collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Clampy
[Today at 07:39:53 AM]

NSWE Investment by Clampy
[Today at 07:36:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clubs in trouble  (Read 144332 times)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: Clubs in trouble
« Reply #765 on: October 15, 2010, 05:24:07 PM »
Doesn't look good for Dundee at all, is there a movement from the fans to form a new club if the worst happens?

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #766 on: October 15, 2010, 09:42:09 PM »
Nothing really at the moment that I've heard unfortunately.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #767 on: October 15, 2010, 09:56:27 PM »
Not going to be buying the Mansfield home kit this year then, Bazz?

Only so I can set it on fire, and then stand there refusing to piss on it.
I must've missed references to this before. Why the loathing for Mansfield, VS?

I was going out with a stunning lass from just outside Mansfield (so far out of my league it was unreal). Anyway, she ditched me for a Mansfield player a couple of months later.

I have a similar one about Leeds, although the girl wasn't stunning and she didn't ditch me for a Leeds player. It's just that all she knew about football was based around going to see the Leeds title winners of 91-92 and seeing them all out around the city when she was a student there. I can't be sure but I think the bloke she's now engaged to is a Dirty Leeds fan, so the longer they stay below the top division the better imo.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #768 on: October 16, 2010, 04:57:17 PM »
Chances are 50/50 according to the administrator.

It is actually pretty sad if you think they are in this situation due to being £2million in debt (Steve Sidwell or Habib Beye's weekly wage) and a tax bill of something like £400K. Compare that to the ludicrous debts at Man United or Liverpool or Man City's wage bill. They are not like Livingstone or Gretna in that they are one of the bigger names in Scottish football and should be an SPL side.

One of their players who have been made redundant has been through the same thing with Gretna and Livvy when things went bollock shaped there. You have to feel for him.

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #769 on: October 22, 2010, 06:34:35 PM »
Portsmouth set to be liquidated. On ssn now.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #770 on: October 22, 2010, 06:42:12 PM »
That is terrible. Don't like the twat with the bell but wouldn't wish that on any club.

Except Small Heath, Leeds, Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, Spurs, Rangers, Lazio.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #771 on: October 22, 2010, 06:43:16 PM »
I'm not a great lover of Small Heath-on-Sea either, but wouldn't wish liquidation on them.

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #772 on: October 22, 2010, 06:49:15 PM »
From their os;

Sacha Gaydamak Puts Future Of Portsmouth In Jeopardy
Portsmouth Football Club is extremely disappointed to report that it has not yet managed to achieve the exit from Administration, despite the extensive efforts of the Football League, NewCo, the Administrators and their various legal advisors.

The process has been extremely complicated and there has been a team of people working night and day to get the deal done. The most difficult aspect has been trying to achieve agreement with Alexandre Gaydamak after the remaining parties have agreed the deal and executed the necessary documents, namely the new owners, the Administrators, the Football League and the creditors.

Unfortunately, despite the new owners fulfilling all the requirements of the Football League and the creditors, and agreeing and signing up to the required terms of the purchase of the club, at the 11th hour the goalposts have been moved by Mr Gaydamak and this has now made the deal impossible to complete.

Put simply, despite being offered full payment for the secured part of his debt in accordance with the financial plan approved by the Football League, this morning Mr Gaydamak has demanded a very significant upfront cash payment in order to allow the deal to proceed by releasing his security.

All this is in spite of his lawyers going to Paris this morning specifically for the purpose of witnessing his signature to the document agreed yesterday.

It is neither in the interests of the club nor its unsecured creditors for such a ransom payment to be made, particularly where the payment is being demanded by one of the authors of the club’s current circumstances.

In addition, and equally importantly, all of the business plans submitted and approved by the Football League would be fundamentally damaged by such a requirement placed on the club by Mr Gaydamak.

We will provide further information as soon as possible.

However, it appears likely that the club will now be closed down and liquidated by the Administrators as they are unable to support the continued trading of the club.

We would like to thank the Football League in particular for their support and assistance through this difficult process.

All other parties had managed to reach agreement.

This has now been undermined by the self-interested actions of one individual. Mr Gaydamak has provided confirmation several times that terms were agreed. However, he has continually changed his position in an attempt to exploit the goodwill of the other parties to the transaction.

By now doing this he has shown complete disregard for the supporters, the club and the City of Portsmouth.

His earlier comments when the club went into Administration about doing everything possible to save the club’s future do not appear to reflect his current actions.

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #773 on: October 22, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »

Couldn't happen to a nicer club

Offline Warren Aspinall

« Reply #774 on: October 22, 2010, 07:21:10 PM »
I blame appy arry, I don't know why I do, but i'd love it if it was revealed that he showed complete disregard for pompeys finances during his time there.

Offline Warren Aspinall

« Reply #775 on: October 22, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »
Jim White is close to an orgasm on sky, the stupid f*ckin white haired media whore b*stard b*llocking imbecile.

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #776 on: October 22, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »
So on the same day that a player signs a contract to earn a reported £200k-plus per week, a famous old football club goes out of business...

The modern game stinks doesnt it!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #777 on: October 22, 2010, 08:01:12 PM »
Jim White is close to an orgasm on sky, the stupid f*ckin white haired media whore b*stard b*llocking imbecile.

Oh God, I was going to switch it on until I read that. (Thanks BTW). What time does he finish his shift? Any sign of Millie Clode?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #778 on: October 22, 2010, 08:03:59 PM »
I blame appy arry, I don't know why I do, but i'd love it if it was revealed that he showed complete disregard for pompeys finances during his time there.

In fairness managers aren't accountants. The reaction of 99.9999% of managers to the question "do you want shitloads of money to spend?" would be "yes please".

I would imagine those with access to the club's accounts might have a better idea how to run a club. Apparently not in this case.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2010, 08:07:43 PM »
Can't Fred Dinage whip up a consortium? Like Nick Owen did with Luton?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal