collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Barton's Arms  (Read 13356 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: The Barton's Arms
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2024, 10:52:52 AM »
And their mugs are massive.

Offline Chap

• http://www.chap23.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2024, 11:58:30 AM »
And their mugs are massive.
Tall staff then?😜😜

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2024, 02:10:48 PM »
Sports Direct always smells of BO, like they forbid their staff from wearing any deordorant whatsoever.

Yesterday. I had to brave the Sports Direct shopping "experience" to get something for school.  My feeling is always that the staff must have failed every other job interview they've attended before Mike Ashley welcomed them with open arms.  Either uncommunicative or programmed to bark at customers, no detailed grasp of the store inventory let alone specific product knowledge and conspicuous by their absence when there's a Saturday afternoon queue at the tills.
Any rejects from the sports direct interview process end up working the Witton upper concourse bars

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2024, 09:54:13 PM »
Sports Direct always smells of BO, like they forbid their staff from wearing any deordorant whatsoever.

Yesterday. I had to brave the Sports Direct shopping "experience" to get something for school.  My feeling is always that the staff must have failed every other job interview they've attended before Mike Ashley welcomed them with open arms.  Either uncommunicative or programmed to bark at customers, no detailed grasp of the store inventory let alone specific product knowledge and conspicuous by their absence when there's a Saturday afternoon queue at the tills.
Any rejects from the sports direct interview process end up working the Witton upper concourse bars

Or Harvester in Cheltenham where we had the misfortune to eat today.  Terrible service from start to finish.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2024, 10:00:45 PM »
One expects so much better from a Harvester.

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2024, 10:34:35 PM »

Or Harvester in Cheltenham where we had the misfortune to eat today.  Terrible service from start to finish.
was the food any good

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2024, 11:00:10 PM »

was the food any good

The parts they got right was OK.  Can't tell you about the missing food they blamed on forgetfulness in a 1/4 full restaurant.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2024, 12:11:23 AM »
One expects so much better from a Harvester.

:)

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2024, 02:05:56 AM »
I'd happily pay an extra £50 not to eat at a Harvester, purely because of their salad bar.

Seeing the gammon scavs racing over to make multiple visits, loading up on bowls of potato and pasta salad, croutons etc. Then you go up and see the detritus the barbarians have left behind - coleslaw in the lettuce, bits of boiled egg in the cucumber, a discarded hankey next to the tomatoes.

And you walk away, feeling nauseous, seeing these people washing their five rounds of 'salad' down with a John Smith's.

No, no.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2024, 05:32:07 AM »
Anybody remember the Griffin and the Paddock in the Newton Shopping centre opposite?
Yes, they looked like they should have been in Glasgow if I remember correctly
So they were beautiful then? https://thegriffinglasgow.co.uk/

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2024, 06:52:49 AM »
I'd happily pay an extra £50 not to eat at a Harvester, purely because of their salad bar.

Seeing the gammon scavs racing over to make multiple visits, loading up on bowls of potato and pasta salad, croutons etc. Then you go up and see the detritus the barbarians have left behind - coleslaw in the lettuce, bits of boiled egg in the cucumber, a discarded hankey next to the tomatoes.

And you walk away, feeling nauseous, seeing these people washing their five rounds of 'salad' down with a John Smith's.

No, no.
The words I hope never to hear again, “ have you ever been to a Harvester before”

Offline Bernie

• king of celebrity deathwatch
  • GM : 30.01.2025
« Reply #206 on: February 05, 2024, 08:30:08 AM »
Anybody remember the Griffin and the Paddock in the Newton Shopping centre opposite?

Blimey  I haven't thought about those places in over 40 years, used to go in them when I worked in the shopping centre through the mid 70s. Used to occasionally go in the Bartons too

Offline Chap

• http://www.chap23.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2024, 11:03:07 AM »

Blimey  I haven't thought about those places in over 40 years, used to go in them when I worked in the shopping centre through the mid 70s. Used to occasionally go in the Bartons too
I was too young to go in them, went swimming in the baths just up the road from school.

Online Simon Page

« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2024, 11:45:50 AM »
Yes, they looked like they should have been in Glasgow if I remember correctly
So they were beautiful then? https://thegriffinglasgow.co.uk/

Although the pics are taken from its best angle, that is a fine pub. Good food too, and no all-you-can-gobble self-swerve Rory.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal