collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Abject Villa v Chelsea post match thread.  (Read 12169 times)

Offline AGRIPPA

Re: Aston Villa v Chelsea Post Match Thread.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2024, 10:06:32 PM »
The killer goal was the third. A free kick for falling over - this is definite - had it been in the area and a penalty VAR would have overturned it. Villa were bad but our bad wasn’t much worse than their “brilliant”

The first sensible comment in two pages….

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2024, 10:06:54 PM »
Kamara and McGinn delivered disappointing performances.
Tielemans remained anonymous and was wrongly given a free kick against him for further insult.

Watkins, as well as Cash and Bailey, deserve praise for effort, but seeing such a poor performance was really disheartening.
I actually thought Martinez could have saved Gallagher goal as he seemed to expect it to go wide the way he dived.
Well done to Diaby for his goal.

Let's move on now to the next one and the league game v Man Utd.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2024, 10:06:55 PM »
The killer goal was the third. A free kick for falling over - this is definite - had it been in the area and a penalty VAR would have overturned it. Villa were bad but our bad wasn’t much worse than their “brilliant”

They were completely and utterly dominant. There was only one winner the moment they got their first.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2024, 10:07:14 PM »
Thing is, we started so brightly with a fast, pressing game. And then after about five minutes we gave up on it

Yeah I thought we came out of the traps strong. Couple of half chances after their first too but generally we looked so easy to play against, their players had acres to work with.

Offline PhilVill

• Centre Right, but nice with it 😉😙
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2024, 10:07:36 PM »
Too many players were off it tonight, and one or two were simply dreadful. I really hope Torres is OK for Sunday, JJ starts too as Sir John on the left is not a pretty sight. No panic yet but if we've been found out, we have to have a plan B

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2024, 10:08:08 PM »
Cheers villa thanks for ruining our week and giving us another stevange performance

Gutless performance

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2024, 10:08:16 PM »
I just want us to win the FA Cup again. 67 years and counting. My dad saw us win it for a record-breaking 7th time in 1957 when he was 14 years old and he died at 77 having watched Villa produce two limp appearances in the final since that match against the Busby Babes. Every year he hoped for a win and had a tenner on us to win it down the bookies. It's incredibly personal for me and every single year it's shit.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
Re: Abject Villa v Chelsea post match thread.
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2024, 10:08:16 PM »
Absolutely rubbish

You're probably never going to beat anyone even half decent with that pair at centre back. They're just not very good.

Kamara-either play properly, or have a sit down on the bench. A good player, but one that when he starts having a stinker, can't seem to put a mistake behind him and crack on.

Unai - (domestic) cup manager, my arse.

Fucking hell Villa
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 10:15:42 PM by Axl Rose »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2024, 10:08:29 PM »

They were completely and utterly dominant. There was only one winner the moment they got their first.
It was surprisingly tepid by us apart from a spell after their first goal and the last 7 or so minutes apart from these small spells Chelsea were performing better than us.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2024, 10:08:46 PM »
We have a real problem once the opposition runs at us. We become wide open and we seemingly do nothing on the sidelines or on the pitch to try and alter it. Break up the play with niggly fouls? drop Tielemans back into midfield for 10 minutes so our mf is not wide open? go to 4-3-3 and hit them on the counter so they have to drop back? We do nothing but invite it on repeatedly. Man Utd, Newcastle and today have all been identical once the opposition have started attacking and sensing how fragile we look.
I love SUE but he's to loyal to the plan at times.  I remember Brighton away in his first season, we went 1-2 up and he killed the game with a 6-4-0 formation for 30 minutes, Brighton didn't have a sniff for the remainder of the game, that should've been what we did for the end half at Old Trafford.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2024, 10:08:59 PM »

The first sensible comment in two pages….

In what way? The comment suggests there wasn't much between the teams tonight. No disrespect but on the basis of what was served up tonight, how is that a sensible comment?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2024, 10:09:35 PM »
Just fucking gutted. Back to back absolute shit performances at VP having gone the best part of year sweeping all aside. We just love giving life to the downtrodden. Players need a goal, play us. Teams are in turmoil, play us. As mudh as things have improved we never stop being charitable. I’m fucking tired of it.

This is where I'm at. I'm tired of the whole "we can't expect to/next season we'll/we've come a long way in/we've got injuries to/it's not the right time to sign" excuses. I just want it to be easy, just once, like it is for properly big clubs. To just sail through a tournament and win it. We've put our time in, let's see some reward now, please.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2024, 10:09:43 PM »
Two identical home defeats in a row isn't good however you spin it. And they were scarily similar.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2024, 10:09:52 PM »
Too many players were off it tonight, and one or two were simply dreadful. I really hope Torres is OK for Sunday, JJ starts too as Sir John on the left is not a pretty sight. No panic yet but if we've been found out, we have to have a plan B
It was really poor showing by Ginny today for sure.

Online Baldy

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2024, 10:10:28 PM »
Our midfield collectively decided that top four is more important than the FA Cup. Handed it to Chelsea on a plate.

They owe us one against Man Utd.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal