collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Jhon Durán - signed by Goldenballs
[Today at 12:51:39 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by chrisw1
[Today at 12:50:57 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD 2023/24; Divisions, rules, points and bonuses! 🥧 by Axl Rose
[Today at 12:50:50 PM]

VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 12:49:58 PM]

Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Pre match thread by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:49:49 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Tayls_7
[Today at 12:41:46 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Pete3206
[Today at 12:21:35 PM]

Kits 23/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 12:15:39 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Olympiacos v Villa Pre-match Thread  (Read 17286 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Olympiacos v Villa Pre-match Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2024, 10:33:24 PM »
If we are putting yesterdays performance solely down to fatigue, tiredness with a few injuries thrown in then how is it going to get any better before Thursday

Unless they can find a miracle cacoon type pool that can rehydrate the body back to peakness in a few days we’ve got no chance

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2024, 10:35:06 PM »
It's called the magic of the cup. Players know. No point saving anything for next week. Put it all on the line to reach the final. It will be tough. But they will get nervous if we put on a show.

So it’s a bit of a wing and a prayer? We’ll need more than that I think.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2024, 10:40:53 PM »
If we are putting yesterdays performance solely down to fatigue, tiredness with a few injuries thrown in then how is it going to get any better before Thursday
Unless they can find a miracle cacoon type pool that can rehydrate the body back to peakness in a few days we’ve got no chance

I never go down this path normally as I’ve always thought players should be capable of playing a couple of games a week, and I was still hopeful after the first leg but I’ve been persuaded otherwise on here by what we saw against Brighton

So tell me how can we possibly turn this round being 2-0 down and running on empty, because the fatigue, tiredness and mentality isn’t going anywhere it will only get worse if this is the case

We probably won't.

It's up to Unai and his team to squeeze more out of them, somehow. But without players returning from injury, it's going to be difficult.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2024, 10:45:25 PM »

I never go down this path normally as I’ve always thought players should be capable of playing a couple of games a week, and I was still hopeful after the first leg but I’ve been persuaded otherwise on here by what we saw against Brighton

So tell me how can we possibly turn this round being 2-0 down and running on empty, because the fatigue, tiredness and mentality isn’t going anywhere it will only get worse if this is the case

We probably won't.

It's up to Unai and his team to squeeze more out of them, somehow. But without players returning from injury, it's going to be difficult.

Yep every game is different I suppose

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2024, 10:45:31 PM »

We all need a bit of (perhaps blind) hope though hey.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2024, 11:04:42 PM »
Given the injuries and our squad depth, I fully expected this run of uneven form.
We still have another good performance in the bag, though.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2024, 11:33:37 PM »
If Tielemans and Emi are back, we have a chance. Have a feeling we'll win by a goal, and the missed penalty will prove decisive.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2024, 11:35:06 PM »
If we somehow got through in this one, imagine the lift that would give us going into the Redscouse game. 

Would be post Lille-style good vibes to the power of ten.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2024, 11:45:32 PM »
If we somehow got through in this one, imagine the lift that would give us going into the Redscouse game. 

Would be post Lille-style good vibes to the power of ten.

If we somehow get through this, after narrowly escaping in Lille, we're into 'our name is on the trophy' territory.

If we do, the number of people spontaneously combusting in B9 will keep scientists busy for decades.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2024, 12:09:27 AM »
  1    4     after ET

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2024, 12:15:25 AM »
Dare I say 4-1. Watkins with a brace.

Who's the arse on here who every fucking week predicts a 'Watkins brace'?

I do wish they'd fuck off to Villatalk (they're probably banned there) as their insight and research is fucking clueless. And you know with the Villa, as soon as the hex is lifted..

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2024, 06:10:24 AM »

Agree, we will have more chance if he throws the players that are not totally knackered at it.
Watkins SJM Luiz Torres Digne Bailey are either spent or carrying injuries maybe both.
This also might give us a chance against Liverpool, if not we lose both.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2024, 06:16:55 AM »
Looking forward to elite top manager Unai Emery's team selection based on his massive European experience and intimate knowledge of his players' ability, physical and mental condition, and attitude.

Obviously, if we lose, Colin from Worcestershire knew best.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2024, 06:23:55 AM »
Few Villa on the 06:20 out of Manchester. Getting excited now (30 min delay).

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2024, 07:25:56 AM »
So one key point that no one has mentioned, we need to score 2 more goals than olympiakos just to take it to extra time. Lets say we win 2-0 and then it goes to ET can anyone even contemplate our knackered squad doing a further 30 mins? While they have had a week off

Thats why we need to win by 3 or more in normal time and i just cant see it unless we have players back

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal