collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans Advisory Board meeting  (Read 14334 times)

Online astonvilla82

Re: Fans Advisory Board meeting
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2023, 12:50:39 AM »
When you have 42,000 seats and you consistently undersell by 200, that's not a problem of demand not being there. It's a problem of the 200 seats being unsellable, be they RV, single seats, whatever.

I am staggered they think we are sufficiently stupid to not see through that.

In the build up to the Sheff Utd game, some family members said they were going to visit and could they get tickets for the match. 

I kept looking the week before and every day there were a few single seats come up and blocks that added up to.200 or so I'm the Trinity and Holte.  You couldn't book those as they were presumably for corporate. 

Luckily on the Thursday a row of ten or so became available in the Trinity (guessed it must have been a supporter's club returning unsold ones) so I could get some.  I noticed that the same blocks remained pretty much unsold. 

Why not just make them for general sale a week or so before the game if they haven't been sold at that point?
Looked on the website for tickets for the Burnley game last week and said it's sold out, looked at it again a few days ago and they are seating available in the terrace view and the lower grounds , now it's sold out again

Offline colin69

« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2023, 09:29:21 AM »
When you have 42,000 seats and you consistently undersell by 200, that's not a problem of demand not being there. It's a problem of the 200 seats being unsellable, be they RV, single seats, whatever.

I am staggered they think we are sufficiently stupid to not see through that.

In the build up to the Sheff Utd game, some family members said they were going to visit and could they get tickets for the match. 

I kept looking the week before and every day there were a few single seats come up and blocks that added up to.200 or so I'm the Trinity and Holte.  You couldn't book those as they were presumably for corporate. 

Luckily on the Thursday a row of ten or so became available in the Trinity (guessed it must have been a supporter's club returning unsold ones) so I could get some.  I noticed that the same blocks remained pretty much unsold. 

Why not just make them for general sale a week or so before the game if they haven't been sold at that point?
Looked on the website for tickets for the Burnley game last week and said it's sold out, looked at it again a few days ago and they are seating available in the terrace view and the lower grounds , now it's sold out again
If only we had a bigger stand…..

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2023, 10:14:38 AM »
I'd be interested to know how they are estimating the demand for tickets. As an example I want four tickets for Burnley tomorrow, if I can't get four on this occasion I won't go as we will need to do something else together. To the club would I just be seen as someone on the waiting list who didn't go to the game? The way the statement was worded implies they just think one unsold seat means no-one else wanted to go, which would be insane.

Good points. I’m sure there are many fans who’d like to take a child with them to occasional games but end up not going at all because either there are only single seats available (understandable) or when they find two together they’re being expected to pay the adult price for the child (totally unfair).

Yep. I have paid adult prices for my 11 year old boy, and not gone to games alone when I couldn’t get tickets for him and my daughter. I doubt if I’ll go again for the next few years if I can’t get them in as well.
Dunno if you are already, but the claret membership has been pretty much vital for us getting seats together. However, I've resigned myself to having me, my dad, and one of the 3 kids at a time - 3 lots of kids membership for what would effectively be a game or two every season is unaffordable (can only make 3pm Saturday kick offs, and there's hardly any of those now we're in Europe), and in any case getting that many seats together is tricky.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2023, 10:19:27 AM »
as soon as it starts to go wrong on the pitch the deck of cards the current board are stacking up will come smashing down, and the feel-good factor will not be there for them to hide behind.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2023, 10:45:47 AM »
as soon as it starts to go wrong on the pitch the deck of cards the current board are stacking up will come smashing down, and the feel-good factor will not be there for them to hide behind.

Why will it start to go wrong on the pitch?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2023, 10:49:50 AM »

Why will it start to go wrong on the pitch?

Chelsea and Ure will shape-up and return to their "rightful" places. We'll take 5th-7th placed battles and shut up, us ungrateful bastids.

Online Nii Lamptey

« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2024, 12:41:26 AM »
After seeing this supposed new crest, I’m pretty sure Heck attends these meetings wearing noise cancelling headphones.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2024, 10:23:45 PM »
And he definitely attends graphic design presentations wearing view-cancelling spectacles.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 09:18:22 AM by Bad English »

Offline sid1964

« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2024, 08:11:40 AM »
Are we positive that it is the new crest?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal