collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa.. Sky blue to buy Scum ?  (Read 20746 times)

Offline eastie

0% Villa.. Sky blue to buy Scum ?
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2010, 03:55:01 PM »
As I said earlier, I went to buy the new villa away shirt a couple of years back at sports soccer only to be told it had been withdrawn from sale because people were spitting on it in the shop- strange why they didn't just put it on a high rail out of the way, but apparently people were turning nasty and the manager had been threatened for selling it.

Offline eastie

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »
Agree with you ms , I live a football kick from Warwick uni and it is a really top place, 3rd in the latest university rankings I believe.
 The sports facilities are great and I enjoy using their athletics track for free, only downside is the local tesco is packed with students every time I visit , strangely there seems a huge percentage of Chinese or japanese, almost like shopping in Tokyo.

Offline SX150

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2010, 05:21:04 PM »
Quote from: "east19"
Agree with you ms , I live a football kick from Warwick uni and it is a really top place, 3rd in the latest university rankings I believe.
 The sports facilities are great and I enjoy using their athletics track for free, only downside is the local tesco is packed with students every time I visit , strangely there seems a huge percentage of Chinese or japanese, almost like shopping in Tokyo.

Where are you East19? I'm in Green Lane just a kick away from Warwick Uni.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2010, 05:24:01 PM »
Quote from: "SX150"

hes in Vine Street , Hillfields  ;-D

Offline eastie

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2010, 05:26:54 PM »
Other side of the uni !

Online atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2010, 05:39:37 PM »
Quote from: "JUAN PABLO"

I once worked on Hillfield collecting rent arrears. Would not recommend it as a career!

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »
Quote from: "atomicjam"

I once worked on Hillfield collecting rent arrears. Would not recommend it as a career!

so you knew Vine St well then ;-D

Offline SX150

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2010, 05:50:50 PM »
I worked in Hillfields for 25 years. Once the prostitutes knew your car you were safe from them. Many a time a high ranking Director on a visit would approach our factory and a prostitute would jump in the passenger seat. Great amusement for me and my workmates. Great deal of drugs and gangster stuff going on there too.

Online atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2010, 06:00:40 PM »
Quote from: "atomicjam"

so you knew Vine St well then ;-D

The worse places for us (Housing provider) were the tower blocks. There was one that the Police told us we could not go into on Fridays due to the drug dealing going on and suspected dealers being armed. Its unemployment figures where always far higher than the benefit take up figures so 'alternative' careers were a plenty. I am told Hillfield has improved in recent years.

Offline eastie

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2010, 06:03:44 PM »
Never been that way since our last trip to highfield rd.

Offline SX150

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2010, 06:18:12 PM »
Never been that way since our last trip to highfield rd.

Thats not a bad idea.

Offline villabear

« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2010, 08:01:51 PM »
I got invited to Coventry v Villa 97/98 with a friend who had a spare ticket in a corporate box. We were met by the guy who's box it was and he proceeded to tell us how much he hated the Villa. Being a guest and not wishing to cause my friend embarrassment I bit my tongue and laughed it off. After the meal we sat watching the players come out and warm up and the teams were announced on the television in the corner. No word of a lie it said Sky Blues team....then said not Aston Villa or Villa but SCUM in caps with the Villa team then listed. Cue me after a few drinks roundly giving the guy who's box it was plenty of stick especially when Yorkie got his second. Everyone left as soon as the final whistle came. My friend asked if anyone was stopping (free drink going and all that) and the 'host' said nobody was but we could stop if we wanted to. So we did and drank all the contents of his fridge till someone with a blazer told us we needed to leave. All in all they have no one else to hate and can't stand it when we say we don't care about them. I didn't care one way or the other about them before that day so Merse's goal a few years later made it all the sweeter.

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2010, 08:11:47 PM »
Quote from: "Griffy1987"
Quote from: "greenwichvilla"
I once had a cheeseburger thrown at me in Cov.

My crime? Having a Mohawk. I took a bite out of it

Out of the burger or the Mohawk???

:-)

The burger. But I would take a bite out of someone's Mohawk if they asked nicely.

Offline eastie

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2010, 08:20:45 PM »
Good post villa bear, at least you had the last laugh polishing off the drinks!

Online The Man With A Stick

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2010, 08:23:20 PM »
Quote from: "villabear"
I got invited to Coventry v Villa 97/98 with a friend who had a spare ticket in a corporate box. We were met by the guy who's box it was and he proceeded to tell us how much he hated the Villa. Being a guest and not wishing to cause my friend embarrassment I bit my tongue and laughed it off. After the meal we sat watching the players come out and warm up and the teams were announced on the television in the corner. No word of a lie it said Sky Blues team....then said not Aston Villa or Villa but SCUM in caps with the Villa team then listed. Cue me after a few drinks roundly giving the guy who's box it was plenty of stick especially when Yorkie got his second. Everyone left as soon as the final whistle came. My friend asked if anyone was stopping (free drink going and all that) and the 'host' said nobody was but we could stop if we wanted to. So we did and drank all the contents of his fridge till someone with a blazer told us we needed to leave. All in all they have no one else to hate and can't stand it when we say we don't care about them. I didn't care one way or the other about them before that day so Merse's goal a few years later made it all the sweeter.

Good work.  Was that the game when we scored after about ten seconds?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal