collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chris Nicholl RIP  (Read 7478 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Chris Nicholl RIP
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2024, 10:34:12 AM »
I just think more needs to be done by clubs.
Nichol was a player who represented both clubs so it was somewhat fateful and poignant to have the fixture and that seemingly it was largely honoured despite the few not being respectful.
May he rest in peace.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2024, 11:04:25 AM »
From the TV you could hear a few noises, which then gets booed and makes the whole thing sound worse. Don't know if the noise was from late arrivals not knowing what was going on. Can't imagine anyone would intentionally show disrespect.

No, unfortunately we've just got some away fans who have sub-knuckledragger from SHA levels of intelligence, and for them it's more important to be a twat than show respect. There were a few idiots in the away end who were deliberately being absolute fucking wankers. I wish they'd piss off and support somebody else, they're an embarrassment.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2024, 11:05:58 AM »
I believe that all football teams should make it very apparent in advance not just on screen and announcement and in programme  but by including it on the printed or digital ticket.
It's a time for honouring and expressing gratitude. Be it outlining what needs to be done, with applause or quiet. 

It should be mentioned that following the period anyone found to be disrespectful will be removed from the area.

I believe it's terrible behaviour and that the players' families especially and supporters who are especially fond of a player have to go through hearing foolish people disrespect or lack of information or interest for some spoiling that at a time when the stadium should be the calmest, most reflective, and a time for being it prayer and /or reflection of memories.

Most tickets were already sold when the news came in of his passing. However the minutes appreciation/ cheering for their life is better as it drowns out any accidental / intentional disrespect.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2024, 11:36:01 AM »
Not excusing what happened yesterday but the tannoy system was like one from a schools sports day.  Saying that given the Fact or maybe not that the 1,300 fans there should be our most clued up group poor all round.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2024, 11:37:05 AM »
Luton don’t have a screen either.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal