collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:21:03 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by rob_bridge
[Today at 09:20:49 AM]

Lucas Digne - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:18:49 AM]

Champions League Contention by rob_bridge
[Today at 09:13:41 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by Astnor
[Today at 09:04:02 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Legion
[Today at 09:03:15 AM]

Diego Carlos by rougegorge
[Today at 08:59:15 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Drummond
[Today at 08:55:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: WWE  (Read 119797 times)

Offline dean_saunders_superstar

WWE
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 10:18:29 AM »
Quote from: "ozzjim"
Completely agree Damon - if people want to watch it its up to them. The thing is the WWF/E generation of my age grew up with HBK and Hulk and the Undertaker etc, they were in it when we were kids, and are still now, which makes it interesting to watch for some still.

Does Chris Benoit still wrestle? The rabid wolverine! Quality.

There was a 60 second interview with him in the Metro on Friday, and he was doing the wave on Soccer Am at the weekend.

Online The Man With A Stick

WWE
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 08:36:14 PM »
The first time I saw him and J.R. was commentating, I thought his name was "Crispin Waah".  The crippler crossface was great, no-one could ever get out of it.

Whatever happened to William Regal, the bloke from "Blackpool, England" who spoke like Hugh Grant?  The best placard I ever saw on Smackdown was one that someone held up saying:

"WILLIAM REGAL IS A WANKER"

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
WWE
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 08:42:44 PM »

Offline bobcat

• GM : 01.06.2017
WWE
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 09:23:34 AM »
Stopped up to watch it at my mates wrestlemania party.

Predicted every match correctly except money in the bank.

BTW Ashley is hot!

Offline bobcat

• GM : 01.06.2017
WWE
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »
Rumour has it Undertaker has injured his bicep requiring surgery and will drop the title on Smackdown next Friday then be away for a while.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
WWE
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 11:11:06 PM »
CHRIS BENOIT AND HIS FAMILY FOUND DEAD

"WWE is sad to report that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home. Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Tonight's Raw will be a tribute to Chris and his family." - www.wwe.com

I would be happy to learn that this is a bullshit storyline but I think this one's real.

Offline Apyadg

WWE
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 11:37:16 PM »
Seems very unlikely they'd fake him and his family dying...their ratings aren't that bad are they?

Online Legion

WWE
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 07:05:43 AM »
Benoit's death part of a double murder-suicide
Written: June 25, 2007According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

Offline Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
WWE
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 08:02:57 AM »
:-s

Bloody hell....

Offline Hawkesey

WWE
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 09:00:40 AM »
Let's see him tap out of this one.

Offline ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
WWE
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 09:05:43 AM »
Quote from: "damon green"
I grow potatoes for fun...

If you televise it I'd certainly rather watch it than I would "Wrestling".

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
WWE
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 11:08:17 AM »
Quote from: "Apyadg"
Seems very unlikely they'd fake him and his family dying...their ratings aren't that bad are they?

Ratings must be bad as they had been doing a storyline about 'Mr McMahon's' supposed death when he so obviously wasn't dead. I think they were going to make it into a 'Who-dunnit' storyline.

I've not been following stories closely for a while but recorded Raw after reading about Benoit. The show opened to an empty stadium and Vince McMahon standing in the ring saying that the show was originally going to be a testimonial to the demise of his character 'Mr McMahon'. So at least they saw some sense and dropped a stupid storyline that would have been highly offensive in light of events.

Offline GUTTRIDGE

WWE
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 11:48:43 AM »
Chris Benoit rip

Online Legion

WWE
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »
Very shocking. Always considered him to be one of the very best wrestlers of all time. Just goes to show that you might 'know' the on-screen persona, but never the 'real' individual. According to further reports, he killed his wife on Saturday, his son on Sunday and himself on Monday.

Offline cheltenhamlion

WWE
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 12:43:11 PM »
Crikey

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal