familial similarities were instantly put aside by the crazed Coventry fan that went off of one, telling me how he hated the Villa and Villa fans in general.

Says everything, really.

I have lived in Brum and supported Villa, and lived in Leamington and supported Villa. Bluenoses detest us but we are, at least, joined by our Brummieness. Coventry fans have nothing and they are just bitter.

Offline 144 Hard Boiled Eggs

« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2010, 11:13:14 AM »
Haven't been there with the Villa since the mid 80's but always seem to remember us descending in droves on the old Highfield Road ground with Villa being all over the place - especially in the 70's once when I think we'd just won the League cup.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal