collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans Advisory Board meeting  (Read 14339 times)

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
Re: Fans Advisory Board meeting
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2023, 10:29:44 PM »
There's one next week. Is there anything you'd like to be brought up?

I’ll ask a nice selfish one Dave.

As a season ticket holder in Upper Witton Lane I’d like to know what plans they have to improve any of the facilities in that area of the ground, other than a coat of anti-slip on the steps I don’t think they’ve spent a penny of those season ticket increases even on up keep let alone improvements in years.   The seats are fading, the toilets are a wreck…we won’t mention the catering offering and standards of service.

I would also ask if they can get round to unblocking the urinal in the men’s toilet at the end of the Upper Witton. Blocked and overflowing for Man City, and still overflowing for the Arsenal game. Doubled the length of the queue to most of half time just to have a piss.

Offline V1lla

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2023, 10:40:09 PM »
+1 for dreadful service at half time in the Lower Holte.
As long as the staff are told to carry on pouring cider from cans and pints from scratch it’ll never get any better. Similarly to Drummond, it took me 20 mins to get just one Bovril on Saturday.

Might a beer-only queue help?

Offline Garyth

• GM : 04.08.2015
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2023, 02:17:03 AM »
This may not be the most pressing matter, but would it be possible to ask if the club could stop playing music immediately a game ends, thus allowing the supporters a proper opportunity to show their appreciation of the team, the coach and all the staff, in a spontaneous, natural and organic way?  Hi Ho Silver Lining doesn't exactly send a shiver down the spine, in fact it just kills the feeling.

Agree on this - I don’t even go to games, but all I want at the end is to relish the fans enjoying another victory on the tv feed for a few moments.

Offline East Anglian Villan

• We go again, and again.......
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2023, 08:10:50 AM »
This is not exactly a request but I've given up trying to do anything at half time except queue up for the toilets.
It's not an experience I want to bother with given that you have to miss the the last ten minutes of the first half just to get a pint so that you can be back in your seat for second half kick off.
The prices as well put me off.
Not a great business model when people are just not bothering...

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2023, 08:50:33 AM »
A plus point and request to pass on a pat on the back for the stewarding in the lower Holte. I saw several parents with young kids being looked after on the concourse when the ketchup was flying over into the stand at the Legia game.
There were a few standing next to the gates when the idiots were kicking them and they weren’t going anywhere. A few of us stood with them just in case so please pass this onto the club.

Offline ironmaidenmania

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2023, 08:52:01 AM »
Another for what's happening for ST holders in the North Stand? Where are we going to be offered and at what cost? Plus will we get first choice on seats in the new North Stand?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2023, 10:11:56 AM »

As a season ticket holder in Upper Witton Lane I’d like to know what plans they have to improve any of the facilities in that area of the ground, other than a coat of anti-slip on the steps I don’t think they’ve spent a penny of those season ticket increases even on up keep let alone improvements in years.   The seats are fading, the toilets are a wreck…we won’t mention the catering offering and standards of service.
As much as the rest of us moan about service and toilets, the upper Witton is by far the worst.  You simply can't get a beer, which is just as well because if you do there's no chance of getting in for a piss at half time.  Excellent view, shittest facilities.  But with the space, I'm not sure what the club can do other than use some of the 'corporate' space below, and that's never happening.  They could have mobile beer sellers with drinks on their back - has that ever been tried?

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2023, 10:29:37 AM »

As much as the rest of us moan about service and toilets, the upper Witton is by far the worst.  You simply can't get a beer, which is just as well because if you do there's no chance of getting in for a piss at half time.  Excellent view, shittest facilities.  But with the space, I'm not sure what the club can do other than use some of the 'corporate' space below, and that's never happening.  They could have mobile beer sellers with drinks on their back - has that ever been tried?

Would it be too much or possible to close the road and witton  and offer facilities there ?

Offline Bully2345

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2023, 10:49:02 AM »
Do they have any idea when safe standing works are happening in the upper Holte. No sign of them yet and it's all gone quiet

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2023, 02:03:40 PM »

That would involve the inclination to want to improve facilities…there is none of that…they are only interested in things that generate more money ie new fans.  They work on the majority will accept it as is, if not they will fill that seat with someone else.

They should rename it the ‘Excellent View Shit Facilities Stand’ :-)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2023, 02:09:59 PM »
In the Upper Witton there could be a couple of mobile beer sellers at the end as that area isn’t as crowded as the central area where the serving hatch is.
The idea of some use of Witton Lane for the lower could work as that road is closed anyway for some time either side of the match. It just needs to be stuff that is easy to wheel/drive in and out either side of the closure.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2023, 02:42:27 PM »
 Not an urgent one but if time permits could you ask if there are any plans for a permanent memorial for Charlie Aitken given that his appearance record is unlikely to be broken. Not suggesting a statue or stand naming but perhaps a Players Award or lounge named in his memory.

I’m aware that this may be a generational thing but I’m sure there are still many of us who saw him play and acknowledge what a great servant of the club he was.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2023, 02:52:23 PM »
I'd be curious about safe standing plans for VP. We went from one the main supporters for it a decade ago to seemingly being one of the last to do anything now you can actually have it.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2023, 03:11:26 PM »
I'd be interested to know how they plan to make tickets available to members next season, given the number of tickets will probably be lower than the number of members.  Are they planning on having a ballot for home games to ensure everyone gets a chance of attending games, or will it be the usual free-for-all on a Monday evening?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2023, 04:23:26 PM »
Obvious question; is the African Car Reverser finally getting a statue?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal